Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please can anyone help?

18 REPLIES 18
MelMc68

Re: please can anyone help?

Hi Jode,

Well, go back to GP, get another referral, and explain that you were not satisfied with your treatment last time, so you've come back! If you're then treated by anyone with the slightest bit of indignity, tell them you want another doctor/nurse. You can always ask for a second opinion.

This is your body and your life. No one else has the right to treat you and your body with the slightest amount of disregard or disrespect. xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

I no i shouldnt have to mel.im waiting to go back to the doctors.im afraid there isnt another hospital i could go to this one was over an hour away from me.xxx
MelMc68

Hi Jode,

You shouldn't have to go private. It's a choice that some people make, but you shouldn't feel forced into that position. I would suggest you go back to your GP, explain what happened and ask for another referral. If possible, is there another hospital you could go to?

You should not be left feeling any doubts about what your condition is. Clearly, the hospital's position has been to take a 'their word against yours' approach. Not good enough. Don't take it lying down. Go back to your doctor until you get a satisfactory outcome that leaves you 100% sure of what it is.

Take care, Mel. xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello im really sorry only just replied having alot of trouble with my phone at the mo so not been able to get on the internet.the complaints department got back to me saying they had spoken to the staff and they say they did everything right so im just gonna have to save up for a private test.thank you for your messages hope your both doing well.xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh how awful that you were treated in this way. I'm so cross on your behalf. Usually breast care staff are very nice, it sounds like the staff at your hospital need some training!
I would say go back to your own GP and see what they say on the matter. I think you should have the right to have your mind put at ease with some follow up tests. You shouldn't have to go private for your treatment, it's not fair that you would have to, to get a scan or other tests, that's what the NHS is for!
Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going, we are all on your side xx
MelMc68

Hi Jodie,

Good on you for complaining! You've done the right thing... Please do come back and let us know how you get on. Take care. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks so much i no i thought if your willing to pay private you could have whatever you wanted iv looked up some other private clinics and hospitals but you still have to be referred by a doctor cant get a ultrasound but its 450 for a mri scan and 1250 for a core biopsy so iv got no chance as im struggling to live as it is.i have complained which is not like me at all i usually wouldnt dare but if theres something serious its too scary to ignore and i have two very young children.the complaints department was disgusted with my treatment shes started investigating it.im going back to my gp next week.i no alot dont seem to care and think tnere in the wrong job iv not git much confidence in alot of doctors as iv been let down so much in the past.my sister last week had two blood clots on her brain she went to docs a and e and hospital about 5 times knowing something wasnt right they just said its bad headaches so learn to deal with them my dad demanded a mri and thats how they found it lucky he did.i dont think doctors like me i always seem to get fobbed off it took me 10 years to get diagnosed with ME and a hormone imbalance.thank you for your kind words and for thinking of me.il let you no if i get any luck.love jodie.xxx
MelMc68

Hi Jode,

It sounds like you had a pretty awful time at your appointment... I'm really sorry to hear that. It's very difficult to know what's best in this circumstance. My head is saying, write to the hospital to complain about your treatment, and go back to your GP to be referred again... But, my heart is saying all that takes time and you just want an answer.

I think it would be worth talking to your GP to explain what happened and see if he/she can intervene on your behalf?

Another thing... I'm not sure why you were told you couldn't get a scan done if you paid for one... As far as I'm aware, if you decided to go private, that is your choice and nothing to do with the NHS.

I know that where I live, there are a couple of private hospitals that would definitely be happy to do it, if you're willing to pay! One of them even offers payment plans.

I'm not suggesting that you SHOULD go private, but if it's an option you want to consider, it's worth looking into. Where I live, there's a Nuffield Hospital and a BMI Hospital (BMI offer the payment schemes; not sure about Nuffield). I have used them both over the years, as my other half gets private health care through work... If you feel strongly about it, you could look into it.

I wish I could slap that doctor for you... And the nurses don't sound much better... I think some of these people get so used to the 'day job' they forget they're dealing with peoples' lives and emotions...

