1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting chemo in june 2014

Julie286

Re: starting chemo in june 2014

Hi everyone! On my 'good week' this week - although was starting to feel like it was never coming. Found 2nd FEC worse than the 1st but am definitely starting to see a pattern....queasy and tired followed by absolutely exhausted, followed by wrinkly roof of mouth, followed by sore lips, followed by sore veins ..... and then it's like someone switches the light back on and for a few days normality is resumed! I read a comment in this site a while back from a lady who had come through her treatment and she said that she looks back now and it feels like it all happened to someone else - I'm hanging on to that and so can't wait for that feeling!!! 3rd session next Wednesday and then I'll be half way through. I did the cold cap the first two sessions and I still have a reasonable amount of hair - but not on the top :-(. Wearing folded bandanas to cover the bald bits - but should maybe go for the comb over look ha ha!!! Because you can still see hair tho I think people who don't know me think I'm just making a weird fashion statement!! So sorry to hear that you've had delays Athens. You must be so fed up with the whole thing. Hope things get sorted for you soon. Does everyone get injections afterwards? I've not had any - I live in Scotland so maybe it's different up here? Hope everyone is doing ok. Lots of love xxxx
Cas164

Lol, thanks mummy2dolly that made me smile too!!

I think we all need to be careful of sunburnt heads,!

You will get through your last round , it might not be as bad as you anticipate. Fingers crossed for you x
mummy2dolly

I picked my girls up from summer camp last week and my friends' daughter came right up and said 'you've got no hair! Where is your hair?' (I'm going commando), so I explained that I needed special medicine and that made my hair fall out and that was that..... I met her mum for coffee yesterday and she was laughing that the girl is now worried that if she has to take medicine her hair will fall out!!! It made me chuckle. My girls aren't bothered by it at all.

I am now day 7 post dose 3 of AC and it is only today that I can say I feel semi normal. This round has been horrendous. I don't want to do the last one.
sugar8

Hi Jeremiah29

Popped into this thread and it all fell into place. Presuming that t = taxotere and c = cyclophosphamide. I now know why i am feeling so bad for so long. I had herceptin with my first tc. I think this combination is lethal.   I am pleased that I will not be having more herceptin till after the other 3 chemo cycles are completed. 

Thanks for sharing as it makes so much more sense now.

Hope you feel like your self soon.

Jeremiah29

I too started chemo in June TC 1st lot wasnt too bad sort of what I expected then had 2nd dose 6 days ago plus herceptin injection.  That 2nd dose was sooo much harder to bear am only just beginning to feel human, couldnt quite believe I could feel that ill and still be alive.  Still hopefully the worst is over, well until the 31st July when I have my next dose.  Am dreading it already .  I have 4 grandkids the youngest being 3 and I was worried how she would cope with a bald nanny but bless her she has taken it all in her stride and keeps stroking my head like a dog!!!!

angel77

hi cas164 . that did make me laugh 🙂 i tell you what made me laugh .i was holding my grandaughter who is 4 and i had a bandana on as ive most of my hair well anyone i was talking to somone while holdin her and i felt her lift the end of my bandana up and was having a peek to see whats under it lol this maade me laugh so much and to top it my hubby got it on camera lol i have a weird sence of humour lol x
Roxie65

Hi Evyone

Hope all is going well for you all!!!!

I was thrilled yesterday when I managed to get an appointment for today to get my gene testing done as they were only offering me August or September before and both dates were chemo dates!!  I explained I needed the results back (they take 8 weeks) before I have radiotherapy as if I carry the gene I will need a mastectomy and not radiotherapy.  They gave me a cancellation for today at St Barts in London.

Imagine my horror when I woke up this morning looking like I had been in a boxing ring.  My eyelids were swollen and my face really red and spotty with what looked like water blisters about an inch in size under my left eye!  No way was I missing my appointment so today not only have I had to travel into London (1 hour - 2 trains each way) with my wig but also with a grotesque face!!  If I can go out looking like that then I think from now on nothing will bother me lol.  Glad to say face starting to improve and am assuming its water retention from chemo.  Still at least it now matches the ever expanding body!!!!

