power plate and excercise

Hi all,
I have (probably but no-one will confirm or otherwise!)mild lyphoedema in my arm/hand and have started to go to the gym to loose weight etc.
They have a power plate there that they recommend for “lymph movement”. They don’t know much about lymph removal and my doctor doesn’t know much about the power plate.
So I don’t know whether it might not be a bad or good idea for me to use it.
Anyone any ideas?
Gill

Hi Gill

I don’t know the answer to your question, but you might be interested in this thread, which discusses the Powerplate, among other things…

uklymph.com/forums/index.php?topic=582.0

X

S

PS Why can’t anyone confirm whether or not you have lymphoedema?

Hi Bahons,
thanks for that, I will have a gander!
My wrist/hand have been swollen since mastectomy but as, when they measure you, they average the difference between one whole arm and the other, and my right arm is bigger anyway as I work with my hands, they don’t “measure” any different.
It’s ludicrous as you can see it very clearly, I cannot wear the rings I used to, it hurts if I allow my arm to stay dropped for any length of time etc…
Ooops, i appear to be ranting…Hope you are as well as pos
Gill(ian)

Hi Gill

Nice to hear from you again, too.

It seems a shame that no-one measured your arms before surgery, then they would know how much the ‘at risk’ one had changed. This is such a simple (and cheap!) method of detecting the start of any subsequent problems.

You seem to be banging your head against a brick wall, don’t you? - poor you. You really don’t want it to become any worse before anyone gets off their ****side and helps you!

Have sent you a pm, too.

Take care

X

S

Hi, I have been told Power Plates are fine by my consultant, I have to go on them to prevent possible osteoporosis from taking Arimidex, They are supposed to be brilliant for bone building and are low impact. Hope that helps.Liz

I was told not to use it after cancer as there’s a small risk the vibes can loosen micromets and set them zooming off round your body.
But don’t they do that anyway?
For anyone with lymph issues but no neoplastic it’s meant to be really good - guess if you didn’t tell them you’d had cancer…??.

i can imagine it being great for lymph, but for those of us with arthritis it’s a no-no
why not try it for a bit & see what you think? as you’ve already discovered, gill, you’re the best judge!!