start tomorrow!!

Start chemo tomorrow. Fec. Cold cap requested. Not worried about process but anxious of how I’m going to feel following it and if I will be able to look after my small children.
Surgery is after chemo. Not been feeling too bad until now but I think reality is about to hit me hard :frowning:

Hi dh

Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow. How you will feel, is at the moment an unknown factor. I know several women who managed to work part time and look after their family whilst having chemo. Others who were very ill a lot of the time. Most of us fall somewhere between those two extremes, having bad days and good days. After your first treatment, keep a diary of how you felt on each day, and you can then look at it after the second and subsequent treatments because you will follow the same pattern every time. Have you joined one of the monthly chemo threads yet? The latest one is March 2014:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Starting-chemo-in-March-2014/m-p/823114#U823114

I suggest you pop along and introduce yourself if you haven’t already done so, you will receive a lot of support from the other members of that group and from others who may occasionally pop in to give advice and tips. 

Hugs and best wishes

poemsgalore xx

hi…im in the same place as you…seeing my oncologist on thurs…very nervous at the minute…i have already had my surgery…but the chemo is more daunting…hope all goes well x

Thank you tell good luck to you too.
Great, thanks poemsgalore, I will definitely check it out xxx

Good luck for tomorrow x I am about to embark on 2n’d Fec with cold cap on Friday. A tip I was given was to take 2 paracetamol a half hour before using the cap and I promised
myself to give it a half hour before deciding if I wanted to continue, glad I did now. I too have a little one but I did have my husband on stand by. Wishing you the very best xx

Bigpumpkin how is cold cap working out for you? I’m not confident it worked. I didn’t feel that cold and my head didn’t feel cold all over when it came off. My head feels odd and feels like some hair is thinning already or in my hands when I run them through it.
Chemo finished at 1730 and by 8 PM I was already being sick. I was sick every 2-3 hours through tues night and all day yesterday. Couldn’t take the tablets you are meant to take with food. Feel better today just weak and pathetic. Can’t take care of my 3 month old though, really missing him

Dh, my heart goes out to you, so sorry you feel so bad. I had a similar experience, Chemo finished and a few hours later I was ill, I even had an injection to stop the sickness but a half hour later I was ill again, I found myself waiting to be ill, sort if getting it all out then trying to take a tablet. You will start to feel better soon, its hard but keep telling yourself this xx My little boy is 3 and I understand how you miss caring for your little one. Through Chemo I have a photograph of him to remind myself he is a big part of why I am going to keep up the good work. As for the cold cap, yes, I think its doing its job, although I seem to be shedding more hair daily and Im due more Chemo tomorrow. However I was given a bit of advice which was if the cap does not feel tight or very cold then ask for another one- maybe keep that in mind for next time xxx love & hugs , keep us updated on how you are getting on