Thursday I have my 3rd chemo but this time I have emend for sickness plus two others they give me, lactulose for constipation and omeprazole for the heartburn beginnig to feel I dont need food as will be filled up on tablets alone.  Still if they work and I dont feel as rough this time then well worth it.

Good luck all! xxx

cowgirl

Hi Angel77,

One thing they told us to take here is a 24 hour antihistamine allergy drug - loratadine 10mg - (I take a generic version) starting the day before the chemo.  Then I take it every day for 6 or 7 days.  I don't know if that has anything to do with not getting a sinus infection, but I haven't had one.  I am doing TC for 4 cycles.

Good luck.

Cas164

Hi all,

I'm now enjoying the normal ness of that in between sessions. I found drinking from a straw too really helps. The other thing I have found is chewing chewing gum just after each chemo and for a couple of days following.

This made me chuckle today, hope it makes you smile too. Obviously what hair I have left is pretty thin and I have to say no where near its best. Up pops a txt from my local hairdresser " summer offer... Be frizz free with our long lasting keratin Brazilian blow dry " ...... Oh to have frizz to blow dry !!!!!! Lol

Keep fighting everyone we'll all get through frizz or no frizz 🙂

Casx
Flutte

Hey Cowgirl,

Glad you coming out of the fog now.  I agree with you the lethargy is a pain as dont seem up to doing much and the weight is piling on!

I agree the best advise about meds from this forum has been to take all meds given whether you feel you need to or not and this has worked well for me for 1st two FECs.

I am on day 5 after 2nd FEC and feeling not too bad so going for a walk to try and save a pound or two on the tummy.

Take care xxx

angel77

hi all. just a quick question .ive had 2 lots of chemo TC-H so far and due 3rd next week .after both sessions ive ended up wit sinus infection .has anyone else suffered with infections after chemo ? x

sugar8

Hi All

Just popped into this thread to thank you all for sharing while I was waiting for the July Neebies, I found your advise more useful than in the hospital. I also prepared me well for my journey.

Your advice and experiences continue be the best source of information for me.

A BIG THANK YOU.

x x

cowgirl

Hi Everyone,

I am on day 6 after my second chemo and finally feeling decent enough to sit at the laptop.  I have felt so crappy this time - worse than cycle one.  Yesterday I slept all day (and most of the day before and the day before that) then got up about dinnertime for a while to feel really nauseous.  The lethargy is just overwhelming - along with fog, barfyness and bone pain.  Ugh.  Fortunately, I had really good blood counts, so they could do my chemo on schedule last week and I didn't have to wait.  The day after each of my chemo treatments (TC), I go back in for an injection of Neulastin which builds up my white blood cells and also makes my bones ache.    I am less embarassed about my poor bald (well, not quite - it is stubble about 1/8th inch long) head - I wear the wig for sort of public events when I don't want to be noticed, otherwise I wear a ball cap, but at home, I am just the baldy.   Ok, here is the only thing I have figured out to make it feel better - Take all the pain meds they give you (I take Aleve and Tramadol) and take the sleeping meds (I love Atavin).....don't try to tough it out.   I wanted to tell you all that I am sorry for all the trouble you (Athens, Roxie, mommy2dolly and Pixie) have been going through and hope you all have a better day.

It makes me feel better to hear what you are going through - misery loves company?.

Pixie100

I'm having weekly taxol after AC. Hope you feel better soon
mummy2dolly

Pixie are you *just* having the 4 AC or are you having Taxol after as well?

I'm having my day in bed. I slept all morning and I'm fighting the nausea now.....
Pixie100

...planned to spend most of weekend in bed...

