Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reconstruction

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: reconstruction

Thanks for your advice I have the booklet and will be seeing my surgeon in June and will see what he can offer me.
Guest user
Not applicable

Daunting, isn't it? I would ask to be referred to a plastic surgeon and see what s/he says. I was given booklets describing all the types of surgery available and then found I was only offered one type of reconstruction. Two surgeons later, my choice has increased to two. Once you have been advised about what is available to you, and what the surgeon would be able to recommend, your decision should be somewhat easier.

When you feel you have narrowed things down a bit, ask BCC to put you in touch with some of its volunteers who have actually had the surgery, speak to your BCN and see if there is a patient available locally. Then, you may find you are in a position to make up your mind.

Good luck,

Margaret
June_BCC

Hi Elle123

This must be a difficult time for you. I have attached a link to our publication on Breast Reconstruction

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/breast-reconstruction-bcc7

You may also like to give our helpline a call and have a confidential chat with one of the breast care nurses who are there to support you, the freephone number is 0808 800 6000 lines are open to Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 – 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

reconstruction

I am thinking of having reconstruction surgery and am not sure what to go for any advice.