sore ribs

Just had my 2nd tax and mr ribs feel very sore more on the right im getting worried and did anyones hair grow back on tax?

I have tax 3 on Monday and was half excited my hair was growing back and half irrationally worried tax wasn’t working because it was growing back!! But today I have had some of it coming out again so not sure what’s happening. I think some people do find their hair does grow back on it though.

Hi Jinny, unfortunately tax does cause bone pain, are you sleeping on your right side? Mine was worse in the larger bones to start with, but ended up all over after a couple of treatments. It lasts a few days, but you can take pain killers, no paracetomol, I ended up taking tramadol. Mention it to your onc at your next meeting particularly if it doesn’t settle. Are you moving onto FEC after tax?

Hi jinny2611,

Sorry to hear that your experiencing rib pain while having tax. I had fec75, so was spared the bone pain of tax, but two of my friends who did have tax both had bone pains. The reason that you shouldn’t take paracetamol is because it lowers you body temp. This in turn can mask an underlying infection, so best to leave paracetamol well alone while undergoing any kind of chemo. Hope your rib pain resolves itself soon.

Take care,

Ann x