Big hugs, and I hope you get the treatment you need and deserve, love Mel. xxx

Lakeslover

Hi

Give the helpline on here a ring and talk it through with them. I am sure they will be able to advise whether it is worth talking to your GP for more reassurance, and maybe another referral, or reassure you themselves.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello hun sorry not been on here been all over the place since my ap it was horrible.basically had an examination with the consultant who the whole of the time was laughing and joking with the nurse so wasnt concentrating at all then turned round and said its hormonal even tho my hormone imbalance is on track at the mo.i asked for a scan to be on the safe side as my friends just been diagnosed with bc with the same symptoms as myself so they gave me a robe and told to wait then called me back in to say its been refused.i was so upset i asked if i could pay for one but they said no coz im under 40 even tho iv read so many posts of women in there 20s with similar situations with bc so i came away just as frightened and lost they wasnt very nice to me at all.hope your doing well thanks alot for your message.xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello thanks alot for your message sorry not been on here been all over the place since my ap.it was horrible wasnt treated very nice at all.i was examined by the consultant who was to busy laughing and joking with the nurse didnt concentrate one bit to then just say its hormonal even tho my illnesses are under control and its not menstral related i asking for a scan to be on the safe side as my friend has recently been diagnosed with bc with the same symptoms as myself so they sent me back to the waiting room with my robe then called me back to say its been refused i was so upset they just said my friends one in a million and it wont happen to be even tho iv read so many posts on here with women in there 20s with similar symptoms diagnosed with bc so came away just as frightened and lost as iv not got the proof they even said i couldnt pay for one coz im under 40.hope your doing well.xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Jodie just checking in to see if you are ok? X
Guest user
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on lovely xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks alot...yes i no bc isnt usually pain full thats why i didnt go to the doctors for so long them someone i no got diagnosed and she had pain so i looked on here and have seen a few posts in similar situations as myself and some ladies have said thats the only reason they knew something was wrong and not to ignore pain so its panicked me more.thanks for all your comments.iv not got long to wait now so should no if everythings alright monday.hope your all ok.xxx
MelMc68

Hi jode,

So sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. I, like most people, can't comment on your specific symptoms or what these may mean. All I can say is that the majority of breast cancers do not present with pain of any kind. Most types are painless.

You have done the right thing by getting referred, but you now have to try and keep it together while you wait. We all have to play the awful waiting game, and we all cope differently. I was a wreck when I gave myself time to think too much! As hard as it is, try to keep yourself busy with something that'll occupy your mind as much as possible.

I'm sorry I can't comment on your symptoms, but take care, keep busy and hang in there until Monday. Mel. xxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi jode84
In addition to the support here please feel free to call our helpliners for further support on 0808 800 6000, lines open during the week 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here's a link to the BCC 'Worried about breast cancer' page where you will find lots of information including a publication about what you can expect at your appointment at the breast clinic :

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=promo&%3Butm_campaign=...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your message i no im trying to hopefully will no more monday just wondered if theres anyone on here whos had simular symptoms with breast cancer. forgot to say i have nearly all the time a dull ache in that area with a tugging sensation a few times a day.x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi jode 🙂 it is horrible waiting for news, unfortunately tests etc all have a waiting time. I can't comment or say you have or haven't got anything wrong. You obviously have something going on as you have said about the changes in your skin. You have done the right thing by seeing your GP and until the results come back try and stay positive all will be ok. Sending you hugs and hope the time goes quickly! K xx
Guest user
Not applicable

please can anyone help?

Hello im 29 years old iv been referred to a one stop clinic on monday the 20th and im petrified the waiting has been horrible been following alot of posts for a while and been trying to post but only just been able to.it started about a year ago with itching and warming in my left breast but thought it could be to do with my illnesses iv suffered with ME and hormone imbalance since i was w12 so its hard to notice new things as my whole body is affected.after that i was getting a sharp nagging pain at the side of it near underarm on and off for months then it got more frequent i mentioned it to my doctor who said it could be to do with my hormones i was having a really rough time with my illnesses then and very depressed so he put me on antidepressants.we went on holiday the 1st week in december and the pains came every day over christmas and new year the pain got worse and spread into my underarm and dowm my arm felt heavy and weird i also felt what i thought was a new lump quite flat and deep but my breasts are abit lumpy so wasnt sure went to see another doctor who has referred me i noticed yesterday a green strong vein above and across my nibble and today looked in the mirror to check them and noticed puckering around the same breast its all in my left one my right one seems fine just wondered if anyone else has had these symptoms with breast cancer please.im sorry to ask just really worried as i have a one and three year old my family live away and my husband works full time he thinks im worried about nothing but i feel there is something.thank you.x