scared, ringing for results today

I think I have been through every emotion, since I got the letter asking me to have more tests after routine screening in December. It was really unexpected. On the 13th, I went from not being very worried to having second mammogram, followed by ultrasound, followed, by biopsy of the suspicious area, and a further two samples taken from two lumps found on ultrasound. The doctor told me she wasn’t worried. That it would all probably be just fine. But then she spoke about grey areas, and having the lump removed anyway. So I’m confused. I have been trying to be positive and focus on a good outcome. So far this has worked. But today I have a feeling of complete dread. I suppose that’s why I’m posting this now. Hopefully, I will be able to return here and say, it was nothing afterall.

Hi Lorose,

Hoping you get good news today.I am waiting for results myself, and know what a rollercoaster of emotions you are going through.   If you do need further support, you have come to the right place.  I am sure you will have seen from other posts that this forum is a wonderfully supportive place, with lots of lovely people offering reassurance and kind words.  It has certainly helped get me through ‘the waiting room’.

Sending love and fingers crossed

Hadders x

Hi Lorose and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call to talk your concerns over

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Hadders,

Thanks for your email. It has really helped me to read the posts on here. People are so warm and supportive. Sorry to hear that you also are going through this crazy time too. I’ll keep my fingers and everything crossed for you too. I will definitely let you know how I get on, feel free to let me know how you get on too .

Best Wishes

Lorose

Thank you Lucy. I did speak to someone on the helpline this morning. I found it really helpful to talk about exactly how I’m feeling. I also got some useful information too. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing.

Thank you
Lorna

Well after getting result yesterday, still not settled. Two of the breast lumps look ok, but the third one they’re not sure about. Last time I had a needle aspiration of that one. Now I have to go back for a biopsy on February 3rd. So the waiting continues and all I can do right now is put it out of my mind for now. Otherwise, panic sets in.
Lorose.