cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting chemo in june 2014

Roxie65

Re: starting chemo in june 2014

Hi Cas

Good luck for Thursday will be thinking of you. x  I never had a mx so cant help you there but I am sure someone will come along with some helpful advice soon.

Big hugs xxxx

Cas164

Hope everyone is doing ok, I'm in for mx on Thursday feeling very apprehensive.

Any top tips for getting through it ?

Cas x
Roxie65

Hi Ria

So sorry to hear your suffering so much and I hope you start feeling better soon.  I am glad your chemo has started again and your back on track.  I agree with Julie about taking some time off if you can.  Your going through so much at the moment that you really need some time just to get on with the treatment.  Surely there is some sort of help out there that will benefit you at the moment and your breast care nurse will be the one who knows.  Do get in touch with her.

We are all here for you should you just need to vent steam, just put a message on here and we will reply as soon as we can.

Good luck witht he rest of your treatment and big hugs, will be thinking of you!!

xxxxxx

Julie286

Oops! Finished too soon... Look after yourself. Lots of love xxxx
Julie286

Oh Ria
I really feel for you. I was lucky enough to be able to stay home during chemo - thankfully my work were really good. Are there no benefits that you would be entitled to so that you could at least have some time off? Could your breast care nurse put you in touch with someone that could help. I think you're being so very brave - i can't imagine how you're getting through this - you're obviously stronger than you think. The dark days are very dark - but it will end and you will start to feel 'normal' again. Just try to keep that thought in your mind and take one day at a time - and take whatever help you you can get/are offered. Lots of cliches I know but honestly, you will get through this and when you do you should look back and be incredibly proud of yourself - chemo tests every single part of you, physically and emotionally - and getting through each day it's proof of how strong you are. Good luck honey. L
ria2056

Well hope everyone is doing ok, anyway resumed chemo Monday and went back to work. By Wednesday i was feeling like i had been run over by a bus, still feeling crap, started itching this morning, my nails have discoloured and ridged, i feel sick and  am really fed up.

Just feeling a little dispondant at the moment

Roxie65

Hi Everyone

Nice to hear how you are all getting on and fingeres crossed all goes well for you all.

I had stickers put on yesterday for the booster part of my rads which start in 7 days time (a bit early I thought) was told these stay on until treatment has finished and cant put cream on them (cream to stop me burning for other rads unti then).  Thought great a bit early as now bound to burn before then, but lo and behold I had an allergic reaction to the stickers that marked the area and had to have them removed today and they had to make up a plastic template to use.  Why on earth dont they just do that anyway when working with already sore and tender skin!  Sometimes I just wonder where the thoughts come from!

Still back on track and due to finish treatment on the 5th of November.  I then dont get any tablets or anything else as triple negative and they have found nothing so far for this.  I think maybe then I will feel a little scared that its then up to me to keep watch so to speak!

Love and hugs to you all xxxx

Julie286

Hi all!
Ria, 41 days with your drain???? Well done on going in to work tho - I know it's a necessity but honestly, well done, hope it wasn't too bad. How many chemos do you have left?
Cas, hope your getting pampered before your surgery?! And no, I'm not getting radiotherapy. Apparently they got enough margin around the tumour for me not to need it...... But a lot of people have been quite surprised that I'm not getting it - which makes me worry a bit sometimes, although to be fair, lots of things make me worry a bit right now!! So, as I had my mx in April, I'm kind of all done (treatment wise at least) -which feels really weird. As much as I didn't like being constantly at the hospital, it's a bit of a comfort blanket. Start my tamoxifen on Monday tho - fingers crossed for no side effects - am enjoying being side effect free!!
Merrill, will the soreness in the knees get better as time goes on? Hope so. Is there anything you can do to relieve the pain?
Runner, how are you doing after your op? Hope it all went well. Have been thinking about you.
Roxie, hope the radiotherapy is still going ok and you're not burning! You'll soon be done and then you can start to get your fitness levels back up. In the meantime, just rest when you need too - you're nearly there!!
Pixie, only a couple of weeks left!!! Are you then onto radiotherapy? Loving the sound of the turban!!!
Lots and lots of love to everyone.
Take care xxxxxxx
ria2056

Hi All

Well managed work ok even with my drain in, it finally came out after 41 days and what a relief, i had an infection where the stitch was pulling which caused a blister but it is clearing up nicely.

Back to oncologist this morning, bloods done and on monday back on chemo, finish the treatment then onto the radiothetapy.  i have never been so busy

Hope everyone is doing ok

cowgirl

Hi Everyone,

Runner, I have been sending good thoughts/prayers for you all day for your surgery....let us know how you are doing.  As Julie said, we have all had those dark days, and it helps to hear that it isn't just me....

I am doing pretty well now.  I have been on the arimidex/anastrozole pills for a month and I can tell you it is making my knees really stiff and sore.  I also still don't have a lot of energy and it is really hard to get motivated to get my work done - I work at home and don't have to go to an office, but I am way behind.  I still do too much sitting on the couch.  Chemo brain was real while I was doing chemo, but I thought it was gone - apparently not....  Roxie, I have that shaky legs thing, too.

Ria, How are things going for you? - I hope you are feeling a little better.  Have you had to start back to work?

Cas, I hope you get to have some fun before Nov. 6th. 

Love to all of you,

Merrill

Cas164

Hello Everyone,

I hope all is going well. I have just been out to lunch with a friend who went through this whole process a year ago. She looks fantastic and is such an inspiration. When I have a wobble I think of her and it gives me that little kick up the backside to realise that it is doable even if it is pretty rubbish at times.

Roxie I can't believe you have done a third of your radio already. I completely understand how frustrated you must feel at not being able to run like you did, however, by the sound of it you will be back to where you were in no time! Just be kind to yourself.

