rapid growth in fibroedenoma

rapid growth in fibroedenoma

rapid growth in fibroedenoma I discovered a lump on my right breast 6 months ago. I had an ultrasound and a FNA done. Both comfirmed that the mass was most likely fibroedenoma. Back then the lump size was only 17x19mm.

Now, 6 months later, i went for my follow up check-up. This time ultrasound shows that the size has almost double to 36x16mm.
According to the ultrasound report, the mass now demostrates mild vascularity.

Does anyone share or has experience such rapid growth in fibroedenoma? appreciate medical feedback, experience and opinions.

thank you.

Hello there! Hi Iteoh

I thought I’d leave your post to see if anyone with experience of your symptoms answered it, but I didn’t want you feeling ignored so here I am stopping by to say hello. As I always tell new arrivals on this site, this particular section doesn’t get used much so you might want to post again on the Have I got Cancer site though I’ve noticed that isn’t being used much at the moment either. It’s a bit of an awkward situation when you haven’t been diagnosed with BC, don’t want to be diagnosed either, but would like some support for the quandry your symptoms are putting you in. There isn’t really anywhere else to go, though you could try the breast nurse team here who will always help if they can.

I had a fibroadenoma myself many years ago on the site of a breast abscess I’d had while breast-feeding one of my kids. It was because the lump seemed to be getting bigger that I was eventually sent for a lumpectomy (as an emergency patient in the end because the lump looked like it was cancerous by then. It was part hidden beneath lumpy breast tissue). Before the op.I went through several years of hell wondering if I was imagining things when different doctors couldn’t find a lump at all. When they thought it was cancer, it was so big that I even got told off and reduced to tears by one of the doctors for not acting sooner - obviously couldn’t read my notes! In the end it was benign anyway - thank goodness. Therefore, you could say I had unnecessary breast surgery - tho it was a great relief to me at the time to have got rid of it. ( After the op, tho’ the terribly misshapen breast and ugly scar gave me psychological difficulties being young and figure-conscious then - heads you lose, tails you lose.)

So for me, a fibroadenoma can and did grow bigger. But that’s not the point. We are all different. BCC has a leaflet on fibroadenomas I think, so you might want to check that out.

I found it hard to cope with a growing lump ever-present. If you are anxious about yours, go back, or ask to be referred elsewhere and get that peace of mind you need.

Is that any help? Sorry I can’t give you any more info - and do remember my experience is way out of date.

I wish you luck in your search for info and I’ll try and answer any other questions you come up with. In the meantime, do post again if you want to chat or get some support. I was very appreciative of the people who responded to me when I found this site even though they didn’t have exactly my own symptoms. Try Chit-chat and Fun for some light relief and support. Once you post there, everyone becomes your friend.

With loads of love and caring cyberhugs (they are the currency here!) from P. xx

fibroedenomas!! Hey,
Just a quick one to say that i have had experience of rapid growing fibroedenomas. The larges one i had was 3.5 cm long, at which point i was encouraged to have it taken out. Due to my age ( was only 22 when diagnosed) I left it for a while - as was worried about the scarring. After a while I develped more lumps and cysts, and decided to have them delt with!!. For me really I’d run out of options, it was unsafe for me to leave them any longer as it would have been hard to diagnose new lumps and check for cancer.

Have they suggested sugery to you?

If so and you’re worried about it or have any questions there are LOADS of people on this site who will help you as much as possible.

Good luck!!
munchkin xxx