I got my results on wednesday, my cancer is ductal invasive 1 lump grade 2 and 1 lump grade 3 they are hormone receptor positive and HER-2 positive, I also had 2 lymph nodes taken the closest tested positive the next negative I have an 18% risk of other nodes being affected so I needed to choose wether I had a whole lymph node clearance or go for treatment I have chosen treatment but now need to wait 6-8 weeks for an oncologist appointment which is when treatment etc will be discussed I have been left pretty confused and feel none the wiser x
Hi My mastectomy was the same week as yours and I too am waiting for my histology report, was phoned on Friday to say they were not available for this weeks MDT so I will have to wait another week. There is not much I can say to help other than we must be patient and take each day as it comes. I think the waiting is the worst part as I need to know whats happening in order to feel in control. Take care and hope we dont both have too long a wait to find out what the next stage is. I know I will have to have tamoxifen but other than that I am in the dark.
Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along soon to help.
If there is anything you need to know, just ask there's always someone to help, plus our helpline team are just a free phone call away 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.
Hi I'm new to all of this so please bare with me!
I am 39 with 3 young daughters who are 9,7 & almost 4
I knew there was something odd for a wee while however in July I decided I should go and see my Dr to cut a long story short the 2nd Dr I seen 2 weeks later fortunately referred me, 2 weeks later I had a mammogram, ultra sound and 2 biopsies taken we went on holiday for 1 week and returned for results when we returned home to be told I had breast cancer and needed a mastectomy. I had my op on the 25th September and also 2 lymph nodes taken for testing (they said my scan etc had shown no signs of cancer but they would take the closest ones to test), I am now waiting for my histology results and to be honest I don't know what to think even though I had biopsies etc I never expected this outcome I am scared to think of the future