Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

results :(

26 REPLIES 26
ladybowler
Community Champion

Re: results :(

Peggy

Good luck today, let us know how you are doing whenever you can.

Sending you loads of love and hugs

Helena xxxxx

Jencat

Re: results in

Good luck for today Peggy, hope it all goes well and thinking of you xxx

Xena75

Yes good luck for today peggy

SueW

Good luck for today Peggy (hope I got date right lol losing track a little bit with all the lovely ladies having different dates) xx
Jencat

Thanks Peggy, I will try and remember your advice next week Smiley Happy

I had a lovely birthday thank you. I made my daughter go out in the rain for tea and cakes as I was determined I was going to get out today! Some lovely friends came to visit this evening. The downside was that my elder daughter couldn't get home as she came back for my op last Thursday and my dad couldn't drive down because it was raining so hard. He's going visit tomorrow instead. (He's 89)

That's an intresting hobby you've got Peggy xx 

charboyles

Happy Birthday Marianne, hope you enjoy your day as much as you can, eat lots of cake with cream. I'm sure the break will do you good and buy yourself  a funny hat, with a quirk message on and lots of rock and sing all the songs that you know about the seaside.. I have been walking everyday since the second of  my op, around the supermarkets, even took myself off to see work mates, boredom set in for me quite quickly. My results were a day after my birthday, in away I was glad, but relieved to hear the outcome, at least you know which next stage you are on When you go for your results, my advice to you 'IS HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH' or 'TELL THE WORLD I'M A TOUGH LITTLE COOKIE'. All I want to do is get back to work, even if it is only for a little while. My genetics appointment came thorough yesterday, it is usual a 18 wks wait, but mine is only 9 wks. A lot of my family members have died from cancer, not sure whether I will be tested for the fault gene, I believe you have to earn points (sounds like Tesco's), it's a good job, I do family history as a hobby, so have pulled out lots of certificates that clarifiys my info that I have given them already.

Love Peggyxxx

Jencat

Morning Peggy,

Glad you seem to have op details sorted. Going to stay with your daughter sounds lovely and something nice to look forward to. I'm going away for a few days on Friday-a caravan by the sea, thought a bit of sea air might do me good!

It's my birthday today (not how I imagined I'd be spending it this time last year!) so I'm going to take it easy this morning so I've got a bit of energy for a little trip out this afternoon. I'm determined I'm going to do something nice! (my only outing so far has been a walk to the postbox!) My daughter's going to take me to our local garden centre, where there's a shop and tearoom.

Yes, still cracking the whip over housework! Smiley Happy My daughter said I'm getting good at it!

I think my results are next Tuesday morning. I don't know officially yet, I got a text reminder yesterday. I expect the official letter will arrive today amongst my birthday cards! Smiley Sad Tbh, I wish they were the following week, I'd rather be in my little bubble of not knowing for a bit longer, plus it means we've got to come back from the caravan earlier than planned.

Love Marianne xxx

charboyles

Thank you. Spoke to my breast nurse on Tues morning, told her I had still not had any paper work come thorough. so wasn't sure what time I had to fast from. Also was getting a bit worried whether they were going to do a local instead of a general. But she a sure me def, I was having a general, plus no wires etc this time. Panic over! Suppose blood pressure will go sky high once again, when I step in that lovely (polite words) hospital again. Think of me when I need to get off the trolley for a wee, I really can't cross my legs or drink more water. Shouldn't moan all the staff have been fantastic, but somebody has to be ill for them to enjoy they job. Hoping to go up to my daug's in Stafford from Sunday, it will make a change of scencery, bordom has set in. Not sure whether I will get back to work on the 6th September!

How are you doing, hope you are improving each day, also when is your result day? Still cracking the whip over the housework, I'm sure the cobwebs will look after themselves.

