cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radio therapy

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: radio therapy

Fab news - believe it believe it - we have been on a roller coaster really and there are some dips.  I will look at the Haven site and probably will have to contact my breast cancer nurse as its not improving (it may be a little worse) but thats not really what I want it think.   Have a lovely weekend - I have nothing much planned but I suppose some cleaning will come into it.  xx

Pam x

Highlighted

Hi Pam

My MRI scan showed no abnormalities Yay!!! But I've been referred to a lymphodema clinic to investigate the swelling I might have to wait 2-4 weeks as it's not classed as an emergency. In the mean time I'm trying the excercises from the Haven website. There's a really good set of 3 videos with loads of helpful information. The physio I spoke to today seems certain that it is reversible if it's not got too bad so if you are at all concerned get some advice.

Still can't quite take in the clear MRI results, should be really pleased and doing cartwheels but just feels strange and can't really believe it. See, told you I'm not normal. Lol

Take care Wemblo.
Highlighted

Hi Wemblo

Yes it is good to compare, I have never claimed to be normal neither so we have a couple of things in common.   I think mine is lymphodemia too.   My scar is from sort of central chest to almost nipple so that bit is hard and also sore but the other side of my boob is the swollen bit and also under my arm a little.  Let me know the results from doctor.  Happy weekend.

Pam

Highlighted

Hi Pam

It's good to compare notes. We sound very similar. Still moisturising and no longer taking pain killers. Mine is definately more solid than my good side but I have some swelling too. I get days when it tweeks all day occasionally catching my breath. I find the bed covers heavy on it and the car seat belt uncomfortable at times. I have an appointment tomorrow with my oncologist for results of an MRI scan which I had because of the mixed histology of my tumour, apparently it will also show if the swelling is lymphodema. I think we both sound 'normal' for this stage of recovery (apart from me being swollen) yes I've never really been normal 😂

I'll be interested to hear how you progress

Wemblo x
Highlighted

Hi Wemblo

My dates sort of matched yours only I started rads mid October, how is your boob now?   Mine is quite solid and although I dont take pain killers its always sore, I still keep moisturising.  But have some more painful days when I get miserable but after a couple of days I cope again, I suppose its all part of the process, but it would be good to hear your side.

Pam

Highlighted

Will do thank you,in a way i suppose reassuring they think ok to wait that long,am starting pills this week June

Highlighted

Just to throw my experience into the mix. My WLE and SNB was the end of August and my rads started at the end of October. Despite conscientious moisturising I did get a burn under my boob. I was given Flamazine cream which was very soothing. I considered it a small inconvenience (and a little bit sore for a couple of weeks I must admit) for the benefit of keeping my boob.

Hope all goes well for you ladies

Wemblo xx
Highlighted

Hi Catchpole,

I had my surgery (WLE) a few days before you and my radiotherapy starts next week - I was surprised by the delay as I knew that the NHS guidelines say it should start within 31 days but a bit more research told me that they aim to start within 31 days of declaring us fit to receive the treatment (which I guess is the first meeting with the Oncologist) and anything up to 3 months delay is not considered to be a problem.

I'll be starting a March/April radiotherapy thread next week so we can all compare notes as we go along so hope we'll see you on there too? 

Take care

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi my op was 5th jan and I start rads on 23/3, partially delayed by a pre booked holiday and then a haemotoma developed and I am only just healed. They have reassured me that there is no problem with a gap of this duration so I am okay about it. But understand your worries, I think extra time to settle after the op is not a bad thing given what our bodies and minds have been through. We are starting a March rads thread,I say we but Sharon is our thread queen, so please do pop in x x
Highlighted

There was just over 10 weeks between my dates last year.

Highlighted

radio therapy

Ive got a date to visit the hospital for my radio therapy plan etc, but its not until 2nd April, my lumpdectomy was end of jan,ive healed up well, feel fine, am fit, is it normal to wait so long. Starting pills this week. i imagined would be sooner.Anyone has any comments on this june