cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soreness

6 REPLIES 6
myexperience

Re: soreness

My rads were 6 months or so after surgery as had chemo, so had finished specific excercices well before but I do exercise by playng squash and I feel this has helped. Couldn't play for about 6 weeks after rads though. Everyone different and it does take some time to get over rads etc.

didi62

ks myexperience that is helpful to know what you have felt over a length of time.i saw oncologist this week and he thinks i may have lymphoedema so will see a nurse.did you keep doing your exercises after rads?i stopped and wonder if this has caused my problem.
myexperience

I finished my radiotherapy Feb 2012 Afer Op Aug2011 and chemo. I still experienced stiffness and discomfort in arm and breast till about July 2012. It then felt great for about 2 months. I then started feeling soreness around my scar which I think was caused by using a new bag which was heavy. I changed to using lighter bag and improved. I started getting discomfort around christmas again and breast tissue felt very firm. Spoke to BC nurse and was told sometimes this happens due to radiotherapy. Settled down again. It is taking me time to get used to what is normal. Speak to BC nurse if worried.

Lozzarooney1

Hi Didi
Does your pain radiate from your SNB round to your WLE scar? could it be your bra aggravating your wound sites? it sounds like your WLE was done in the same place as mine. Has all the swelling gone down yet? I'm still having problems with finding suitable bras that don't cut into my scar by the end of the day!!! and have rads planning day next week.
Or have you started a new activity?
How would you describe your pain? is it relieved if you take a painkiller?
When you think about the amount of trauma that our body has been put through it is hardly surprising that our body protests. I know from others that radiotherapy SEs can smetimes start months after finishing.
If you haven't already done so then I would suggest either speaking to your BCN or to your GP just to put your mind at rest.
If you want to chat further then do PM me.

Lozza xx
Dzyre

Hi Love
Sorry I cant help you but I did try to message you so hope that you got the message from me. You have found a place where the people are the most amazing I've ever met.
I'm sure that someone will come along and help you out and point you in the right direction. I know that being alone doesn't help the situation for you. I had to have my 12 year old grand daughter come stay with me she has ASD but she was company. I do hope that you are feeling a bit better and here is a big hug (((((( HUG))))))
love and thoughts being sent your way
Sandra
xxx
Sam_BCC

Hi didi62

I’m sorry to read you're having a tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

didi62

soreness

could anyone advise me on why i would be getting increasing pain and soreness from under snb scar to the centre of left breast where i have wle scar 5inchs across?ihad surgery 30august but this soreness has started in the past few weeks.i had 23radio ending 22 November and on tamoxifen since 3 October.many thanks Denise