Chemo brain!!!
Pixie100

Hi everyone,

I had third cycle of AC today. Had felt grotty when I woke up this morning with headache, low energy and slightly sore throat but normal temp. Cold cap felt a lot more hard work this time and felt sick during treatment but by the end strangely was feeling a lot better probably from the steroids and emend. I took some anti nausea meds this evening and only just now starting to feel a little bit queasy, so nothing like last time. I'd planned to spend most of the weekend as was expecting to be hit harder this round.

I have been having CGSF injections 24 hours after each chemo session, which my oncologist wanted me to have with my four AC cycles. I got the impression that it was his personal preference for anyone having AC.

I have also been having monthly zoladex injections and have been experiencing the joy of menopausal symptoms/flushing on top of everything else, luckily fairly mildly so far, but very strange sensation and comes out of nowhere. And wake up at least twice every night. Hoping they're not going to get worse through treatment.
Roxie65

Hi Athens   So sorry to hear you have been put off for an...

Hi Athens

So sorry to hear you have been put off for another week but its best they get you right first.  My oncologist only gives the injections when they feel you need them so I havent had any.  My friend who is under the same hospital but has a different oncologist got 5 days of them as standard after each chemo and her husband had to do them.  So it must be a oncologists choice, maybe they decide from your bloods results before any chemo is givena nd if your bloods are good dont give until needed and if they are fairly low before do it as standard.

Glad eveyone is getting on with their hair loss as feeling good really helps overall.

Good luck and hugs to everyone xx

Roxie65

Hi Athens

So sorry to hear you have been put off for another week but its best they get you right first.  My oncologist only gives the injections when they feel you need them so I havent had any.  My friend who is under the same hospital but has a different oncologist got 5 days of them as standard after each chemo and her husband had to do them.  So it must be a oncologists choice, maybe they decide from your bloods results before any chemo is givena nd if your bloods are good dont give until needed and if they are fairly low before do it as standard.

Glad eveyone is getting on with their hair loss as feeling good really helps overall.

Good luck and hugs to everyone xx

polar_1

Hi Athens,

Regarding the injection to help the white blood cells. I had my second fec on Monday and I was given the injection to take home right from the start. They explained that ideally it should be done 24 hours following the chemo session and my husband did them for me as I am not brave enough to do it. So at my hospital it seems to be standard practice and not just when patients have a problem with white blood cells. Fingers crossed that things improve. Sue xx
angel77

hi athens , i have 5 days of injections mine are gcsf ,unsure if that is what you are having ? my hair was falling out so much i decided to shave it with a grade 6 blade . feel better now as there isnt any hair everywhere x i have opted for bandanas rather than a wig and ive been told they suit me so i am sticking with them rather than a wig ,, hope everyone is doing ok . i have 2 more chemos and cant wait for them to finish and get some energy back x take care all
Athens

Hi all

Roxie, sorry to hear you had that stress and hope you are feeling better now.

I find it hard to be assertive in this strange medical world, though the help and advice from others in the forum has been invaluable. So today I asked for a printout of my bloods and asked the questions I had, plus discussed with the consultant why I wanted to be changed to another one and refused to accept the one they wanted to transfer me to. Small steps but at least I took them.

I got out of hospital on Tuesday afternoon (was admitted Sat). I felt fine while in, despite having a persistent cough and breathlessness and a very low neutrophil count. Went for my pre-asessment today for FEC cycle 2 due tomorrow, after a week's delay cos of the low neutrophil count. Today's problem was that they were not happy with my liver count so I am postponed for a second week. Doctor thought it was due to the antibiotics I was on since last Sat to try to sort out whatever was causing the persistent cough I had. Just wonder what my reaction will be if they decide I am not suitable for chemo...... Especially as today I got the rest of my hair cut off!

