secondary liver mets

Hi, I was diagnosed with liver mets on Tuesday, I am going to start capecitabine on the 11th March and would be grateful to hear how others have found this chemo,

I was originally diagnosed with bc sept 2010  with 4 lymph nodes involved. Bone mets to neck diagnosed May 2012 and then in the spine November 2012.  More mets diagnosed July 2013 to the pelvis and leg and now liver mets diagnosed this tuesday,

many thanks x

Hi dgardens

While you are waiting for other members to come along and respond to your question, I wondered if you had seen the factsheet on capecitabine.  I’ve attached the link hoping it might be helpful:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/capecitabine_bcc121_1.pdf

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi, dgardens, so sorry to hear your recent diagnosis, I’m quite similar to you, diagnosed bc 

in march 2011, mastectomy no chemo, only radiotherapy and  plodding along nicely when pain

in back and ribs started in jan 2013. Multiple spine mets, ribs and pelvis went on everolimus

and exemestane combo, but no joy as scan in November revealled liver mets.

Am now on my 

4th cycle of capecitabine, had scan last week awaiting results to see if this works. Caps s/e 

do not appear too bad, worst is like most other ladies feet and hands and nails, really red

and tingly, no splitting

on feet yet, using Flexitol heel cream and hand cream. I’m on 1800 twice a day for 14 days

then a blissful week off. Most of the s/e with me seem to be progressive even the tiredness

just seem to catch up with you as the 14 days go on. Also get quite bad hot flushes, thought 

that was a thing of the past.

If I have some good news when see onc, they are all worth putting up with as still can do so many

of the things I enjoy.

I hope your treatment works well for you, its amazing we keep taking knocks but somehow 

find the strength to bounce back, I find the waiting for results all the time the most trying,but 

try to do days out with friends to keep mind off of the wait. 

good luck and keep us posted

Lyn x

Hi I am new to the forum but have been living with breast cancer since 2005 ,spread to liver in 2009,I have been on cap and a clinical trial drug lapatinib since may 2011 .so far things are going well,tumour very small can hardly been seen on scan.you get the usual side effects,bit tired,constipation,my worse bit is sore hands and fingers that spilt but a small price to pay for something that seems to be working.I think it’s a wonderful chemo that seems to work for a lot of people.Just wanted to wish you good luck with lots of love Wendy.