Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recurrance of cancer

5 REPLIES 5
GraceB

Re: recurrance of cancer

Hi Laura

That is awful.  I can identify with the ^oh don't worry, it's low risk^ blah, blah, blah....I don't even listen now, take each day as it comes and try to make the most of it.

I don't need chemo which it's a huge relief, but also a bit concerning.  I am now on zoladex, it's an injection every month and I will see consultant in three months.  It's been a very worrying time, still is but I do yoga which is helping.  I never did tell many people which I'm glad about.

34 weeks pregnant is good, my son was born at 26 weeks for different reasons, not cancer, and is healthy so there is hope but I understand the terror you will be feeling.

All my love grace x

charadek9

I do Not know exactly how you feel! I can only comment that knowing you are getting depressed I hope you also know that this is the worse mental state for your wellbeing. I'm carved up and I have kept hysterics at bay, telling myself "it is what it is, deal with it". If it helps, buy cheap crockery and start smashing it up......anything to ease your tightly wound up senses. Only do not have a screaming session in the garden......the neighbours might send for the men in white coats:-) All the best...another survivor O oo
LauraA77

Grace B how are you getting on? I was diagnosed in 2013 with DCIS and told caught v early, good prognosis etc etc had mastectomy as it was extensive...anyway fast forward to today just been told I have grade 3 invasive in the same Breast (well reconstructed breast).3% chance of that happening. I have to wait til Friday to get more info on it. I'm also 34 weeks pregnant and scared **bleep**less. All I find on Internet looks bleak....
GraceB

Hi Betty

Thanks for your reply.  At least I'm not alone.  I had my mx yesterday and I now have to wait for the results as a node clearance was also done.  I dread them saying I have to have chemo again but I will just have to get on with it.  I'm 44 and I struggle with why me? But cancer is so unpredictable.  Mine shouldn't have come back but it did, just like in your case.

Telling people you have cancer is the pits and unless I have to have chemo I will keep it quiet.  People want to help but end up saying such rubbish to you such as be positive.  Eh, no, I don't feel positive and why would I.   I feel depressed as it's the second time.

Best wishes x X 

Betty80

Hi, I know exactly how you feel. I had my 2nd year routine mammogram and ultrasound and cancer was found in an axillary node (which was originally node negative). After CT and Bone scan which came back clear, I had an axillary clearance 2 weeks ago and was told 3 nodes out of 20 tested positive. I've been told I need chemo again in January. I'm worried about what this will do to me second time round. And I don't want to have to explain to everyone all over again. I'm now 35 xx
GraceB

recurrance of cancer

Hi

I have been diagnosised with cancer again in the same place.  I last had cancer 2012 sept and following a mammogram in Oct another lump was found.  I've had a ct scan which is clear and after the initial joy of that, I now feel very low.   I'm having a single mx on Monday and what with xmas and two young children  I'm now stating to feel overwhelmed. 

It doesn't help that I feel in limbo as I've been through it before, but it's not spread.  Everything I look up re having cancer again talks about secondary cancer.  I also feel embarrassed that I have the cancer again because I was just getting my life back together,  looking at getting a new job in the new year and this happens.  I don't want to go through all that again telling people so that the only topic of conversation is cancer related, I don't know what to do, just take it one day at a time again.