cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really painful 8 months after treatment

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: really painful 8 months after treatment

Thanks for that Lottie. I have been reassured at a check-up this afternoon that it should settle down a bit more in the next few months and I agree, it is great we are still here!
Highlighted

Hi Petal88

I am 2 1/2 years from dx, I have Lymphodema in the breast as well, exactly as yours is swollen red and tender but I also have it in the arm, mine seems to peak & trough somedays the breast looks much better than others and somedays I have hardly any pain others it can be quite bad, I have had MLD and it did lessen it a little but its something that needs to be continued asnd its very costly ! My lymphodema team are brilliant if it flares up I can always pop up and see them and they give me lots of help with foam inserts for bra etc, Im afraid its sad to say its something we have to try and live with and hope it dosent get too bad when Im feeling down about it I tell myself off and remind myself im still here to moan about it .... I hope you get the help/support you need with it, good luck 

xx

Highlighted

Hi, newbie to this forum but I've been posting on December Angels and HER2+ boards. I was also DX this time last year and have had chemo, wide excision on right side and 15 nodes removed, followed by rads. I have had a very sore, swollen, hot breast ever since and have been told it is lymphoedema but in the breast not arm. Scar tissue is blocking drainage and I have been shown how to do MLD - manual lymphatic drainage massage. This has to be done every day which is a bit of a pain and I'm not really sure it is helping but I've only been doing it for a few weeks. I go to the local lymphoedema clinic for checkups. I have found it quite hard to come to terms with the thought that the cancer was zapped but the long term effects from treatment are also life changing and I was beginning to think I was battling all on my own. Anyone else in the same position?
Highlighted

reassurance from other people who have been through the same helps so much time to stop worrying Heart

thank you so muchSmiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi...totally concur with Lottie63.....I am over 2 years from end of treatment (WLE, SNLB, FEC-T and 23RT) and my treated breast looks very weird still 😞 The scar is lumpy from time to time; the tissue damage from RT boosters is lumpy and a bit tender, and where the RT was targeted feels very 'thick'. I got shooting pains for the first year or so, which is apparently from the nerve endings. At first mammo following end of treatment, the radiographer showed me the images and how different the treated breast looked.....it was really an eye opener! Just had 2nd follow up with surgeon this week and all is fine....he said it could take up to 3 years and maybe even longer for effects of treatment to wear off!!!

Hope this offers some reassurance.....I too would phone breast services if you are at all worried.

Take care xx

Highlighted

Hi

Im 2 1/2 years drom dx and I still have pains, my poorly boob is quite hard from scar tissue and often quite tender lots of ladies seem to suffer with pain for years after, if you are really worried may be best to phone your bcn if just to put your mind at rest

x

Highlighted

really painful 8 months after treatment

Hi all

not been on here for sometime can anyone help, i was DX November 13 invasive lobular had WLE and15 rads completed in March/April. i stopped meds in May personal choice. apart from now having a much smaller boob than the other also different colours all of which i can manage its the feel that it is full of cement so hard in places and bloody painful i  havent been to doctors as i dont want to appear paranoid and i have my check up in December eek fingers crossed. can anyone tell me if this is normal

:smileyindifferent many thanks for reading xWoman Happy