sour taste in my mouth after chemo

I can’t believe that it was this day last year I had my final chemo - I could not see the end of it at the time nor could I envisage myself a year on!  At the time I developed a sour taste in my mouth which still persists now.  Has anyone else experienced this and does it go?

Strawbs

Hi Strawberryblond.  Not exactly the same thing but… I finished chemo on 03.09.14 so not too long after you. I do not have a sour taste in my mouth any longer but I don’t think I can taste as well as I used to and my gums and tongue have not gone back to what they were before.  Every time I brush my teeth there is some blood and sometimes my gums feel cut, I occasionally get sore patches on my tongue. Some foods give me a tummy ache. It’s almost a year on now. You’d think we should be recovered from chemo by now.

I finished chemo in April and still have a mouth like the bottom of a bird cage. It make me want to eat and drink constantly!

Oh, Pablo I used to suffer from IBS for over 20 years. Terrible tummy cramps. Intolerance to wheat and carbs in general. Amazing positive se of chemo is that this is gone and I can get a freely… Not great for the waistline!

I finished chemo in Oct 2 years ago and at Christmas I was still grappling with horrible tastes and smells that started after the second of my three TAX treatments…  The lavender scented hand wash I bought at Xmas smelt to me like rotting moss!  And everything smelled like drains all the time.  It was really hard to cook for the family; I was doing it by numbers at one point. 

The horrible taste and smell wore off after about 4 months but it did return from time to time without any warning as the months went on; I guess the most recent time was in the spring of this year.  But my overall sense of smell and taste seem to be as good as before the treatment.  Hope this helps.