scar tissue or.............

I just had my first year mammo/exam and the doctor felt what he thought was scar tissue underneath my mastectomy scar. He said he wanted to be more sure of it so I am to have an ultrasound to see exactly what it is.

Has anyone been through this and how common is scar tissue?? the doc put my fingers in place but I couldnt feel what I dont know.

any info would be helpful thanks.

Daisy

Hi Daisy, had exactly the same almost a year to the day from initial diagnosis - they did a mammo and u/sound and it was scar tissue - hope its the same great results for you xx

ive just had a lump checked out a year after diagnosis. It was noticeable and the dr’s checked it out and it was just lumpy breast tissue probably caused from surgery and radio.

good luck

X

thanks girls for your response - feel better and will just take what comes.

Lets keep going and think of our achievement - well done all.
Dx

me too daisy_do - had scan yesterday and lump is scar tissue from rads. I guess living with this stuff happening goes with the territory for us now, but its scary…
I hope yours turns out to be the same - will you let us know?
will be thinking of you
love, monica xxx

thanks Monica, my appointment is 06/08 and will let you know.

Delphinexxx

I had an ultrasound about a month ago as I found a pea sized lump by my lumpectomy scar, but it was found to be scar tissue. I thought it was unlikely to be another tumour as I’m still on chemo, but it was a worry anyway. Maybe this scenario is quite common then?

Good news - sort of - it was scar tissue but I have developed a nasty pain underneath my scar and it comes and goes. I will work with it and see what happens. I am just pleased it is scar tissue and nothing else.

Thanks all for your kind support.
Wishing everyone well
Delphine x

Just had my first annual mammo yesterday and was surprised I was offered a ultra sound too. Apparently that seems to be routine in that breast clinic. I dont know why they dont just do an ultra sound instead of the dreaded mammo. Nice that they are thorough though.
Anyway, during the ultra sound the scanner seem to be concetrating on the WLE scar area. I asked if all was ok and she said just checking for scar tissue.
Now the nervous wait for results :confused:

I didn’t want to post until you had your result, but I found a small lump next to the scar tissue after my 3rd FEC. It was a new primary, or possibly grown from stray cells from the lumpectomy.

So ladies do get any lumps checked!

In a way I was lucky I found it when I did, it showed the FEC had no effect on my cancer. I went on to have 4 more tax which shrunk the lump to nothing before a mx

gocat - You were fortunate to be offered an ultra-sound scan as well. Just had my mammogram and that’s it. Would have loved the extra reassurance. Good luck with your result.

Ann x