Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secondary breast cancer event in portsmouth

5 REPLIES 5
ForumMember

Re: secondary breast cancer event in portsmouth

Hi Jodie

The following link will take you to the web page containing information about further secondary support days which you may wish to register for:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=9896

You may also be interested in secondary live chat, this is Breast Cancer Care's online chat facility where you can talk to others in real time, it's from 8.30 pm - 9.30 pm on Tuesdays. It is facilitated by an expert moderator and a nurse who are on hand to point you to sources of help and information, for most people, the chance to talk to others in a similar situation is what counts, again, for more information follow the link below:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=6218

The following link will take you to Breast Cancer Care's publications about secondary breast cancer which you may find useful to read, there is also a DVD called 'Living with secondary breast cancer' which has been recently introduced, you can order these via this link or by contacting our helpline on 0808 800 6000:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=5258

I hope this information is helpful to you Jodie, please don't hesitate to contact us either via the website or the helpline for more support and information.

Best wishes
Lucy

mel69121

Hi
Have just got back from a weeks holiday so have only just read this. yes nicky I agree it was very usefull and good to see others in the same situation.every one did look well and it was hard to believe what we were all going though. Had a call yesterday about the second day on the 5th. hope every one will be there

mel

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Jodie

Yes, this went ahead on 23rd Sept. It was a very useful day, not least because we all got to meet up and talk about ourselves! Meaning that we all understood where we're at and what's going on. As I've said on here in other threads you honestly wouldn't have known we all had secondaries, we all were looking well and other than if we were having chemo at the time you'd never have guessed we even had BC!
It is a very scary time being dx with secondaries, I was dx in April this year with bone mets, but this forum is an absolute god send. I've found out so much information and had so much support it really has helped me. It has also given me hope and inspiration as the 'stories' on here are far from the scary things I thought they'd be.
Where are your secondaries? and how are you coping? It's well worth starting another thread on here if you need specific questions answered but also worth going through other posts that relate to your spread and treatment plan (use the search facility at the top). Because this is open to so many secondary ladies you do get so much info back which really relates to getting all their oncs opinions back - very useful! By the way it's often quieter on here at the weekends so the best time to start something new is Monday morning otherwise it can rapidly disappear off the front page of the forums!
Feel free to post or ask me any more questions and I hope you're getting the support and advise you need at such a terrible time.
Take care

Nicky x

Jo_BCC

I have posted this for new user Jodie
Jo, Facilitator

Hi Mel and Nicky,

Was this event on 23rd sept? If so, would've loved to have gone. Have recently been diagnosed with secondary b/c.

Jodie.xxxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Mel

Yes, I've booked on as well. Not been to any events before either so a whole new world! Hope to see you there.

Nicky

mel69121

secondary breast cancer event in portsmouth

Hi
Have booked myself for the days event in Portsmouth on the 23rd is anyone else going.As I have never been to one before

Mel