72303members
378779posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"cooking" in April/May 09 any others new to rads ?

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: "cooking" in April/May 09 any others new to rads ?

Hi

Jill I was told that when they did the planning they asseseed the position and size of the heart and if necessary could do something to protect the heart. Evidently peoples hearts come in various sizes, small through to unusually large.

Pat my last two have gone really smoothly - in and out relatively quickly. My last one on thursday is at 9.05 which is good, it will get it over and done with. Because of an appointment back at my own hospital I will be unable to see the oncologist in clinic at Guys. Much to my surprise she phoned me today to check how things were going and offer any advice that she could.She also emphasised what everyone else is saying that the skin problems are at their worst 10-14 days after we actually finish. I will be seeing her at the beginning of June,and that is when she intends starting the tamoxifen of something similar which is supposed to be a bit more effective for post menopausal ladies of which I am one.

Phili carry on posting, but start a new thread for us as we finish 'cooking' and move onto pastures new if you think its a good idea. Just make sure you let us know where it is so we can all stay in contact

Andie

lavendersblue

Had another phone call today from the Radiotherapy department at Jimmy's to say that instead of starting on Friday 22nd , they have now put my treatment start date back to Tues 26th . I am booked in for 15 sessions...but at this rate that could change too .

I know it makes sense as there is a Bank Holiday on Monday...but I was mentally all geared up to Friday...so I feel strangely disappointed !!!

I just want to start and get it all over and done with....I have had six months chemo , which finished in April and am now on Arimidex for the next five years. I have had no probs with them so far, but am well and truly post menopausal ..LOL.

I was also told about the lung problem, and the doc said I may find I am more breathless, than before...the most worrying thing is she said as my BC was in the left breast , the radiotherapy may cause heart damage and increase the risk of heart attack ...eeek !!!

Hope everyone is coping well...

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Janet,you sound similar to me as I knew virtually nothing about cancer or anyone else that had gone through this. I got the option of chemo too,only for 3% over 10yrs ,decided risks and hassle outweighed the benefits for that small %,figured if they thought I should have it they wouldve told me that was best option and not given me the choice.

Well that's me on day 14 out of 15 rads and it has flown past quicker than a supersonic flapping thing,can't believe that I'm nearly "done". Have only used the £1.99 tub of aqueous from asda and have had no probs at all, don't know if that's cos I'm tough as old boots or have just really moisturised my skin but I think it's mainly down to "luck".

Libby,before I started I asked about lung damage and my onc told me it is very rare and in her 20yr career she had only come across it once.

Andie my rads team were very encouraging for me to go topless as much as poss....said it was the best thing to do to get the air at it,a hairdryer set at cool meant to be good too.....

Think I'm going to bake some scones and homemade goodies for my rads team tomorrow before I go in,to say thanks,thought it would be a wee change from chocs.

Sandra x

cass141

Hi Libby, yes, I too was told that, due to part of the rib where boob is to be zapped, about 1cm of lung would be zapped also and that this would cause scarring but hopefully not affect breathing. As I already have a lung condition they had to assess whether it would make it worse but onc was satisfied it would be safe.
Andie, how you doing? Great that there's only 2 more to go - my last 2 appts have been b4 9am and I've been in and out . Certainly won't miss the daily visits! Hope everyone else is doing good and Phili, please keep posting and letting us know how you are. love and hugs to all those cooking/cooked!!! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Libby 51

I am 13 down 2 to go with rads. When I signed the consent form for rads I was warned that the lungs could be affected. I was told that if in the future at any time I had to have a lung x ray to warn them that I had had rads because they may see scarring.

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

HI
Saw oncologist today about rads.
Have to go to bristol, she said I would get a phone call and be called for measuring up.
Originally they said 3 weeks rads, now they say 4 weeks (20)
She said rads could affect the lung, has anyone else had lung probs due to rads ?. X

Guest user
Not applicable

When I had bad rads reaction ie itching and sore like prickly heat a BC Nurse gave me some cream called Flamazine and it was great.The Hydrocortisone cream they gave me at the hospital was next to useless..Hope this helps..

