rads again

i have already put a post on about if people have noticed a difference in the way their breasts look but i also want to know has any body had pain in there breasts after a few dats if rads it has just come on not worried at all but is it quiet common and how long does it last thankyou

Hi Roseric

I am waiting to start rads but a few people who post on the “starting chemo in August” thread have reported feeling stabbing pains. Seems to be quite a common side effect! Not sure how long it lasts - hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will pop along soon and answer that one.

thanks supertrouper
ill have a look at that thread good luck with your rads

Hi Mseric

I finished Rads on Tuesday 10th and I ahve just realised that today I havent noticed much in the way of pain - that may have something to do with being at work for the first day in six months lol I got a lot of nerve pain following surgery (WLE, 2nd August). The pain had started to improve prior to starting Rads but started to get quite bad again after about a week or so.

As for how my breast now looks - I have a brownish, pinkish, redish tinge depending on area - it is quite red around my scar as I had 5 extra boosts to this area. The pores look bigger across most of my boob, this is difficult to describe, a bit like chicken skin if that makes sense. I also now have some freckles and a couple of areas that look like moles. I am still putting cream on at least twice a day, it was suggested I did this for 2 weeks. I have also now got an area where the skin may be breaking, I’ll keep an eye on it and go to see my GP if necessary. My boob has been quite swollen and is now larger than the other one, minus the dent from surgery so would be quite pleased if it got a little smaller lol

Anything new that happened I just ran it past the radiographer to be on the safe side - maybe mention it when you go tomorrow.

All in all not too bad, a bit on the tired side but that is still manageable too

Anne

hi anne thanks for your reply told them today about the pain said nothing to worry about just radiation.
tell me about being tired though allthough with me its the traveling but no doubt it will creep up after the full rads.
my breast has been lumpy had no pain in breast after surgery at all but did have it underarm but most people seem to suffer with that don,t they must admit no pain today so thats all good
take care