Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sentinel node biopsy

4 REPLIES 4
Steph J

Re: sentinel node biopsy

Hi Michelle 

I had two biopsies , the first one I went and done a night shift after and just took paracetamol . The second one I went home and went to bed . Its prob just an individual preference and how you feel . I felt very vulnerable during the procedure and it was prob the first time in my life Id ever experienced such emotion . My advice would be have a plan b back up in case you dont feel up to meeting . Goodluck and nothing wrong with postitive thinking xxx

Steph J

Hi Jobey68 

Yes its the latter removal of 2 or 3 nodes . That answers my question thank you . I probably wont go back to work then as I go back for my results two weeks later , and then 5 days later have my  mastectomy . It doesnt seem worth going into work for a couple of days I might as well get organised at home before op . Steph xx

Jobey68

Hi Steph , is it a biopsy to check if you have breast cancer or a sentinel node biopsy along with removal of a lump after diagnosis? The former is very simple and other than feeling a bit bruised you should be fine physically to carry on as normal, the latter involves removal of 2 or 3 nodes and although is a straight forward op two weeks off work is the norm while things heal, I was back driving fine after 10 days xx

MichelleHx

I have a biopsy not sure if same one on Wednesday and hoping to get to a meeting in the afternoon might be positive thinking x x
Steph J

sentinel node biopsy

Hi 

How long do you have to stay off work after node biopsy ? And is driving a problem ? x