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
Thank you for all your kind comments and encouragement, its really helpful to me, as I don't know anyone, friends or family that have had BC, so it is all new.
I declined chemotherapy as the benefit difference only came out as an extra 2%, I think thats why I shall be glad to start rads, I will be doing something positive in my personal recovery.
I will be going to Inverness for rads, a round trip of 150 miles as I live over on the west coast of the Highlands. Have decided to stay over there in our campervan, monday to friday and come home for weekends, a holiday of sorts !
I have bought some Radiance Gel/Cream from the Bristol Centre, has anyone tried it ?
Thank again everyone. Love Janet xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Janet, I had my planning appointment two weeks ago and I start my 15 rads tomorrow - 14 weeks after sugery (and no chemo). As you say, the wait is interminable, but I'm finally nearly there. I'm doing mine at Sussex County, where are you going for yours?

I've been on tamoxifen for 10 weeks and am struggling with fatigue, so I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks as it seems you get even more tired on rads.:(

Guest user
Not applicable

Kathy - I hope you have joy with getting some relief for your soreness.

Janet - try not to get too apprehensive. You'll soon be ticking off the last few days and wondering what you can do with all your spare time! 😉 I found it was just a pain travelling, but once there I was in & out in a matter of minutes and the staff were lovely. There is a bit of prodding about, but it is all in the cause of getting you in exactly the right position, so though it seem very impersonal it's actually very caring of them to want to do it all to the letter. Good luck with it all.

Andie - I've found the aloe vera gel vey useful in the last few days to counteract evening soreness/itchiness. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with watching tv or anything else topless - I'm sure coolish air would be approved!

Take care
Phili x

PS Maybe I ought to start a thread for thos like me who are suffering withdrawal symptoms from being able to legitimately post here!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Janet

Welcome to the 'cooking' thread. All of us are at one stage or another of yet another part of BC treatment.This part is easy - you just lay there, they organise your body and then zap! its all over.Some of us have relatively long journeys to our rads hospitals which in my case makes a 15 minute treatment take 3 hours plus depending on the reliiabilty of the trains. Where abouts are you?

There are lots of helpful tips regarding looking after your skin from creams, lotions, potions and cabbage leaves.

Ask what you like, one of us has probably been there, done that and maybe even got the t shirt!

Be Kind to yourself

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
Hope you don't mind me joining in. I am having my planning session this week with 2o sessions of Rads to start on 1st June, and am getting more apprehensive as the time approaches.
This will be nearly 12 weeks after my op, so a long wait and in some ways I will be glad to get started.
I am already on Tamoxifen so feeling flushed and tired at times but good in general.
Sometimes it doesn't even seem real and feel the need to just talk out loud about my fears.
Thanks for listening everyone and have a good day. Love Janet xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kathy

Please could you let us know what the professionals have to say about actiformcool. Yesterday when I got back from the hospital the zapped area was itching like mad so I used some aloe vera gel and it did a really good job of calming it down. Also of an evening I am inclined to watch the TV topless!! Nothing erotic - I had a bi lateral MX, but getting the coolish air to the area in question seems to make it feel better, not sure if it is medically recommended but it makes me feel more comfortable.

Good luck for today everyone

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls,
Hope you don't mind me joining in.
I started rads on 29th April for 20 sessions. Apart from the daily toil of getting to the hospital, finding a parking space, the machine breaking down, constantly having my appointments changed, I have found rads a piece of cake compared with chemo. Until now...
at the end of last week, Ihad a slight brown triangle that was causing no problems. Three days later, Ilook and feel well and truely cooked. I can't believe I've another 8 zaps, I may as wellbe barbecued and offered as burnt sacrifice!!!
Maidstone will only recommend E45 and aqueous cream, and I really don't think it will soothe or stop the damage. When my skin was itching I was told I could use 1% hydrocortisone cream. Now my skin is blistering and about to peel and the cream can't be used on broken skin.
Has anyone tried actiformcool? I'm going to ask them about it tomorrow.
Andie, don't miss your holiday. If you have problems you can always see a doctor in Devon. Perhaps we can meet up again when you get back.
Jo, I'm sorry you've been having problems. There always seems to be something!
Ladies, I'm not having any hormone treatment, but before they knew I was triple negative Iwas on Tamoxifen for 4 weeks. Ihad no problems with it at all, no hot flushes, nothing. I know we're all different,
but it might not be anywhere as bad as you fear.
Hope all goes well for all being cooked tomorrow.
Kathy

