so scared please read and reply

Hi,

Just being newley diagnosed, things are running away with me in my head, do other people imagine that this cancer has spread into there lungs or anywhere else in the body, I am half out of my wits with worry, I am imagening all sorts its making my life hell, am I the only one like this my doctor keeps trying to put my mind at rest but its not working, cant eat, cant sleep and its on my mind 24/7

debh

Dear Debh,
I am sorry that you had to join this club, but you will get all the help that you need here.
Diagnosis time, believe it or not is the worse.
Everything is so surreal, it is like there is no floor under your feet.
We all expect the worse, but gradually our brain settles and we absorb the news.
How long ago was your diagnosis? when is treatment starting?
If I were you I would go to my gp and asking for something to help me relax.
Make use of the help line, there again you will be able to ask questions.
Not knowing tends to be the worst, so fire all your questions, there will always be someone here to help.
Keep strong
huggs
Sophie

oh Deb, u are definately not alone in feeling like that, i think we probably all did when we were first diagnosed, ur in shock & ur imagination is running riot. It sounds positive if your dr is reassuring u. What have the drs told u, have u been given a treatment plan yet? Often when u know what’s happening it becomes easier to deal with. x

Its completel normal to feel the way you do , you are in complete shock. It’s devastating news to get and no one expects it, so be reassured you are not alone . Once you know what you are facing you will slowly start to feel in control and you will cope …honest. We all get there with support from hopefully family, friends and this forum. Keep talking about how you feel as it does really help. Give yourselves time to adjust and be kind to yourselves

Take care
Lorna xxxx

Hi Debh

I have pm’d you.

Big hugs

S

Deb diagnosis is the most awful time. We can’t be expected to think rationally when we are in shock. I remember just over a year ago thinking I wouldn’t make it to 2012!! Here I am, back at work and enjoying my life again. This is a great place to come for support and help. Sending virtual hugs.

Hi all,

I am scheduled to have a mastectomey on 17th Jan, followed by chemo and radio therapy and may be hormone treatment if needed, they said my lymphs look clear on ultrasound but like everyone else wont know until after the op its all very scarry

deb

Hi deb,

Yes we all have moments like that.

I was diagnosed mid December and it is all so hard to take in.

There is loads of support available on here. My best advice is to try and take one day at a time, and don’t let your imagination run ahead if at all possible. I know that is easier said than done, sometimes I manage it, and sometimes I don’t.

I agree ask your doctor for something to help you sleep in the short term as lack of sleep makes everything worse.

Keep talking to people, whether it is here, on the helpline, to someone at home you can rely on, or all 3.

Lynda

Hi Deb
I’m so sorry!
Private messaged you,
x

Hi…so sorry to read your situation. I’m in the ‘not 100% diagnosed’ phase, and have had to wait over 2 weeks for biopsy results, due next week. My mind is imagining the worst too, and that’s weird as I’m usually a ‘glass half full’ person! I have found these forums absolutely fantastic; there are some wonderfully inspirational people on here who have been very reassuring. Everyone says try and take one day at a time, and it will be doable. My very best wishes to you…take care xx

Deb - in a word “yes”. Most of us have probably gone through this exact feeling. It’s horrendous. I likened it to the intense grief I experienced when my Mum died… sleepless nights, couldn’t eat, sleep, thoughts running round and round etc.

It’s an extremely scary time and you may feel like you’re walking around in a daze and nothing feels real, as if you’re in a really bad bad nightmare.

I was imagining all sorts, before I got my prognosis, once I knew I had cancer, it was Grade 3, really big and no idea if it’d spread yet, I had actually in that 3 week wait for full results after my operation, gone to a solicitors and had my will done, I had sorted out all paperwork into a file “just in case” and done a rough draft of a funeral plan to include what I wanted, just in case.

Fortunately and I was very fortunate in that instance, it had not spread. But the feelings were very hard to deal with.

xxxx

Hi Deb
I am so sorry to hear you feel like this but I know exactly how you feel, I too had the same feelings about it spreading all over my body. I was diagnosed mid Dec and having surgery 19th Jan but please listen to these ladies on the site because they speak a lot of sense and are so helpful with their advice and support. Once I got over the first couple of weeks the reasonable part of my brain kicked in and by reading peoples comments on here I know I will survive and am feeling really positive.
As one lady said to me heres a virtual hug for you, thinking of you and know that you will be ok xxx

Deb and Maryland,

I think we all imagine the worst when 1st diagnosed, its good news Deb that your lymph nodes are not affected, and at least you know where you are going from here. I had mx at at of sept and am due Chemo no4 tomorrow, then it will be radiiotherapy in march. All i can really say is the Treatment is do-able, and you will be looked after all the staff i have met have been fantastic. Just keep asking questions, to your BN or on here

Maryland - harder for you at the moment, still waiting for the results, personally i found it easier at that stage to try and carry on as normal and only told those who really needed to know. Fingers crossed for your results

everyone on here will be available for any advice or support that they can give you both

Love Gill x

Deb, yup, reckon most if not all of us know THAT feeling. I reckon I even planned the funeral and picked the music. As others have said, this part of it all is truly horrible. You have no idea what’s what, why, how you’ll cope, and reckon you can almost feel it eating you from the inside.

Please let me assure you, it isn’t.

It’s good that they’re optimistic about your lymph nodes, see if you can hold that thought.

And you can always come on here and get some support even if you feel like screaming your head off. Reckon most if not all of us have done THAT too.

Good luck for 17th.
CM
x

Hi deb,
Just to echo what everyone says, diagnosis is the worst bit, so scary and overwhelming but it does get easier and the support on here is amazing at any time of day or night. I had a mx back in November and have just started chemo. On he lymph front, I had 23 out of 29 nodes effected but my scans came back no spread anywhere else so there is plenty of hope to be had. ,
Good luck with your treatment, you might not look back and laugh but you will get through ,
Kind thoughts
Herbi x

Just sending you an empathetic hug - as Im just a bit further along than you. Ihave had surgery - but now have to uncertainty of waiting for the complete path results. I do feel a bit more in control now the initial panic had waned. Im sure you will start to think more positively soon - as someone on here said - the stats are on our side - most women do survive now - and theres no reason why that shouldnt be you!
hope things settle a bit for you (((hug)))

kaj
xxx

Hi Deb,

I was dx in September and remember those feelings infact being honest somedays I still have them but I am just starting radiotherapy and also with the weather being this bad and being stuck in house(live in Glasgow) I have cabin fever and too much time to think (bad thoughts). It does get easier, you are not alone, take care
Karen xx

Dear All,

Sometimes I feel like I’m going mad - people seem to talk to me as if it’s a broken leg and everything will be fine once the op is done! I’m having a lumpectomy tomorrow and want to get it done but don’t as I know waiting for the results to see if it is anywhere else will be horrendous! We all know we have to be positive but it’s so hard sometimes! I’m like the lady earlier here, I feel like I should be getting my will done and “affairs put in order” but daren’t incase being negative has a negative effect!!! That doesn’t make sense at all does it!
One step at a time - keep busy and deep breaths!
Is anyone else here a single Mum? Love to hear from you.

s xx

Hi
Please try not to worry. To give you hope i was dx just over 4 yrs ago and felt the same and sometimes still worry (you might see my other recent post) but we do find the inner strength to deal with it - we have no choice.

Has your doc suggested any medication to help take the edge of things rather than making yourself even more sick by not eating, sleeping. it might be worth a chat.

Take care and pm if needed.
hugs
S

Hi Deb I’ve private messaged you
xxx