racehorse riding !! i know another crazy horsey girl

i have read the really helpfull comments on horse riding, and in jan i decided to have the muscle expander ,as it was less time to heal, and i was worried that i would lose strength in my back as horses are my work actually my life !! I think now i have made a mistake as it did not work the skin did not stretch much at all, i think the rads did not help and on my last pump up ! she burst a whole in implant, so i am waitng to see surgeon again to discuss what to do next, But at the moment he is telling me that i can either got for the back muscle op, which i dont really want, or just have it flat, which at the moment i dont know what is best , as i only 27 and it would but nice to have a pair again !! They also said i have not enough fat on me to take it from anywhere else , so if any one could help me with any ideas i would be very grateful thanks b xx

Hi
What a shame you have had these problems.

Do you not want the the back muscle type of recon because of the fear of losing strength in your back? Or is it because of the recovery time? Or both?

I had back muscle recon done 12 weeks ago and like you, I did not have enough body fat, so I had silicone implants. I have had one side done and I am waiting to have the other side done. I can say I have not noticed any loss of strength in my back, I just feel a bit unfit probably because I have really taken it easy since my op and left the horses purely to my daughter. That was by my choice though and if I had wanted to I could have done much more, much sooner. I am doing everything else though. I read on here a lady was told by her surgeon that rock climbers and professional swimmers MAY see a difference.

You are so young and it would be a shame for you not to ‘have a pair again’.

Jackie.

Hi Bev,

I had bilateral Mastectomies with LD (Back muscle) recon and implants, as I also did not have neough body fat elsewhere or even using just my back muscles. I initially didnt notice too much loss of strength, and it really depends on what I’m doing, there are definitley diffent pulling sensations. I think that EVERYONE is individual, especially the surgeons and how much of the muscles and fat they take etc. I think they sometimes find it hard to state how much you might miss the muscle, I personally couldn’t climb properly now, I can pull up to some extent but not as before. with regards to horse rididing its something i’ve been wondering about, I know of others who are happily carrying on wiht their horses etc. I dont know if they are competing. I know my surgeon said to be wary of sudden jerking/pulling of my arms, because of the risk of some sort of tearing in the ‘fascia’ of my back!?! But again I think it’s all a bit unquantifiable…it worries me a bit. Problem is that obviously horses are nown to jerk suddenly. I think it best to ask your surgeon!! As i say it’s really quite an individual experience the op, recovery and after effects. I’m not sure if that’s helpful!?! Sorry.
Wishing you ALL the best wiht your decision though!!! XX