Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scar tissue after mx

1 REPLY 1
Lizzy_BCC

Re: scar tissue after mx

Hi lolly73, 

I have moved your post to our surgery board to give users more of a chance to see your post and respond.

I am sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time and if you would like to talk you can call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the tender area and offer a friendly ear. Our helpline opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

lolly73

scar tissue after mx

I had bc in 2008 age 34 and had wle, snd, rads, tamoxifen, zoladex, oopherectomy, exemestane.

6 years later in 2014 it returned in same breast. Had mx and on letrozole , plus alendronic acid as osteopenia from hormone treatment too.

mx scar took 5 months to close and had 2 infections. I was told this was due to 3 surgeries same area plus rads damage from 2008. 

Almost 2 years on whole area still tender and so tight across side and chest. I was told from scar tissue and rads damage. But now surgeon wants to do a ct scan  to check area. Anyone know what he is looking for and if this sounds normal?!

Also talking about expander to help with tightness. Anyone got experience of this?

many thanks in advance x