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm a lightweight like Sandra! 15 and no boosters. Last one today and the machine broke down. Had to wait over an hour, no worries, had a nice chat with another lady.

No-one to see now until my oncologist's appt. in July.

Good luck to everyone else 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Pat - I share a business with 3 others, and they've been absolutely brilliant. I'm under no pressure to start work again so I'm going to play it by ear and aim to do half days for a week or two. As you said, it felt lovely to be behind the desk again, but I did feel really tired by the time I got home (to a house full of teenagers and consequent debris!)
Sandra - glad to hear it's going well. How good is it to be on the countdown to finishing, especially with the round trip you have!
Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,well it is only 15 rads for me ,no booosters and no bolus...bit of a lightweight..... only 2 to go now ! Whoop whoop, back to the driving in and out,was fine today and even got zapped 10mins early then actually saw onc on time ! She says all is looking fine and Im ok with the tamoxifen so far so doesn't want to see me until November ! Looks like I'm getting off the mad rollercoaster that have been on since January, that will feel a bit strange ......

Hope all your skin is cooking gently and not causing too many probs.......

Sandra x

cass141

Hi ladies, bit breezy out there today, thought the wig and me would part company but it stayed put! Well, 3 to go, had nice early appt and was in and out before 9am so visited lymph nurse then office to do a bit of (voluntary) work. Lovely to be behind the desk again but will feel like the new girl when I return officially, hopefully next month. Is that what you're doing Phili or have you already been 'passed fit' by occy health? Apparently they take forever to sort out appts etc. Andie, I do hope you get away, believe weather is going to improve so that'd be a bonus. Hope veryone else's day goes okay, will check in later, Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Jo - I had 15 "whole breast" treatments and 5 boosters on just the tumour area. Apparently this was because I didn't need chemo, so it was a sort of belt & braces approach to make sure I was well & truly zapped.
Andie, I do hope you get away & enjoy your break.
My skin has become itchier since I finished. A bit like heat rash in one area, but it's manageable with the aqueous cream & some aloe vera gel. And the tiredness has kicked in big time - I spent most of Saturday asleep!
But I'm in the office as I type having a staged return to work.
Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

Andie - if you are planning on going away make sure they give you the flamazine cream on the final day and some dressings - they almost certainly will be anyway because of the bolus...

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jo

I am having 15 rads. After the first 8 they have added a bolus cover for the last 7. I should have been finishing on wednesday this week but due to a machine breakdown they cancelled one day and added it on to the end - thursday.I understand that the bolus thingy is to bring the effect of the rads more into the skin layer as I had IBC which affects the skin as well. Lots of people seem to have more than 15 rads and just to prove that we all worry about different things I was worrying that I may not be having enough sessions.

Good luck for your last week. Although they say that rads is the easy part of all this I have found it very stressful what with machine breakdowns, cancellations and the daily train journey.

Although I'm not sure how I will feel after 10 months of active treatment to just be taking tablets.

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

Andie, I finish on Friday and am taking kids down to devon for half term in caravan so hope my skin doesn't break out either! How come you started rads after me and your finishing before me? I thought my 19 sessions were same for everyone? Is anyone else having this boost thing then or just me? I'm worried now that mine must be more serious???

Pat , Must look up tomoxifen thread, I'm 20days into tomoxifen and feel like i've aged 30 years!
Jo xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
Thanks girls for you advice. I will take note and speak to the rads team on thursday - my last day.

Should I ask their opinion of cabbages?!! while I'm at it.

Good luck this week everyone, I know that several of us finish soon.

