cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

positive vibes!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: positive vibes!

Kerry you are so inspiring. I have just joined the bone mets thread as I have recently been diagnosed and really need to hear stories like yours showing that life really does go on despite a secondary diagnosis. 

Thank you and keep posting. Red x

Highlighted

Thank you Nicky 08. For the last three days I felt like I had been projectiled into an area I knew nothing about and this is about my body and my life. Today, like I have been, I am positive and hopeful to learn about my new adjustment. Like you said, once a treatment plan is in place you know what you are doing and heading for. I am feeling that it has to adjust to my life, not I live around it. Prepared once again though for my hospital visits and busy diary which is fine as deep down I wouldn't want it any other way.

The inspiration you ladies have given me in the last 48 hours I cannot explain. To know that life still goes on is fulfilling and has been a huge relief to my family as this distressing time. I am grateful to you all for sharing your experiences so newcomers like me can cling to your lifeboat.....and stay on it.

Thank you ladies and now you have explained some of the terms I can read the other threads that I know now will help me.

x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Chick
Sorry you have to join us in the secondaries club - a place none of us want to be in. However you have come to the right place for support and advice. There are plenty of threads on here worth reading for inspiration including this one. I have been living with mets for 7 years now, firstly in my bones and now, for the past two years, with my liver as well. Please check out some of these other threads, particularly the 'Bone mets, please join in' one which is where a lot of us post as most secondary ladies seem to have bone mets. It is a very active thread and only last week a few other ladies in your (newly diagnosed) position have also joined in. Feel free to ask any questions, there is always someone who can help. And give yourself time to adjust to thIs new diagnosis. Most of us have felt more able to cope once a treatment plan is in place.
Nicky x
Ps RFA is radio frequency ablation which can be used to treat areas such as the liver, mets is short for metastatic breast cancer ie breast cancer that has spread from the primary site to another area of the body

Highlighted

Oh Kerry I so needed to read that today. I was diagnosed on Friday with Secondary to the spine, liver and lymph nodes. Clinging on to any hope I have. My first question on Friday was how long have I got. How long is a piece of string I know. I finished my blog earlier this year and I am now taking inpsiration from others. To know you are all living lives to the full and normally is huge to me today...except I don't understand some of the medical terms on this forum yet...mets, rfa etc. So thank you and any advice is greatly appreciated.x

Highlighted

Thats a lovely posting Kerry and its always good to hear how others just get on with life.I've been dealing with secondaries for over 2 years now (double whammey to the liver) and presently NED. I decided to embrace life and just get on with it and it works for me. So much so I've just come out of hospital after having the first stage of my reconstruction, hopefully I'll soon be wearing a bikini on the beach again. Thanks again for sharing X
Highlighted

My Oncologist also tells me to treat it as a chronic disease. I've only been diagnosed 2 years, and I am still working full time and enjoying life despite the cancer worries.

Highlighted

Oh Kerry! Thank you so much for posting your heartening story. I love the way your Onc thinks! Although I can't complain about mine - he, and the whole team, has been excellent. It's wonderful hearing such stories - thanks again. Hugs, Barton.x

Highlighted

Just come on the forum to read your inspiring message, Kerryoc, you sound very positive and are clearly doing well so I hope others read your post and take heart! Thank you for posting!
I have also been living with breast cancer on and off for 20 years, still on Capecitabine which has held everything in check for 2 years after my secondary diagnosis. So what do I do? Fall off my horse and crack some ribs, far more painful than any treatment - Doh!! Xx
Highlighted

positive vibes!

i was first diagnosed with breasr cancer 21 years ago at the age of 33 and have been on and off treatment ever since.

although diagnosed with secondaries six years ago i am currently pretty much cancer free due to oral chemo and rfa to the liver.

i am well. i work full time and live alone so alsp manage thr upkeep of my house and garden.

my oncology team are amazing and i am ruly grateful to them for always having "something up their sleeves"

i just want to say that breasr cancer is niot alwaysa killer and my oncologist likens it to being a diabetic, a chronic illness he says

i hope this will help anyone who is in a similar position to myself

kerry