My hubby is quite sensible about this sort of thing - he advised me to go to the hairdressers to the final cut rather than the hairdresser coming to my house, so that it would be more normal, plus I would at least have to get between the salon and home; then we stopped off for lunch at our local cafe, again so that I would be out and about doing things in a wig without having to think about will I or wouldn't I go to cafe without or without wig etc , then we went for a walk..... That was odd because I walk at a fast pace and when my head got hot I almost pulled the wig off mistaking it for a hat! Much more comfy now in my wee hat.

I was told that for next cycle I will get an injection the day after chemo to help with my white blood cells. Is that what others such as Flette are referring to or is that an injection for something else? I was told the District Nurse would come to the house to do it, nothing about me doing it myself.

All the best
Athens

Roxie65

Hi all

When I got my pre chemo appointment through I noticed they had put me down with the wrong consultant on the wrong day so when I had my chemo I said and they changed it whilst I was there.  When I got there for it today I was told sorry your not booked in you cancelled it for Tuesday.  I explained no I changed it to the correct consultant as you had made a mistake.  The receptionist then told me sorry its not booked in.  I said well I have chemo Thursday to which she replied you will have to cancel it and I will book you in for a pre chemo check on the 27th and you can have chemo a week after.  I then burst into tears and my daughter who was with me also then creid as I was.  The receptionist looked at me and said I will get my suprvisor can you take a seat.  The supervisor came to see me to say I have spoken to the chemo nurses and it has been arranged for the consultant to see you as an extra as though she was doing me a favour!  

This whole chemo thing makes me emotional anyway and to tell me I would have to wait 3 weeks for my next chemo just done me.  Two hours later when I got to see the oncologist she was really apologetic that it had happened and I had had to wait and said the recpetion staff had no thought for patients and how it affects us all or the staff as now due to their errors she was seeing 14 ladies instead of 7.  She said you done the right thing insisting.  I said I never I just got upset when they told me I had to cancel my chemo.  She then replied they said what!!!! We dont cancel chemo unless your unwell and not or 3 weeks and they have no right saying so.  She then told me if it ever happens again to go straight round to the clinic or the chemo ward and explain and they will sort it for me.

I know things go wrong but I left there with a severe headache due to getting so stressed and this was one of my good days!!!!  As if this isnt all stressful enough for us all.  Sorry to moan but its only all you on here who will understand how suggeting putting of a chemo treatment is so upsetting.  Everyone else just says well at least you would have had another couple of weeks feeling good.  Actually no I want it all over and finished as soon as possible!!!

Hugs to you all and I hope everyone is now feeling better.  Good luck to all of you who are due your next chemo. xxxx

mummy2dolly

Cycle 3 done. I'm usually fine the day if chemo but I came home and slept for 3 hours after and I feel nauseous already 😞
My WCC was still down today 2.3k, they still gave me the chemo though and I've got 3 Neupogens. They told me to start with them tomorrow but internet research suggests they're better taken in week 2? When do you all take yours? I see Flutte starts on day 5......... Maybe I should hold off on them for a few days...... Urgh........ I can't believe I feel this sick already...........
Flutte

Thanks Polar_1, glad your wig looks so good, hope mine does too.

Unfortunately hubby is more of a wimp than I am and flatly refuses to do them and I don't blame him for not wanting to.

My injections are for 5 days starting on day 5.

xxx

polar_1

Hi Flutte I had my second fec on Monday and have been lucky so far as my husband has been able to do the next day injection for me on both occasions. I am a bit of a wimp with needles and always look away so I am worried about having to do it myself and I know that he will be away when I have my next chemo so will have to find a friend or maybe ask if the nurse at my GP surgery can do it.

Hope you and Wilma Wig get on well, I have been wearing mine since last Friday but only when I go out and I have had no problems with it and have even had some compliments on how nice my hair looks. Cheers Sue xx
Flutte

Hi all,

Sorry to hear some of you having tough time, Athens and Julie286, hope you improve soon.

Also sorry not been on for a while, will try to do better over coming weeks, just not used to being on forums at all.