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

Go for it Andie ! Take advice from your rads team ,they will be able to tell you if they think your skin is going to hold up or not before you go. I have only been using good old aqueous cream and have been fine,boob feels bit warm so have bought some aloe vera gel but just to put on after Wed which is my last session. Hey you can always tke a cabbage with you...... I have one going spare.... lol.

Hope you had a good weekend Pat,have left a comment on your tamoxifen thread.

Good luck to all with the cooking this week.....3 to go for me.....whoooooo hoooooo !

Sandra x

topsymo

Andie T- really recommend you go for the break with your family . Most people do NOT have probs after they finish rads and if you haven't had them thus far, you are unlikely to have them afterwards.

Take your aqueous cream - or whatever you are using with you - and you will be fine. The holiday will do you more good than anything else.

During chemo I 'fought' my way out of hospital after 2 days with low white cell count & raised temp. and having 4- hourly intravenous antibiotics. I managed to persuade the on- duty registrar to let me out earlier than she wanted - said I'd be sensible etc . The 3 days I then had in the Isles of Scily - even in November, gave me such a boost & I was fine. There is always pressure for us to be ultra careful - to the point of giving up on all sorts of things we would like to do..... 'just in case'

Unless you really feel poorly, trust your own judgement - and go for it! We pass this way but once.......

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi cass..............yes, have had chemo, number 6, my last one, is due on 26th of this month and I shall be glad to have finished with that stage of things. Just trying to get my head around the next bits and worrying about the fact that 'it' has spread to my lymph nodes and surrounding tissue. Not great, but I guess all the treatment will sort it out. Hoping not to get too sore from the rads, 25 zaps sounds quite a lot??

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Like Pat I am 11 down 4 to go. Skin is very pink but at the moment not sore at all. Everyone says that will happen after the rads have actually finished. Problem I have is that I hope to go away to Devon with daughter and grandson 3 days after rads finish so should any problems occur I will be well away from the people who could advise me. What do you girls think, shall I stay home or take a chance and go. If your considered advice is that I go what creams, lotions or potions should I take with me as a precaution.

Pat I can fully understand how low you feel. I think with the problems we had last week with machine breakdowns and cancellation it has added in a stress that we did not need.Because of the extra day that has been added on I am now supposed to see the onc next thursday but that can't happen because of an Echocardigram appointment. Instead I will be seeing my onc back at my own hospital in 2 weeks time. Oh to have a space with no hospital appointment looming.

I Hope all you rads ladies are OK on this nice suuuny saturday. Enjoy the 2 days at home

Andie

cass141

Hi Narnia, sorry about the rads. I totally understand what you say about wanting your life back - now! I'm partway thru my rads after 4 months chemo - I've had 11 and have 4 more to go. Upside is that the rads is much gentler than the chemo - have you had chemo? - and, as long as you look after your skin with the cream etc it shouldn't be too bad. My onc told me yesterday that, although my boob is quite pink now, I should expect it to get more sore, this can happen after rads is finished. It's tiring going every day but I've found that the time goes quickly. The actual 'zapping, once you're lined up takes only a few minutes. You'll soon be out the other side, come on here and let us know how you are, have a rant or just say hello. The support here is fantastic. All the best, Pat x
PS Hope all you other rads ladies are okay today. x

Guest user
Not applicable

I have just been told I will need five weeks worth of radiotherapy, so 25 blasts.Bugger. I have to have lymph clearance first, as there is spread from my original breast cancer, so i guess my rads will start end of July as my op is on the 3rd. So p'd off with the whole thing, I'd just like my life back, please.

