rads reduced

Hi all

as some of you are aware I have become very sore during Rads, onc did warn me of this because of Large boobs, however when I saw him this morning he seemed shocked by the extent of the soreness, under the breast, under the arm and on my neck, he has reduced the treatment and is stopping it after tomorrow’s dose, (I should have it until the end of the week) I am going to carry on with the boosters which will start on Wednesday.

I have mixed feelings about this really on one hand I am pleased it is coming to an end as I am VERY sore, however I am also a little afraid that I have not done everything possible to stop this cancer reoccurring, albeit only 3 more doses.

I know there are no guarrantees in this world but I want to be sure that I have given it my best shot.

Sorry if it all sounds drivel but am a little concerned.

Linda

I’d ask him about it directly Linda.

I know that rads work by destroying certain cells and if you’re that sore maybe it’s already done it’s job, it would make sense that some people’s skin would be tougher than others. You might have had all you can take and that might be all that’s needed. I don’t know so I’d ask him.

Hope it all heals up quickly for you.

Angie

Hi Linda

Confusing isn’t it? i felt a bit odd when my last chemo was cancelled - we work ourselves up to “having to have it as its good for us” and then we can’t have it. What can I say?

Why don’t you ask him what the options are? Can you have it later ? What else can they do to help the boob from being sore? What does it mean if you don’t have it ?

Really sorry you’re going through this and totally understand.

chin up - love FB xxx
PS Is this the last bit of your treatment ?

by the way - should have said - now have got my head around it am fine - it was just a shock at the time - takes a little whiel to get accustomed to the change - does this mean it’s time to celebrate the end of your treatment? love FB xx

Hi FB

Yes more or less, I have to have my ovaries out at some point in the future when I am over chemo and rads, at the moment on monthly zolodex inplants and daily arimadex

how are you doing I keep looking for your posts, but seldom writw anything am not witty enough LOL

Linda
x