Love Peggy xxx

Jencat

Hi Peggy,

Just to say I hope your op goes well on Thursday and I'm thinking of you xx

charboyles

Thank you SueW, much appreciated. More flowers been delivered from my Headmaster yesterday afternoon, which was even more of a shock, could get used to all of this attention, though that isn't really my nature, since this horrible little bug (polite words) has decided to live with me . If you don't me asking you, where are you in this little adventure (results, surgery etc)

Love Peggyxxx

SueW

Hi u2 sorry to hear your news but you totally got this xx big hugs x
Jencat

Thank you Peggy, I will do xx

charboyles

Hi Jencat

Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on when you feel up to it.

Love Peggy

Jencat

Hi Peggy, glad to hear that you've had such good results, but sorry that you've got to have another op. Good that chemo isn't needed

I've got my op tomorrow-got to be there at 7am and got to stay in for the night! Not sure why, I'm having WLE&SNB. Not looking forward to having to sleep on my back, but as you say, the upside is being waited on Smiley Happy xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Peggy

That is an amazing co-incidence. 

Funnily enough seeing the dates of your mum's op it just came to mind that my mum's mum passed away around 1936 and it is believed that it was as a result of breast cancer.

Well its onwards and upwards for you my dear, sending you hugs xxx

charboyles

Hi Helena

Thanks for your kind words again, it is really much appreciated. I took my brother with me for support and also went armed with a photo of my Mum's surgeon SIr Geoffrey Keynes who done her op in 1933/34 (surgeon suggested on the 23rd June 2017 that my Mum didn't have breast cancer) which annoyed me more than upset me. Showed him the info I have got and he was quite surprised, as it seems he was trained by the grandson Professor Roger Keynes. What a small world we live in.

Peggy

ladybowler
Community Champion

Charboyles

Oh that is great news and very doable,  you will get used to the laying bit and I am sure the housework will get done somehow!!

Helena xxx

charboyles

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread. Just had my results this afternoon. No chemo needed, cancer cells not spread to lymph nodes, but need another op next Thursday (surgeon already booked me, because he goes away on holiday the next day) to clean up margins, followed by radiotherapy with medication. I am pleased with the outcome, was expecting a lot worst. The down side of the op is laying on my back and wearing a bra for 3 wks, the upside housework done for me again.

Anniej
Community Champion

Sorry to hear your news, U2girly, but aren't you pleased your little sentinel soldier did its job and caught that damned cancer? Step one, the cancer is gone, which is great . Step two, get rid of the other little blip, then you can do step three, which is belts and braces mop up. Sending you a big hug to help you on your way. X

KarenMc20

Sorry to hear your news. Sending hugs. Stay strong and take each step at a time x
Mishy18

Sorry to hear that u2girlie it's just awful getting that kind of outcome following surgery mine on Wed was worse than original with Lymph node too x having to do full rounds of chemo had 5 removed.. Keep your chin up xx your a strong girl you already proved that xx
Debbie61

Hi u2girlie. I'm a year on now. In May 2016 I had a left mx. The onc and surgeon weren't expecting to find anything in my nodes but I had a tiny bit of cancer on my sentinel node. So a couple of weeks after mx I went back for node clearance. Nine nodes were taken and they were all clear. I haven't had to have chemo or rads and just take anastrazole now for prob next 10 years. Life is back to more or less normal which I wouldn't have thought possible this time last year. Debbie x

Mumoftwo

@u2girlie wrote:

Just had results following MX and SNB. I have lymph node involvement, so back in on 14 June for removal. Not the news I was expecting!! It was all going so well....... 😞

Hi u2girlie, sorry to hear your results weren't quite as you hoped, But remember that your nodes are there to catch things like cancer cells on the move, so they have done their job so far which is good and hopefully stopped anything moving further.  Take care. Michelle

ann-m
Community Champion

Hi U2,

Sorry it was not what you're hoping for, but there's no reason why it should not go well going forward.

ann x

u2girlie

Thank you! Oh well, I'm not the only one in this boat! this group has been fantastic for me so far, and I'm sure I will be hanging around in here for sometime yet x

ladybowler
Community Champion

u2girlie

Oh mate I am so sorry that it has not turned out as you were hoping xxx

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

u2girlie

results :(

Just had results following MX and SNB. I have lymph node involvement, so back in on 14 June for removal. Not the news I was expecting!! It was all going so well....... 😞