red rash on my arm after WLE surgery

hi all. i had my WLE on tuesday and the last couple of days i have got a red rash on my arm ,they only took a lympth node biopsy andn o lympth nodes. im wondering if anyone else had this it is warm to touch it isnt painful .just a bit concerned that i have this after having surgery x

Hi angel77

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply you might find it helpful to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your concerns with someone who will offer you support and practical information.  Lines are open today from 10am until 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

is the rash itchy ? Could be irritation; is it round where the dressing is? Are you sure they haven’t removed whole lymph node as they usually take the whole sentinel node out, not just a biopsy so they can look at all of it ? If the redness isn’t sore i think it’s less likely to be an infection but perhaps you should get it checked though these things always happen at a weekend dont they !. I can just see lots of black / yellow bruising starting to appear around the dressing on the breast area, quite glad the dressing stays for 2 weeks as don’t want to see what’s going on under there at the moment !

xx