started Kadcyla today, anyone else on it?

as per my title really

i started kadcyla today so far so good

im just looking for anyone else on it, who can tell me how they are feeling

hope to hear from someone soon xx

kimi x

Hi Homer

I’ve been on this since end of Feb.    Last scan showed some shrinkage and stable disease.    Very doable,I don’t know what you have been on before.     Flu like symtoms about two days after, last about 24-48hrs.  I have just had a break (Herceptin sub cut only) as side effects do build up although it is a targeted treatment. Also another side effect is muscle/ligament pain, I’d strained a groin muscle out jogging just after I started and it has lasted 3 months,  it is finally easing having this break.  I also had a toe nail removed and it became infected so antibiotics prescribed,  break is giving it time to heal. I don’t have any sickness but a lack of appitite for a week or so!  Not bad for me as i eat too much anyway!!!   Basically although it is far better SE wise be aware they are there.  Don’t be afraid to mention anything you think maybe caused by it.   Dose can be lowered.

Good luck with this drug, you may not have any of the above, everyone is different.  

xxx

Hi Kimi

Am due to start Kadcyla in 2 weeks but no one seems to have heard of it, although my onc said it was a new  chemo.  I’ve already had FEC and Taxoterre and my veins are now getting  almost impossible to work with so next week I’m having an implantable post fitted.  It would be good to hear from anyone who has one as I’m feeling a bit apprehensive although I realize it makes sense.

Hope you get some feedback on Kadcyla,

Take care

Laurelle   x

little update

i had my 3rd kadcyla and all ok apart from delays in treatment on the day,

as they wanted to check i was feeling ok before they gave the go ahead due to the cost of it!

next week is nbr 4, then i have a CT scan on 28th of this month,

to see if its working…fingers crossed it is x

Hi everyone

I started Kadcyla in March, Had dose no 7 last week.

I have no SE at all and look and feel well.

I have to have bloods done and actually be in the chemo unit before they order drug up for me, due to cost, but thats fine. Just glad to get it.

I had a scan last week again to check how it is working and the tumor in my liver has vanished. Hooray!

Good Luck! xxx

Oh I should add that I had a power injectable CT port fitted in June and it’s been fab.

Treatment a doddle now cause my veins too are shocking (5 years of needle sticks)

Had my first CT with it last week and the contrast went in without a hitch and I didn’t feel a thing.

It’s been fitted into the dimple in my breast left by the WLE and totally hidden from sight, rather than look like a malteaser under my chest skin haha

I also have a port like a malteser just below my collar bone which I’ve had since January. I’m glad I have it but the insertion was extremely painful. A nurse did it and I don’t think she was experienced at all, the worst part was all the injections. I felt them all and they should have waited for the first to take effect and then worked around the area.
I was on herceptin for a year until march when my lung mets were growing so I was put on Kadcyla, I’ve just had a scan and they’re stable, but I’m concerned about headaches on the left side of my head that I wake with most days. Herceptin and Kadcyla molecules can’t cross the brain stem, but cancer cells do.
For me side effects of Kadcyla are tiredness, I can’t get through a day without resting especially during the week after the drug, but I’m so grateful for my cancer drugs fund funding for this.

I started kadcyla yesterday and was surprised when I received steroids through the cannula  before treatment has anyone else had this.regards jeany ,Sheffield.

Hi

ive been on Kadcyla for over 3 years and still doing well, touch wood!

i have it every 3 weeks and find it very tolerable. Much better than previous chemo treatments. It’s not without side effects but they are pretty trivial- numbness in my toes, some mouth ulcers, rather bloodshot eyes, and some tiny red spots on my skin, particularly around my chest and upper arms. But I’m very active, managing a small holding, doing yoga etc. Long may it continue to work.