cass141

Hi all, Phili, congrats on finishing, must be a good feeling. I'm 11 down 4 to go but am feeling quite down and weepy while all around me are expecting me to feel ecstatic. Can't muster the enthusiasm at the mo, hope feeling passes. Sandra, your trip sounded interesting but of course there's no place like home! Andi, hope your appts going well, I was over at St Thomas yesterday as had to see onc - waited 2 hrs to see her so all in all spent almost 4.5 hrs there! Saving grace was I could nip to my old office there and see old colleagues so that was nice. Got a couple of nice comments about my 'hair' from people that didn't know my 'situation' they thought I looked musch younger and loved the hair! Bummer that I know my own hair will never live up to the wig!!!! but, as long as it returns, who cares. Jill, so you're all set, yes I ruined a couple of bras with the pen marks so now take a wipe with me, also stain devil is great at removing the marks. Lynn hope sores are getting better - onc said I should expect my skin to become sore over the next couple of weeks so will keep up the regime of aqueous cream and have aloe vera gel in readiness, too. All the best to everyone else, off to a 50th b/day party tonight (an old schoolfriend) so first proper 'outing' since dx, hope I can find something to wear.... Some things never change! Hope everyone else ok, love and hugs Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Glad everything seems to have gone OK so far for you all.

I spoke to my BC nurse about the sores which got quite bad yesterday. I went to see her and she dressed them and gave me a load of dressings - lightly sticky foam things which make it more comfortable. Feels very itchy and I get a strange sensation round my nipple. I can't wear a bra though.

Phili - congratulations on finishing - it's a great feeling isn't it - and enjoy the champagne.

Pat - yes having terrible night sweats and hot flushes. I'm on tamoxifen but started them while on chemo and they haven't really stopped - just abated a bit when I had acupuncture - so going to enquire about another course of that.

Have a good weekend

Lynn

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all!

Jill - pleased to hear your ct scan went well this time. You can now relax & have a good weekend.
Sandra - glad to hear you're home & your week went well. Pity you couldn't persuade them down to the pub, but the hostel sounds good. And only 3 to go!!!
I finished my rads yesterday, but went back to Northampton today for a reflexology session, which was very relaxing. I think the se's have really kicked in now as I feel absolutely exhausted, with no stamina for much, and a bit of a dehydration headache, but at least this stage of the treatment is over. Just a count down to seeing my surgeon again in June, to see what he wants to do about the constricture.
I'm going to friends' tonight who want to share a bottle of fizz in celebration, and who am I to turn down the offer of a glass of champagne?!?
Oh and very strange, but at my final zap the radio was playing Athlete's Wires - "I see it in your eyes, I see it in your eyes. You'll be alright" - I'll take that as a good omen and hope the same for all of you
Take care & have a good weekend
Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All, I'm back ! Had a great time at the hostel,we were a mad happy bunch,and what I don't know about prostate cancer just isn't worth knowing ! Only prob was they all went to bed very early, no escaping to the pub, hmm should have just gone at lunch time !

Rooms were excellent,all with showers en suite and tvs and fridges and served up 3 course meals in our own dining room ! Rested up but did a bit of galavanting round the shops too,glad to be home though.

Boob holding up so can't complain and only 3 to go ! hurrah !

Hope you are all doing well and not suffering too much,take it easy !

Sandra x

lavendersblue

Been back to have my CT scan done again this morning ...and told to wear an old bra this time.....which I wore for the scan and which they drew all over , plus a couple more new tattoos ....original ones are now invisible, obviously didn't take !! The staff were all lovely and the doc was there again to check it was all OK this time.

I now have to guard this bra with my life, take it every day and mustn't wash it...LOL . The trials and tribulations of having big boobs !!

Start for real next Friday, just wish it was all over now...

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening all.
Lulu - glad you're feeling better, and you've just got two to go now!!!
Lizzie - I hope your first day goes well, then you can start counting them off. Once you get into the routine it's surprising how quickly it goes.
Andie - what a pain to have an unexpectedly longer appointment. Hopefully you'll be back to the normal timescales tomorrow. And also I hope your skin behaves in spite of the upped dosage.
Lynn - congrats on finishing! I do hope your skin heals quickly - it does sound sore. Before I started I read about a silicon gel dressing that you can get prescribed. It might be worth asking about that.
Pat - the last couple of days have been very quick appointments. I was out before my designated appointment time both times - how fab a service is that!?! And yes, hot flushes & night sweats are regular occurrences, though I prefer to call them power surges - I'm much too young to have hot flushes! 😉
Sandra - though absent, thinking of you & hope you're week is going well.
Phili x