Runner29 you are so brave going out with nothing on head...wow! not sure I could do that, though at the moment still have hair, but it has started coming out and I am leaving hair trails wherever I go.  My daughter keeps asking when I will get it shaved.  I do now have wig on order though so am getting prepared.

I collected my breast prosthesis on Monday, I've christened it Betty (boob), but can't wear it for too long as still quite tender and still some fluid there.  It does look loads better than silly softie that you get after the op.  Yes I have to have names for all the bits...I have Peppa Picc, Betty boob and soon Wilma wig.

I have 2nd fec tomorrow so don't suppose will get much sleep tonight, but that might be more for the fact its also my birthday and will be excited, lol.

Does anyone do their own injections?  I seem to be under pressure to do them myself but really not sure about it.

Take care all xxxx

WP23

Hi angel77
I have only had one TC chemo so far, but I sucked ice lollies the whole time the taxotere was going through and I haven't lost my taste sensation. Maybe I will next time??? Worth trying if you haven't already:)
I also struggled with the injections, I had to have them at 5pm so spent the whole day fretting about it 😞
Half way there:) good luck with your next 2 sessions

Take care

Wendy xx
mummy2dolly

Re drinking, I have gone completely off squash and flavoured drinks and have developed a penchant for fizzy water with a slice of lemon in. I'm now keeping sliced lemon in a tub in the fridge and buying cans of soda water rather than sparkling mineral water.......
Pixie100

Hi Angel, I saw a tip to use a straw for drinking and also adding squash to water seemed to help.  I had a good last week but tired this week and have round 3 on Friday. Gritting my teeth...

Julie, sorry to hear you are having a tough time and hope you have a better second week.

Good luck tomorrow Mummy2Dolly.

Hope everyone else is feeling better.

Px

angel77

hi all . i had my second chemo TC-H on 2 july and have lost most of my hair so today im going to shave it all off . the main thing i struggle with is the gcsf injections and loose of taste .. anybody got any tips to quench my thirst ? x hope your all doing ok . i have 2 chemos left to go

Julie286

Hi all. Not been on for a while. Had 2nd cycle of FEC last Wednesday and it's been much worse this time. Bloods were only just at acceptable level for 2nd cycle (which I was really surprised at as I'd been feeling great) so maybe that's something to do with it. So sicky, tired and emotional this time!!! Have to say what a relief to hear that others have that 'angry' feeling just now - I thought I was going a bit mad!!! My friends laugh at me as I don't swear (have absolutely no objection to it -I just think I sound like I'm showing off when I do!) but have been cussing non-stop under my breath the last couple of days.......it's only a matter of time before someone gets a mouthful -probably some poor unsuspecting old lady in the supermarket queue!!! So sorry to hear that some of you have been so unwell - it's just crappy isn't it?. Love to everyone xxxx
mummy2dolly

How are you doing Athens?
That's rubbish about your bloods Ria, and your hair....
I've got my 3rd AC tomorrow. I don't want to go. I hate this. I can't wait for it to be over and to hopefully start feeling strong again........
Athens

Hi Jane

Being in hospital gave me a bit of time to read and think. One thing I read a lot about was how laughing every day can help you in dealing with cancer. So anything to make us giggle will be most welcome.

Xx
Roxie65

Hi everyone

I never knew they may change chemo drugs once started but it seems its happened to a few this month.  Hope everyone is now on the mend and out of hospital.

Had two regimes now of FEC and at the end of the second week of 3 and now feeling ok again.  Must admit after this one now dreading the rest as I know it will be about 10 days of feeling really rubbish.

I had one of my wigs cut by a local salon free of charge as part of the "my new hair" and I love it, she cut it to a photo of me just before chemo and now I look like me again!!  She also showed me how I can put it up so its cooler on hot days without showing its a wig, she gave me some really fab advice.

