radio therapy october 2017

hello everybody this is my very first time on here,im 44 years old and i had my second lot of radio therapy today ,i took a cd with me to play ac dc shoot to thrill     song which helped,i must say it doesnt really feel real to me i remember thinking what the hell am i doing here what do i need this for im fine and then i think oh yeah i must have had it,most of the time i try to ignore and forget about it but i get reminded,its certainly a emotional roller coaster this breast cancer stuff one day you strong and in fighting mode all positive then the next minute your blubing like a baby and not quite sure why.i have a little word with my booby every mourning before treatment and tell it your be o.k but your gonna get a bit hot but dont worry whatever you end up looking like i will still love you well well ladies you got   to laugh or the other option is crying which i have done a lot of mind you .i hope to hear from any of you out there. girl power be strong and let yourself cry when you want to it makes you feel better afterwards i send hugs and support for all who are going through this your not alone even when you feel you are ive felt that too xxx my husband is my rock im so lucky

I agree woth you “Girl Power”, join the October thread start by ladtbowler, you migh have more a lottle niy more info.

Pehhy

Hi Littlefairy,
Welcome to the forum, thanks for your lovely message & glad you found us.
You’re so right about the roller coaster feeling when going through this, we’ve all been there at some point.
ann x

i had my 4th rads today and i wanted to see if anybody else had their bc really close to nipple any replies or hugs would be most welcome from the little fairy xx:catvery-happy:

Yes, you’re right fairy, that’s my Leo on my profile.
Glad to hear you’re off work, I had not had sick time off in years, so thought, sod it, I’m certainly taking it now & I’m glad I did!
ann x

My bc was detected at my 2nd routine mammo, so thank goodness for that! It was very small, so had a wle. For me, rads did not cause it to shrivel or shrink in any way & after the redness & soreness subsided, it returned to its usual shape & feel.
One thing I have noticed though, is it still offer feels warmer that the other boob!
ann x

Hi littlefairy, my tumour was just below the nipple so i had nipple moved higher, i have had 10 rad sessions now, nipple is holding out very well, but i have started to go red under my armit and under boob, to be honest this might be my fault, i wasnt aware they treat whole boob so ive been concentrating on tumour area, but now i can see effects of the area covered so im moisturising whole boob and actually going bra less at home so my skin can breath abit.

All the best 

Debbie x

Hi, I’m the same first time on here, I’m 44 next month, going through radiotherapy, this is my 2nd full week, going ok,skin not been sore don’t know if that will come,got another few weeks, Started tamoxifen end of August, got the hot flushes, and crying! ?oh my goodness I cried for 3 days last week, but have to say feel so lucky I feel I haven’t been through as much as a lot of other woman, I got it early thank goodness as was grade 3 could have been a totally different story for me, anyway stay strong all you lovely ladies we’ll get there! I also have to say big thanks to my family husband, kids,mum, couldn’t have got through some dark days without them. Must be hard for our family going through it,

Hello there, seems like you’re coping well. I too like misty to music during my sessions, takes your mind off it.
Wishing you well on your journey

nipple and scar area starting to itch and the indentation bit where they took it out but its a itch you just cant get as some of it is still numb so i cant feel it the breast is still holding up fine but tomorrow its back to rads but looking on the bright side there is also cake to be had ,i hope every one is getting on o.k with there rads xx little fairy

Hi little fairy, i can relate to the itching, its been constant this weekend.

Thankyou fairy, sending a hug too, i had my final one today, they laughed today and said wow we can certainley see where we treated you lol, i reckon i could fry an egg on mine tonight lol, im using aloe vera gel, and diprobase, and they gave me two tubes of hydrogel to use on broken areas,  out of all three i prefer diprobase. How many sessions you got left.

Thankyou fairy, i did feel emotional, when they asked how i was i started to well up, i had to fight the tears, but its a releif its over, will soon be your turn, i actually slept all night with out waking but ive woke up feeling exhausted like i didnt sleep, im gonna have a well deserved pj and tv day and let my booby breath lol.

All the best debbie x

Thanks helena and fairy, yes im on tamoxofin, and i have the prescription card, i got it when i was first diagnosed when they prescribed adcal zoledex and letrozole, was so pleased i didnt have to pay for that little lot, think its valid for 5 years, i agree fairy where lymph nodes were removed is very sore, when i put cream on last night it stung, so i think it must be starting to break, so im gonna use the hydrogel on that area today that the hospital gave.

Best wishes to you all

Debbie x

yah! 2 days off from rads ,when i got home today i had sudden onset of fatigue and my husband had to help me get undressed so i could go to bed and sleep which i did for 3 hours it comes over so quickly which i have had alot of times sometimes i go all floppy and cant move or speak cos im so fatigued,booby is holding up very well with the aloe vera gel and nipple pads ,itchy at times though hard not to scratch the more you scatch the worse it gets ,gonna be a couch potato tonight xxx

hi everybody i would like to ask if anybodys cancer scattered in there breast like mine and how did they get on thankyou xx

hi ladies didnt write anything on here yesturday went to rads and was so fatigued i got changed ready then i couldnt stand up and went so weak and floppy i ended up in a and e downstairs how embarrasing was that well i had to miss that one and have a extra one on the end  my husband had to wheelchair me out and drive me home then i slept for 12 hours,its pure fatigue and nothing else had tests all fine ,fatigue is my biggest problem so im drinking alot more water now a hell of a lot more eating more times in the day and sleeping alot,cant wait for rads to be over ive had anoth now and last night ijust wanted to run away somewhere thinking i could get away from it all but i was so fatigued i couldnt go anywhere ,my husband soothed me and make me allright again hes so supportive xx

Aww bless you fairy, glad he is looking after you, good idea drink loads of water it helps,  fatique is horrible, you just have no control, just rest when your body needs it, everything else can wait xxx