cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scared of the doctors

3 REPLIES 3
Momo26

Re: scared of the doctors

Libby I hope you have found some local screening. If you are worried about speaking to your GP (& you needn't be, it's all in a days work to them) there should be a breast screening clinic near you. Or you could ask for an appointment with the nurse at your local GP as a starting point. Never ignore symptoms in the hope they will just go away.
libby2069

Thank you, I would preferably not visit my GP as ik he's a professional ect ect however i would feel awkward about getting him to check it. I might just be being silly. But thank you I will think about talking to Mum in teh near future xx

Jobey68

H Libby, I'm sorry you are feeling worried about things, at 16 you can visit your doctor without your mum but I would urge you to talk to her as she will hopefully be able to put your mind at rest and support you, you shouldn't worry about worrying her love it's what us mums are for! Xx 

libby2069

scared of the doctors

I'm scared of the doctors and have some symptoms which I would like to get checked out however I am not telling my mum atm as I know she'll overreact and hopefully I am just being a hypochondriac so there is no need to unnecessarily worry her.

Does anyone know of any pop-up clinics or breast cancer surgeries which would see a 16 yo without her mum (I would have my friend(17) with me). Preferably somewhere relatively near to Richmond or Kingston so I wouldn't have to make a day trip of it

Thanks, Libby x