Now I intend getting out as much as possible before next week and my third FEC!!!

Good luck and hugs to all xxx

ria2056

hi

yeah i have a wig and two bandanas i must admit i thought the cold cap had worked but alas the girls on this site were right, my hair started coming out on the 16th and they all said around day 18, but never mind just wanna get on and start my new regime had one lot of FEC , the oncologist not happy with result so switching me to DC on monday

runner29

Cowgirl, I bought a couple of wigs as losing hair was one of the worst parts for me but I've found them hot and uncomfortable, and they get tangled as they're long. So I've been going out with nothing on my head as it's more comfortable! Strange as I never thought I'd do that!

That's rubbish about your bloods ria and about having to leave holiday early. I'll have everything crossed that they're ok on Monday for you and I hope the chemo starts kicking it. Unfortunately from all I read on the cold cap I found it to have limited success, although some managed to keep some of their hair I found that for those on drugs that cause hairloss they just delayed the loss and eventually the hair came out in the end. Have you got wigs or scarves? Now it's coming out best to take control back and get prepared if possible.

I'm meant to be having my third tax on the 14th too after meeting with the oncologist to see how chemo is affecting things so pretty nervous about that. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for Monday. xxx
ria2056

well my bloods were low so no chemo yesterday got my appointment for the 14th. Now have to leave my holiday a day early to have my bloods done before Monday, and hope they are ok and to top it all off even using the cold cap my hair is coming ok arggggggggg

cowgirl

Hi mummy2dolly,

How weird to have them change your treatment in the middle of it all....Tomorrow I have my TC - cycle 2 - and I, too, am dreading it....

Athens, I hope you are out of the hospital now and that the blood count is better - mouth sores, too.  I haven't had those yet - it sounds miserable. 

I wore my wig for the first time yesterday - it was hot, uncomfortable and it felt like it was riding up to the top of my poor bald head and that a strong wind might carry it away.  I guess I will get used it it.

Hope all of you will feel good - or at least better - today!

mummy2dolly

Hope you're home soon Athens.

I've had a rather bizarre week. I went to get my reconstructed boob checked as it was hot and swollen and I saw a different consultant as mine was in theatre. He reviewed my whole case and wanted to know why I was having chemo. Said he wouldn't have given me any. Sent me to a different oncologist who agreed. I went to see my oncologist and we agreed that I should finish the 4 AC but that I don't need the 12 Taxol. I will need 10 years of hormone therapy though.

I am trying to find travel insurance to take my girls to Florida in Oct. It seems that if I were there in the uk I'd have no problem finding a policy to cover me but living here (UAE) means it's not so easy. I'm more upset about this than anything else at all so far. Are you not supposed to go on holiday if you've had breast cancer? It's ridiculous!

My fitness levels are seriously dipping. I could run a very slow 5k a couple if days ago but have had to walk during it the last couple of days. My AF has arrived though (16 days late) so I'm wondering if that's got anything to do with it.

Cycle 3 of AC on Thurs. Dreading it. My hubby and children leave for the UK on Sunday leaving me to fend for myself for 3 weeks. Great.
runner29

Hope you manage to get out of hospital quickly Athens, after being admitted twice myself I know how it feels, frustrating mainly!

Hope everyone else is as well as can be, I'm week 3 'good week' but babysitting my partners dog so my life seems to be revolving around walks and food at the moment!

Before my second chemo my hb level for blood was low so I'm really hoping it hasn't dropped for next chemo. Been feeling pretty tired these last couple of days and wondering if that has anything to do with it, yesterday I had an afternoon nap and that's the first time I have had to do that since starting chemo (other than on the first week obviously!) really hope that this doesn't delay the next chemo.

Right best go and drag myself out of the house and walk this dog that's giving me the I want a walk look!! Xxx
Roxie65

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all starting to feel so much better!!

