redness

hi not been on here for a while. was diagnosed 2011 with stage 2 in left breast, had all the treatment and all going well till 2 weeks ago. my right breast suddenly within 24 hours became very red and warm. went to gp who gave me antibiotics and referred me to breast clinic due to my history. redness now gone apart from what i can only describe like a bruise/ discolouration right next to the nipple and it fills lumpy. also the skin around nipple seems more raised then it normally is and just not feel right. also found  very small lump under right arm. has anyone else had symptoms of redness? ., am post menopausal as had ovaries and tubes removed last year now aged 47. got my appt with breast clinic this week but i suppose in light of my history my mind is wandering some what. any comments would be gratefully received. thanks ladies.   

redness can be a sign of inflammatory breast cancer, but if it was I don’t think it would have gone away like you describe. Hopefully its nothing, but given your history they are being careful which is absolutely the right thing to happen. It clearly doenst feel right to you, so best to get it checked.