Did you mean: 

scottishlass

27 REPLIES 27
BPW2b

Re: scottishlass

RIP ScottishLass. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family xxxx

Lavenderlassie

Another one with reason for gratitude for Val's kind postings at various stages along the way. My deep sympathy to her family.

Midge

So very sorry to hear about Val. She loved by many. So universally liked, we spent many hours in chit chat when I was dx. Rest in peace. Dxx

fimbo123

I was very sad to read of Val's death. I did not know her, and have not even "spoken" with her online myself, but I have read many of her posts. Her compassion and desire to ease the worry and suffering of others shone through in what she wrote. In the dark weeks and months following diagnosis, I collected some of the most inspiring posts from this site together onto one sheet of paper, one of them being a post of Val's. I still carry that sheet of paper with me all the time. I just wanted to let her family know that she helped me enormously, even though she didn't know me at all, and I'm sure there are many more women like me. May your soul rest in peace Val x.

dotchas

Remembering a very special lady, always helping others. A true inspiration to anyone with Breast Cancer. Sadly missed by her Edinburgh BC buddies. RIP Val xxx

myfanwy18

I'm so very sorry to read about Val.  I send my condolences to her lovely family and I'm sure they know what a extraordinarily inspiration person she was to so many people with breast cancer, me included.  Claire

Steris

To our very own Val, a lady who will be truly missed by everyone. One very special
Lady who helped so many on this awful journey with love, support, compassion, humour and empathy.
We'll be lighting a candle for Val tonight on our live chat. You really were a beacon of hope and a bright shining star. Fly free and high, thinking of all you butterfly girls.
My sincere condolences to Val's lovely husband, her two daughters, dad and her family and friends.
Much love
Chris xxxx

Tolliebelle

Such  sad news RIP Val. Another taken too soon. Sincerest condolences to all her friends and family how lucky  you were to know such a fabulous lady  xxx

Quail

I'm another who felt Val's care and kindness through this website. Newly diagnosed three years ago, she gave me hope that there might be tomorrows. Now, I realise that her greatest gift was not that she was able to hang in there for so many years, but that she showed me the importance of living each day as it comes as fully as possible. I hope her family and friends know how important she has been to so very many women on this site and beyond, and how much she will be missed.

peacock

I've been asked to pass on the following details by Val's family, for those who don't know her on FB:

..........."The funeral details are as follows:

12pm Friday the 2nd of May,
Warriston Crematorium,
Edinburgh,
EH7 4HW

Afterwards we will be meeting at 1pm at,
Ellersly House Hotel,
4 Ellersly Road,
Edinburgh,
EH12 6HZ

Everyone is welcome xxx................"

Trisha_51

So sad to hear this news. Val was an inspiration to us all. She was one of the stalwarts of this site and helped so many of us in our early, terrified days, giving us the hope and strength to continue on our journey. RIP Val, you will be greatly missed, my condolences to your family and friends.
Ramsfan55

Val's passing is truly like losing our Mum. She held so many people's hands, including mine, through this site, giving us inspiration and hope. She always gave encouragement with love and friendship. Her family should be very proud of her. Rest in peace Val, you will be missed very much xxx

Mema23

When I was first diagnosed I read the bone mets thread from start to finish. The support Val gave everyone was amazing and I took great comfort from her words. Love to her family, rest in peace Val xx
RoadRunner

I am so sad about this.  RIP Val

Smartie

Such sad news, Val was such a great help to so many of us here, RIP.
Smartie x

lottie63

This is so sad, Val will be missed immensly such a wonderful caring lady although most of us were never fortunate enough to meet this amazing lady her care shone through her posts, rest in peace Val you will be sorely missed

xxx

vercors

This site will never be the same without you Val; you gave us hope, you helped us make sense of this awful disease, you made us laugh with your gormeless shopping. I am sorry I never get to meet you in the flesh. Those cyber discussions will always stay with me. 

You are free of pain, rest in peace lovely ladies. 

xxx

Tournesol

So sorry to hear that Val has passed away. She gave me a lot of hope when I was diagnosed with secondaries and supported so many of us over the years.Thinking of her family and friends.

RIP Val.

Tournesol x

spookymoo

So very sad to hear this news. Val was an inspiration to so many people. A brave, witty, kind, courageous and thoughtful lady who freely gave her knowledge and advice, she will be sorely missed by all who knew her. Sincere condolences to her family and friends who I know must be devestated to lose such a wonderful person. Val, you truly were the best of us. Rest in Peace. You will never be forgotten. Emma x

RevCat

ScottishLass was a friend to everyone on this site - to newly diagnosed and petrified primary ladies and to those travelling with secondaries.  Always gentle, encouraging and caring, she was, and is, a true inspiration.

Rest peacefully Val, your journey is now complete.

Condolences to your family and friends

Jo_BCC

On behalf of all at BCC please pass on our sincere condolences to Val, Scottishlass' family and friends.

Kind regards

Jo, Moderator

2catlady

A wonderful lady who always had time for others. Val will be greatly missed.R.I.P Val .love to Val's,family,Helen xxxxxxx
Macie40

A wonderful and inspiring lady who gave much hope to other SBC sufferers my condolences to her family.
Val will be sadly missed R.I.P. our Scottish Lass.
Love Macie.x.x.x.

belinda

Val was such a caring lady, always ready to offer support to all.
My Sincere Condolences to all her family and friends.
Rest in Peace Val, Much Love, Belinda. X
Lily200

Remembering our lovely scottishlass who posted with us on the darling buddies post for many years. Another fallen buddy, never forgotten. Always remembered for her grace, wit, steely determination to battle on and such strong family values and love  for the family she was devoted to. Not forgetting her culinary skills and ability to make us all break our diets with her great knowledge and descriptions of lovely foods.

Our new Northern star shining out and still looking over everyone.

We will miss you so much Val.

Love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cornishgirl

I am so very sorry to hear this terribly sad news, Val will be very sadly missed on these forums by so many of us , a very kind ,and a very lovely lady who always helped and supported everyone here , she was such a true inspiration to many , and i will miss her greatly, God Bless you Val ,  

Please send my heartfelt  condolences to Vals family and friends at this very sad time.

Linda xxx

debh

RIP Val condolences to family

peacock

scottishlass

It is with great sadness that I post with news that Val passed away peacefully on Friday.  Her family have given me permission to post this news.

I'm sure that like me we all thought Val was a true inspiration, as well as being a kind and thoughtful lady, she always had time for others, even when she was quite poorly herself.

She adored scouting in charity shops looking for a bargain, and almost always found some.  She was so proud of her daughters and husband, who looked after her so well, my heart goes out to them at this time.

I'm sure you will all remember her baking days and telling us all about them, making our mouths water at the thought of some of Val's scones or some othezr delicious treat she had baked.

I had the pleasure of meeting Val one day when she was holidaying in France, it was like meeting an old friend even though we had just met.   We shared a few stories along with a glass of wine (or two) she was so lovely to talk to.

Val, you will be sorely missed by all who had the privilege of knowing you or as a valuable cyber friend.

RIP scottishlass