poor outlook scared stiff

3 REPLIES 3
jinny2611

Re: poor outlook scared stiff

bump
Bumpkin

Dear Jinny
I can only say that I am two years post my first diagnosis. It has been a long journey since then and so much has happened. Along the way some women have got well after treatment for primary cancers. Others, including me have not and have moved on to secondary status. My oncologist gives me 2-3 years as a prognosis. This is based on my skin mets post double mastectomy after third instance of triple neg cancer. I also have a supraclavicle cancerous node. All are currently responding to gem carbo but my oncologist says cancer cannot be eradicated, only kept under control. If gem carbo is working now, that's great. If it stops then he will try something else. There is always something else to try and the only way I can deal with all of this is to face up to it with courage and control the things in my life I have control over. I don't know if I will be here in three years' time and no amount of predictor tools or other people's experiences can answer your question or mine. It is the main question we all want an answer for. It is unanswerable because we are each individual. Triple negative cancer has a number of sub types, and even then, even if you and I had exactly the same sub type, we would still react differently to an identical treatment plan. So, like you, a poor outlook and scared stiff, but a determination to live life as well as I can and enjoy being with loved ones. There is always hope and optimism to hold on to. Someone has to buck the trend!
Keep strong
Bumpkin x
Janet_BCC

Dear jinny2611,

While you are waiting for some replies from fellow members you might find it helpful to give our Helpline a call to talk this over.  They are open now until 5.00pm (9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays).  The number is 0808 800 6000.  They will be able to give you some practical information and emotional support.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

jinny2611

poor outlook scared stiff

Hi i just looked on the predictor tool for nhs omg how frightened am i it was very very low based on 2 tumours and 9 pos nodes how accurate is it? really wish i didnt do it and wish i could have the hormone drug x