Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secondary breast cancer

3 REPLIES 3
nicky08
Community Champion

Re: secondary breast cancer

Hi Baby
As AnnB has said a local recurrence is treated differently to secondary BC so hopefully it is 'just' a local recurrence. Although you will need treatment of some sort I hope it will work really well and you will not have any future problems. I don't know if you are getting any other tests or scans done before they begin treatment but they may do just to check.
Good Luck
Nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Baby, sorry you are having to deal with all this again and its frigtening to think that such a vital piece of information wasnt sent to you.

Is the new tumour in or near the same breast as was treated last time, if so this would be treated as a local recurrence and although not nice to have deal with again will be dealt with differently than if it is a secondary in a different area.

I had a local recurrence 3 years after my mx and as I hadnt had chemo the first time they gave it me the second time and I remained very well for a further 6 years until I got secondaries, I was on no form of medication for the previous year as I had reached my 5 year point on arimadex so was taken off that.

My breast care nurse told me some women have local recurrences as often as yearly following their first diagnosis and the bc goes no further than the local area ever.]

Best of luck with your future treatment, once you get on it Im sure you will handle things and see life getting back to whatever normal is

best of luck

Ann B xx

Steris

Hi Baby,

Firstly I'm so sorry to hear the cancer has returned and feel disgusted by the way you've been treated.
Please don't feel you have lost the battle as you will feel better when you have a treatment plan. but from experiences you have to keep pestering them as you need to know for your sanity what's going on.
It took them 6 months to find that I had secondary breast cancer and I was so ill by the time we got the dx. I just felt like my whole world had caved in and thought that was that. I had 3 fec & 3 tax and although I was ill. This and the hormone treatment has kept me stable and I feel like I have my life back.

I really hope you get some news soon and keep phoning them and asked to see your consultant. You deserve some answers and soon.
With very best wishes to you.
Love
Chris xx

Guest user
Not applicable

secondary breast cancer

Hi found out 2 weeks ago i have secondary breast cancer which was a big suprise ,i had a reconstruction 6th April they cancelled my follow up in the mean time that was all ok .I was going away in school hols for 3 1/2 weeks but before i went a bruise appeared above my breast went to GP he said it was nothing , while i was away it grow into a lump and bruise got bigger so phoned hospital while i was away to get appointment as i was very worried .Went to consultant on return to be told that when they did reconstruction they sent a biopsy off and they had found that the cancer has returned but a mistake has been made and no one had had me back to discus it with me .Now i am still waiting to start treatment as they need to do more tests but an very worried as it is realy growing and no one seems to be in a rush to get me going , i feel like i have lost the battle before i even start .