present ideas?

my partner, 40, has her last radiotherapy session next week, which is the end of her treatment process. since december 06 she’s had a lumpectomy, chemo, mastectomy and now radiotherapy.
I want to buy her a pressie to mark the end of her treatment but not sure what to get. any ideas? (I gave her jewellery for birthday, so don’t want t do that again). I’d like to get her a gift rather than just give her money and get her to buy something herself.
It seems like an event worth marking with a gift, but I’m really stuck for appropriate ideas.

Hi there - you sound a wonderfully supportive partner - your lady is blessed!

After I had 2 surgeries, chemo and radiotherapy, my husband suggested I go away for 5 days to a health farm in Somerset with a close girlfriend and he would foot the bill. He is disabled and doesn’t like to travel far, and a health farm is definitely not his idea of a holiday. It was such a generous gift and great idea, as it cost about £1,200 for the two of us, where I could relax, have pampering facials, manicure, pedicure, hydrotherapy exercise in the heated indoor pool every morning, aromatherapy massages each day and delicious low fat meals, with wine for dinner, There were also some interesting gentle exercise classes like salsa dancing, yoga, etc.
My friend and I enjoyed every minute of it and I came home both relaxed and very refreshed.

I don’t think jewellery would, for me at least, have been an appropriate gift, but you might think about taking your partner somewhere special, and romantic, for a weekend?

Sorry I can’t be more imaginative, but my only trip to a health farm is something I will long treasure, because it was “for me”…

Take care and hope your partner is beginning to feel a bit better after the arduous treatment we have to endure.

Liz.

Hiya,

oh you sound absolutely lovely! I may have to show my boyfriend this post to shame him into treating me once I finish my treatment (only half way through chemo at the mo so he’s got a while to save!).

Anyway, I think Liz’s idea of the health farm is absolutely lovely and sounds just the ticket. Talking of tickets, perhaps you could whisk her away to a posh London hotel for the weekend, and take in a West End show while you’re there.

If your partners hair has sufficiently grown back maybe she would appreciate getting her hair done at a really top salon? I know this is not everyones cup of tea but its just a thought.

Let us know what you decide,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Great Ideas,

I know my husband sorted out a fabulous day for me. My Daughter met me at a hotel which had a health spa and we had an aromatherapy session and nails done after a swim. Then my husband and son (big surprise as he was away at Uni) met us and we went to see a show and had a meal. It was fabulous.

Treakle xx

thanks all for the suggestions. the spa/pampering idea sounds good. Its hard for us to get away as a couple as we’ve got a couple of kids (6 and 9) and don’t have family close by, so she’ll need to go away to the spa with a friend, Her parents are taking her away to prague at the end of september as well, but a spa break with a friend is something different

donald

Hi Donald

My son and his girlfriend went to Centre Parks and invited us for the day and we had a spa day. That was lovely. Do Centre Parks do days where kids and you can do one thing and wife go in spa. Just an idea.

Keith booked a weekend away which was ace. Would someone have kids for weekend.

Marilyn X