cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radio 2 news

5 REPLIES 5
ForumMember

Re: radio 2 news

Hi - the lady actually got her DLA awarded to her - BUT that was after this big blunder.

It was heardrending to see her on GMTV. She had her 2 daughters with her. I think the letter was sent to her to pass on the CAB but being human she opened it and there it was "not expected to live to 5 years " God can you imagine how you would feel. That poor woman.

Liz xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thankyou all so much for that info i knew that i would get the information hear. When i asked for DLA and i got the letter from them saying no i cried, which was silly but i just wanted an acknowledgement that my life as i knew had gone and i just could not cope with shopping driving or looking after myself,the macmillan advocate came to the house and as i was in bed came sat by the bed went thro everything and with another letter from my doctor i did get some help which i am very grateful for. But it should not have to be like that and my heart absolutely goes out to that BC patient, and i hope that some good does come out of this disgraceful shambles
Love to you all
Kate

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes she was on gmtv one morning. Apparently all correspondence should have gone to the CAB in accordance with her written authority but the DWP sent the Appeal documentation direct to her. She said she wanted to get the surgery, chemo and rads out of the way before she sat down with her Onc to discuss prognosis, further treatment etc.

I can't remember the outcome of the Appeal for DLA

horace

I think this is the same story;I read it in the daily Telegraph last week.Someone had applied for DLA and been turned down.CAB advised her to get her consultant to write a letter to them.He did.She was sent a copy of the letter which said something to the effect that because she had widespread metastatic breast cancer she was unlikely to survive for 5 years.She had not had this spelt out so bluntly before and said it was receiving a death sentence from Social Services.Incidentally she was still turned down for DAL.I may be a little inaccurate but that was the essence of the story I read.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Katej if you go on the Radio Two website they have a listen again facility and you can replay the whole programme and then fast forward it to nearly 9am

Louise x

Guest user
Not applicable

radio 2 news

Hi Everyone
Did anyone hear the 9.00am news last saturday on Radio 2 half way through the Sounds of the Sixties please i am sure i was not dreaming it .I had the grandchildren but i am not sure of all she said. There was a woman relating her story that she opened a letter from the disability service and it was worse than being given the news that she had cancer. I f someone did hear this i would be really grateful to hear the whole story. I had the same thing happen and i went to the Macmillan nurses advocacy who were fantastic.