Athens sorry to hear your in hospital thats one place I know none of us want to be.  Going through chemo is hard enough in the comfort of our own homes let alone not being able to sleep in hospital!!  How did you find out you were neuropenic if you felt ok?  I never take my temperature or anything unless I actually feel I need to.

Jane so glad your anger has now subsided and if your looking for fruit for your scarves your mood must have really lifted so thats good.

Good luck evryone xx

Jbf57

Morning Athens, really hope you're on the mend now - what a pain for you - I'm thinking of you and hope you'll be back home pdq. Anger seems to have subsided, thankfully, but I'll try to post any funny things that happen along the way. Trust me, my husband is one of a kind and manages to come out with some absolutely outrageous comments most days, so I'll have to write them down and post them and hope I can make everyone giggle! Take good care of yourself, I'm off to town to meet a friend for coffee, which I won't drink as everything tastes foul, and she'll no doubt have something to say about my lack of hair and chosen form of disguise (I'm thinking of buying some fake fruit like cherries etc to add to my headscarves etc!) Anything to raise a smile! Sending lots of positivity over the airwaves! Janexxxxx
Athens

Hi Jane
Glad you are feeling a bit better. Thanks for letting us know about your anger day so I will know to expect mine. I had a mini one last week when my chemo was delayed plus oncologist's behaviour made me pretty angry. I too went out for a long walk, at a fast pace, to work it out. Afterwards I had to go back to the hospital for a check up with the surgeon, thinking my mood had stabilised and I was being quite positive. However, it only took a kind word from the nurse to have me weeping.

I just told my husband about your dream & your hubby's response, so many thanks for making us both laugh, which we particularly need - we are sitting in the hospital where I was admitted last Saturday on account of being neuropenic, very low blood count, and a suspected infection, even though I feel ok. So I have been blasted with antibiotics for three days. Whatever it is they are killing, they are not killing my mouth ulcers which are getting worse!

Take care
Athens x
Jbf57

Thank you for your replies - makes me feel much better knowing I'm not the only one! When I told my husband about the blonde girl in the bedroom dream, he said, wait for it, 'was she wearing any clothes?' Well, I nearly started up all over again and then decided to just laugh. Men! He thought he was being soooo funny ..... Got it wrong again! Love to all, hope everyone's getting some sunshine.xxxxx
cowgirl

Hi Jane,

No apologies to us.....we are your bald friends, remember.  We are feeling/thinking/saying the same things.  I am very impressed, however, that you can do an 8.5 mile walk - good for you!  I can't drag my sorry bones more than about a mile, maybe two. 

Lovewine

Hi jane, jumping in from April thread, don't apologise we all feel the same, I had a similar day last Sunday and was so full of rage to everyone, had to go out too for a walk before I Said or done something I regret to my family members!! Must say am impressed at your 8.5 mile walk though!! I managed about 2 miles before feeling worn out! Today's a new day, hope it's a better one for you.😄
Roxie65

Hi Jane

This is definitely the place to have a rant so rant away!!!  My friend finished her chemo in February and is always asking me have you had your angry day yet and then says you wait til you do.  Apparently during her chemo she had her angry day and she said others having chemo with her also did!

On her angry day she said she was having her bad day and then just went to her bedroom and it all hit her the why me, the anger, all she should have felt being diagnosed and going through treatment feelings.  She said I was throwing stuff and smashing things and she said she never behaves like that.  She said in her bedroom now she has a broken radiator cover that she done that day and she can't bring herself to ask her hubby to fix it as she said she was so horrible to him too and it acts as a reminder lol.

So laugh it off and put it behind you, this cancer affects us in so many ways and has to come out at some point emotionally.  Hopefully you will now feel better and more settled. xxxx

Ann123

Just big hugs for you.....you rant away and no need for apologies.

We have all been there him. That is what this site is here for. Xx

Jbf57

Apologies for my post, shouldn't have gone on like that, holidays can be rebooked next year, I know. So sorry. Janexxxx