cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shrinking breast?

2 REPLIES 2
hopefulholly

Re: shrinking breast?

Hi travelrep, you know what I'm going to say, go to GP, if only to put your mind at rest. It's too important to leave it, it's not a minor concern. You could always ask your GP to refer you to a breast clinic. Good luck x
Jo_BCC

Re: shrinking breast?

Hi travelrep

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

I have put for you below the link to one of our pubications you might find helpful, also our helpline team will be only too happy to talk to you about your concerns.  They're just a free phone call away 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/publication/your-breasts-your-health-through...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

travelrep

shrinking breast?

HI everyone, apologies in advance for the long post, but i really need your help and advice

Ive noticed over recent weeks that one of my breasts seems to be shrinking,  its noticable to me when im wearing a bra as now theres space in one side and not the other.  Im sure its this breast thats shrinking and not the other one growing, but then i wonder what if it is this one growing, as i have been told i have a cyst in the bigger breast and just a few months ago my gp said that this breast was lumpy.  ive been twice (both early this year) to my gp about lumps and bumps (always in the bigger breast) and been reassured all ok.  i had a mammogram around 18 months ago, all clear.

i have also for the last few days had a niggling pain in the larger breast, close to the armpit, but its where the underwire ends on my bra, so wonder if thats just been digging in a little as my bra is not sitting 'right' due to the space in the other side.  

i feel that i should go to the gp about this difference in size but dont want to waste her time again. (although she has never made me feel like im wasting her time)

I have been exercising (not excessively!) and eating more healthily since the start of the year, but have only lost a few lbs, so dont think its this but im hoping it is just an uneven weight loss and that it will balance out soon.

I would be really grateful for any advice, even if it is just to say to go back to the gp.  i have wondered if its possible to get a breast exam done anywhere else, say for instance at a walk in centre??

Thank you x