post op nausea

Hi all, don’t know if anyone can help but I had an mx and node clearance on the 8 th Nov, woke up feeling ill but 2 weeks on I still feel nauseaous. Anyone else had this problem. I find ginger tea helpful but it’s starting to get me down.
Herbi x

HI,I FELT SICK FOR AROUND 10 DAYS,AFTER HAVING THE SAME AS YOU DONE ALTHOUGH I AM ALWAYS POORLY AFTER BEING PUT TO SLEEP…DRINK LOTS OF WATER IT SEEMED TO HELP ME A LITTLE.SARAH

I wish that I had seen this post earlier on, I had WLE and some node removed, I was so nauseous for two weeks after, spent most of my time lying down as it helped the sickness my GP just put it down to post op and afeeling of anxiety I put a posting on here to see if anyone else had had the same as me hated the feeling, I have an op booked Jan for ANC and I am worrying that I will feel the same after that,

I also get bad post op nausea and vomitting starts the day after surgery or next and feel really naffvfor about 5 days but the gradually starts to get better… I have to go home with lots of anti sickness meds to get it under control.

Do check your temp though and if it doesn’t roe,ve speak to your surgeon… And also make sure your pooing as that can make you feel sick too if you get bunged up also very common post op.

Lxxxxxx

Hi,
Prior to my snb I ws given an anti nausea tablet…it seemed to work as I was right as rain. Mind you, a friend told me to have a fruit drink whenci first came round as it’s easier to drink. After GA. I do thi it helped and the surgeon confirmed that water is harder to keep down. Try having apple juice ready. Or juice and water mixed.

Before my mx and DIEP, at a different hospital, the anaethetist said there was only one effective tablet form anti nausea drug but it was very expensive about £65 so not used there but i would get IV drugs.

so eight hours of GA in total, I was really fine to start with and drank as often as possible as my mouth was so dry my teeth stuck to my lips… but then I drank too much and too varied…water, squash, camomile tea, mint tea… I Came round from GA at 3.30pm but vomited massive amounts of fluids around midnight. The good thing was that it got it all out of me, then I was ok. So my lesson, go slowly, fruit juice or weak squash…!

I think the othert thing that helped was having a mint tea bag in hot water whenever I could get the hot water. It released massive amounts of gas…and I ate 4/6 soft prunes a day so never got bunged up. Hope tis might help someone. Good luck, it’s a very unpleasant feeling!