cass141

Hi all, Andie, they should have told you about the change in treatment right at the start as it is stressful. Still, sounds like this bolus thingy is more powerful so hopefully worth the extra discomfort if there is any - I'll keep everything crossed for you. I'm still quite pink and it felt a little sore yesterday but still slapping on the cream. My appt was at 5 and I was in and out and on the tube by 5.40 so not too bad. Lynn, great that you're all done but do get the sores checked out if they don't clear up soon. It must be a good feeling when you're done. Because of delays I'll finish next Thursday, barring any more machine 'tantrums!' Sandra, are you missing the driving I wonder, hope you're doing okay and that you've made friends, and that there's a decent pub near the hostel! Good luck for tomorrow Lizzie, you'll be counting down along with us then. Lulu and Phili, hope all went well for you, it's quite exciting knowing there's light at the end of this bl**dy tunnel! All the best to everyone, we're getting there, Pat x
PS Can I just ask if anyone else is getting these horrible hot flushes and night sweats? And I've not even started the tamoxifen yet! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Finished treatment today - it was the quickest ever, in on time and out in 10 minutes - perhaps it was because my appointment was before 9 and they hadn't had a chance to get behind.

Andie - my skin went pink from day one and it got redder. The sores are under the breast and probably opened up on day 15 and have been getting worse - probably because it's difficult to wear a bra because it rubs. I've just been told not to use aqueous cream on the sore area - which I haven't been. I am using aloe vera gel but can't see that it makes much difference. Unfortunately I couldn't see my onc as he's only at the hospital in the afternoons so I might go and see my GP if it gets any worse.

Good luck to all of you who are still cooking and hope you don't get sore. Thank you also for all your support and helpful tips etc over the past couple of weeks.

Lynn
XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Went for rads today as normal but no one had thought to tell me that now I am half way through things were to be altered slightly. I hate it when things come at me out of the blue.

From now until the end or rads I am to have a thing called a bolus(SP?) laid over my breast area to make the rad machine think my skin is nearer than it is and to target the skin and the layer underneath.Today as well they had to check the dosage and the alignment and take images.All in all I was in there absolutely ages.
They have thought to tell me that with this bolus my skin is more likely to have problems - O Joy!!

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Andie

LizzyM

So glad you are feeling better, Lulu!

You all sound to be flying along, despite machine breakdowns, keep counting them off!

I have my first tomorrow, all appt are 12.20 (well, that's the plan!)Really want to get going with them now, have felt back in limbo recently,

Have a good day, all.....hope you're having a good break from all that driving, Sandra,

Lizzie

Guest user
Not applicable

All going ok for me at the moment. Depression has lifted. Breast hasn't changed apart from the pinkness......in a square shape!!

Tried a different car park today. It's next to the treatment centre and parking attendants put my weekly ticket in and wave me through to a disabled parking space! They told me it would be ok as I'd be out within the hour. What great service.

Everyone really cheery and helpful today. Actually they always were, but I was in such a grouchy, horrible mood I didn't appreciate it.

I finish on Monday.....hoorah! Hopefully not too long for everyone else?

Guest user
Not applicable

Pat - boosters are going ok, just 2 to go now. It seems to be getting a bit redder & itchier but nothing major. The tiredness is really kicking in now. I needed two sleeps today - one when I got home & another after doing some gardening! As Lynn says, it's quicker lining up the machine for booster tratment. They put a bit of framework onto the head of the machine, into which they insert a lead alloy template (a bit like a very thick stencil) which has to line up with (yet more!) felt pen marks, and they bring it really close up to the tumour area. And then it's only one set of zapping.
Lynn - lucky you to get mattress & pillows! I'm still on the hydraulic platform. And enjoy your freedom from the rads trail after tomorrow! I do hope your skin heals up quickly.
Andie - glad yours went smooothly today. It does make a difference when they don't have to prod & poke you about.
Jill - as Andie says better to do it twice & get it spot on than to have it wrong. A pain nonetheless, I'm sure.

