scared is it mastitas or ibc?

3 days ago i noticed on my right breast was a egg sized red lumpy area which is hard and tender to touch. on first appearance i thought it was a rash because it also felt very itchy. my breast feels heavy and it hurts to touch my armpit. Because it was the weekend i couldnt go straight to the doctors so i started doing an internet search into my symptoms and came up with IBC. Ive never heard of it before, i was just always tought that breast cancer didnt hurt and were lumps in the breast. I went to the doctors this morning and he seems to think i have mastitis. so hes prescribed me some anti biotics to take for ten days, i have suffered from mastitus before when i was breastfeeding my youngest and it didnt feel nothing like this. Firstly i had flu like symptoms and apart from the pain in my breast and armpit im not currently feeling pain anywhere else. I just wondered peoples opinions and if you think it sounds like IBC. im just scred because its a rare cancer i wont be taken seriously, im so scared as im only 31 and i have 3 children 2 of which are very young.

Hi Carrie-Louise and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along soon with support and please fel free to call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 to talk your concerns over, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care

Lucy

Hello Carrie- Loise,
How distressing. I do not know much about IBC or if your symptoms are indicitive of this, but if the antibiotics don’t clear it up you must go back to your G. P. Don’t google - you will terrify yourself.

Take care and good luck.
Deborah