rosie14

Re: sorry... just worried and want to talk

oh good I am so pleased for you! x
scaredmum

Got the all clear. Feel much more relieved now! X
rosie14

Good luck tomorrow! I can only get on this site on my internet tonight for some reason nothing else is working! x
scaredmum

Appointment tomorrow... Bricking it a bit... Lol sorry....
I'm addicted to reading this site btw!! Safer than Google tho eh. X
scaredmum

Thanks so much poemsgalore. No I hadn't seen that before.. I just had a brief look but will look again later when kids go to sleep. But I saw u have recently had some good news!!!
Congratulations! I'm so pleased the Clinic were all happy for you and you don't have to go again for a while!!
I wish internet was more freely available before... This forum would have been a lot of support to my mum. In the end the breast cancer took her 10 years ago... Which is why I'm such a paranoid wreck.
But it is amazing how supportive you all are!! X
poemsgalore

Hi scaredmum,

Have you looked at the posts in this thread?

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hope-and-inspiration/bd-p/4524

Full of posts from women like me, who are at various stages after treatment, and still NED (no evidence of disease). We don't always disappear Woman Very Happy some of us hang around in the hope that we can be supportive to newer members like yourself. So, sending you big hugs, and wishing you all the best for your continuing journey towards Nedland. poemsgalore xx

scaredmum

Thanks Sylvie. I think they are from what the nurse said... Trying to keep busy... But in the time I'm not... I keep busy by reading this entire forum lol.
Which is scary.. But obviously people with good news normally disappear as don't need support... But its interesting how many people have had pain as a symptom.. I haven't. But never thought of pain as being a symptom of cancer before really.. Not breast anyway..
Sorry. Rambling!
sylviah

Hi, you have done the right thing. Its your body and you have seen a change. Not going to say don't worry as you will, but in only a few days, you will be getting this sorted. Keep yourself as busy as you can and the time will come round more quickly than you think. Are they giving you another ultrasound? If so, watch the screen as you did before and if you see anything you don't understand, point it out straightaway. It's your body so you have every right to know what is what.

Sylvia

Sam_BCC

Hi scaredmum

Welcome to the BCC forums, it sounds like you're having a pretty difficult and worrying time at the moment. I'm sure some of the other users will be along soon to offer you their support.  

In the meantime you might find it helpful to talk through your feelings with a member of staff on the helpline.

Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

scaredmum

Btw... It's not that my right has got bigger.. But the left (with thickening) has shrunk. By a good cup size
scaredmum

sorry... just worried and want to talk

I was seen at a breast clinic on Jan 7 after a visit to my gp said she could feel what I felt (firm thickening on outer side of left breast) and I have a high risk of breast cancer due to mother being diagnosed young.
I was seen 4 days after gp.
The clinic was lovely. I'm only 26 so was sent just for ultrasound. Again.. Woman lovely... But... During ultrasound she was chatting away.. As was I (I cant shut up when nervous!)
Anyway when we were chatting I was watching the screen, and noticed a strange black patch... At end of test, she told me all looks ok. I said what about the black areas.. She said what black areas, put the thing back on my breast and went, oh there? That's ur ribs... But it wasn't the same thing I'd seen before... What I'd seen looked almost like an upside down semi circle... Shadowy.. Uneven edges... When she said was my ribs.. I couldn't even see a dark patch!!
Anyway, was sent back to consultant. She said she wanted to see me again in a year because of family history. Fine.
I went off... But I have a feeling of not all being well... I know I sound paranoid btw lol.
But a few days later, I put on a halterneck bra that I haven't worn in some time... And even my bf said, where's it gone?! My right breast has always been bigger... Around 1/2 to a full cup size difference... But now.. Jesus. It is literally a two cup size difference. I hadn't really paid attention to size before as I didn't think it mattered.. But reading on here I've realised it can.. I called the clinic and spoke to one of the nurses. She was lovely and booked me another appointment, if all great, then just to put my mind at ease. My appointment is this Friday at 4..
I know how crazy I sound... But I'm so worried.