I'm really hoping that once I've finished my contracture will loosen up a bit, but somehow I can't think it will do it sufficiently. I shall be counting down to my appointment with the surgeon to see what he's going to do and when he's going to do it.
Oh, and I've got a stink of a cold for my sins
Have a good day tomorrow everyone
Phili x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Yes Pat Elekta 5 behaved today. I went on my own by train and got there early, I took a chance and went straight to the department and they were having a super efficient day today and saw me early.It was the chap who has had great trouble lining me up in the past that we were talking about but today it all went according to plan easily. Although I almost had to run back to the train station I managed to get home in time to collect my granddaughter from school.

Jill although it is frustrating to have to have the CT redone it must reassuring to know how careful they are being with you.

Lynn Do you mind me asking how far you were into the rads when the sores opened up.Do you get advice on how to deal with them? Oh how I sympathise with the longing for a 'normal' life again. Although I suspect that ongoing hospital appointments will feature in our lives for some time.

Sandra Did you lead the pub crawl last night?

Love and hugs to all, Good Luck tomorrow

Andie.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Hope all went well today. I am very sore and red and have weeping sores under breast which I'm told could take two weeks or so to clear up. Now on boosters and was a bit alarmed at how close the machine gets but its much quicker getting lined up and I get to lie on pillows and a mattress.

Well just one more to go then that's it, all my treatment - apart from tamoxifen - over. Can't wait to get back to a normal life again.

Hope everyone's treatment goes well tomorrow.

Lynn

cass141

Hi everyone, hope all is going well for you all. Sandra, how is your adventure going, I love Andie's idea of us all going together for a rads session - of course ending up in the nearest pub! Jill, what a bummer that you've got to have it done again, still, at least they're being thorough. Phili, hope your booster sessions are going okay. As it's more intense, does it have any SE's - is it uncomfortable? Lynn, you're almost there! Well, I had a clinic appt today so went down to rads after that, an hour before appt time but got seen anyway which was handy. 8 down, 7 to go - we're getting there! Andie, Elekta 5 was fine today, hope it was for you too. All the best, Pat x

lavendersblue

Had a phone call from Jimmy's in Leeds this morning, my CT Scan was not good enough ,they are concerned that they will be firing on too much healthy tissue , so I have to go back on Friday and have it all done again... all a bit worrying really.

Hope they can get it sorted this time....

Hope everyone else id going on OK.

Hugs, Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Pat & Andie - How nice to be able to see a familiar face!
Sandra - I hope you've found some like-minded people at the hostel to make your week more bearable.
Hope all goes well for everyone today.
Phili x

cass141

Oh and Andie, I will see if I can work out how to pm you tomorrow it may take me a while! - not very techy I'm afraid. x

cass141

Hi ladies, all went well today - apart from turning up for an appt that's actually for tomorrow! Did I feel daft or what...... Anyhow, went back to hosp later for rads and met Andi and her OH which was great. Machines all behaving today so hope this continues - Andi I'm on Elekta 5 for the rest of my sessions (apart from Fri at St Thomas) so pleased to hear it's been serviced. Hope everyone is doing okay and really hope there are no more delays - I can see the finishing line..... love Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sandra

You make your next lot of rads sound like a real adventure. I can just imagine you leading all the others astray and into the nearest pub. We should all arranged to have come with you to have a group rads session.

They have had the machine where I go, that played up big time last week, serviced, so fingers crossed it all goes according to plan this week. Today was fine in and out quite quickly with the added bonus of meeting Pat in the waiting room and having a chat while we waited.

Take Care

Andie.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, that's me just about to make my way up to the hosp as am staying up there this week as have got 5 in a row and really think that the driving or even being driven would wear me out,quite looking forward to mooching about garden centres and the "big" shops .....lol,might even try and break out the hostel and lead them all astray to the local pub !

Hopefully still able to post via phone but if not good luck to all and hope the skin holds out for the week.

Sandra x