scared I have cancer

I am 23, with no family history of breast cancer and am so worried about my urgent scan tomorrow. I had a horrible burning rash on my left nipple about 4 months ago and put it down to irritation from a bra so ignored it. Then about 3 weeks ago I noticed that my nipple had completely changed shape and the burning rash was back. Having a mum as a GP and being breast aware i thought I should get it checked expecting my GP to tell me that it was a skin rash and nothing to worry about - she didnt. She told me that although I was a low risk factor for breast cancer I should get an early referral. Since that day ive been having ups and downs with my emotions and struggling to get on with work and treat my patients. I’ve also found a solid lump in my breast which has been aching slightly, but the burning tingling sensation in my nipple is constant. The lump is hard, not tender to touch. It feels like this appointment has taken forever to come. I wondered if anyone else had experienced this change in nipple shape and burning at all and been diagnosed with breast cancer? One minute I’m fine and I tell myself its nothing to worry about, and the next I feel like bursting into tears! I know the treatment for cancer and I know the side effects of chemo having worked for the Teenage Cancer Trust ward as a physio student. I tell myself I can cope with whatever is diagnosed but a part of me wishes I had never gone to my GP so that I wouldnt be feeling like this.

has anyone had any of the same symptoms as me?

HI Physio
I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this worry and I completely understand how you’re feeling and where you’re coming from in terms of wishing you’d never gone to the doctor because you wouldn’t been feeling the way you are now but it’s such a good thing that you did go and get it checked out because if it’s nothing serious then you’ll be so relieved and if it did end up being more serious, then it can be treated and the sooner the better. Having gone through it all myself I so sympathise with you and would like to wish you all the best for your scan tomorrow. Please do let me know how you get on.
Hugs
Ruby xxx