Julie awesome that you are coming through the other side of the chemo! Is it radiotherapy next for you? How are you feeling? I still sometimes wake up feeling like my legs are made of lead! I suppose you can't expect to be whiz zing around as normal when you've just come through weeks of chemo!

Runner I hope you are starting to feel better after your op and it all went to plan.

How is everyone else? Ria, Cowgirl and Pixie are your treatments going to plan?

I will be in for my mx and node clearance on November 6th. Pretty apprehensive but am trying not to think of it and want to enjoy the next 2 weeks as best I can. Seeing the surgeon just made it all to real :-((

Anyway onwards and upwards ,
Cas x
Roxie65

HI All

Good luck runner with your operation, look forward to hearing from you once your up to it!! Will be thinking of you!! xx

Ria I hope your feeling better now and that your back on course with the chemo! xx  

Julie good news that they dont consider your cancers were genetic and also brilliant that you will still get tested anyway as its always nice to know for definite even if there is not really a risk!!

Radiotherapy is going well a third of the way there already! Sore on the inside but not too bad but touch wood no burns so far just pink and hopefully I wont burn!!!  I feel rads are much easier on my body than the chemo was but still having side effects from chemo such as hot flushes, prickly skin and red bumpy skin especially on my face.  Did ask if this could be rads but they said its still from chemo as rads is only localised.  The fatigue is the hardest part and my fitness has gone completely.  My legs even get shakey if I try to walk too far etc.  Will be hard work getting back to my running after but determination has  got me this far and will see me through I am sure!!!

Good luck, love and hugs to you all as always xxxx

runner29

Hey, glad to hear you're doing well 🙂 I'm just in the hospital waiting to be taken on for my mastectomy and node clearance. They said my surgery will be this afternoon so just handing around waiting at the moment.

Actually not much hair has come through, there's a sprinkling of black dots poking through but nothing of note, think it was a premature hair celebration!! Using the shampoo bar from lush that's supposed to help but only started using it last week so we will see! Xxx
Julie286

Morning all!
How is everyone?
Ria, how are you feeling honey? How's it going with the wig? And have you started your last 3 chemos yet? There are some very dark days aren't there? But please don't feel that you can't let off steam on here - although we've all had very different treatment plans and bad experiences, and I'm fortunate that I'm now at the 'end' (if there is such a thing emotionally speaking!), I remember vividly that feeling that I couldn't carry on with it and it's just awful. Be kind to yourself, you will get there.
Cas, have you got a date for surgery yet? Roxie, how's the radiotherapy going? Nearly there!!!!! And pixie, you're nearly there too!! Runner, how's the hair growth going?!?! I'm almost 3 weeks since my final chemo and I'm hoping to see some growth soon, but because I still have some hair it's a bit hard to tell if it's coming through or not!
I had my appointment with the genetics clinic last week. They've had a look at my medical family tree and they don't see any link between my 3 cancers or the cancers that family have had - which is good news. I'm going to take part in some research, part of which will involve getting tested for the BRCA 1 & 2 genes (highly unlikely that I have either but will be good to know for the sake of my daughters).
Lots of love to everyone

Take care xxxxxxx
Pixie100

So pleased to hear your chemo was working after all, Ria. I'm still having chemo too and will be until 2 Dec. Understand how you feel about the wig, I don't like wearing mine either. I had an nhs wig which my hairdresser cut to match my style but it doesn't look right to me. i've worn it a bit for work but as I only go in once a week have not really had a chance to get used to it. I wear hats instead and bought a pretty 1920s style turban from the suburban turban website which I have been complemented on whenever I wear it.

I'm on a week off chemo this week and then go back to weekly sessions again next week. I'm so used to the chemo sessions now that I don't mind having it anymore, even with the cold cap! And the side effects with Taxol have been very manageable so far, although a lot of eyelashes have fallen out again and am expecting to lose them all. It's a reminder of how toxic the stuff is!!

Hope the radiotherapy is going ok for everyone who has moved on.

Px

Roxie65

Hi Everyone

Hope your feeling better Ria and if you cant let go to us who can you, we are all here for each other!!  Good news that the chemo was working after all and now you have to think surgery out the way and already halfway through your chemo so on the home run for chemo!!!

Sounds like we are all moving in the right direction at last so fingers crossed we all stay that way and get this dreadful ordeal out of the way soon.  Anyone who isn't please let us know so we can all support you!!

My hair is coming on a treat only thing is its as blond as the day I was born so doesnt look as thick as it would dark lol.  Although some gaps still what I do have is now lying flat on my head!!!

Started rads on Thursday and so far haven't felt a thing but only two done and they did advise that ladies who have had chemo start to burn from a week onwards if they are going to but many dont, so hopefully I wont!!  Getting so used to being topless around so many people now dont think I will have any inhibitions when the treatment is over lol normal 3 or 4 people in with me for rads and men amongst them lol.

Scared to try to lose any weight yet as the fact they take such care measuring and marking you for rads to avoid the heart and as much of the lungs as possible I dont want my size or shape to alter just in case lol.  Maybe I am being over cautious but only 4 weeks and after all this time I can wait another 4 weeks lol.

Good luck to you all and call on us if you need us!! Love and hugs xxxxx

cowgirl

Hi Ria, Cas and Everyone,

I am sorry that you are having such a tough time, Ria....but, it seems to be good news that your chemo is working - inspite of all the misery.  I understand how you feel about the wig - I hated wearing it during the summer, but now as the weather is getting cooler it is a bit more comfortable and I am getting used to it.  It feels like a fur hat and keeps my poor fuzzy head (not quite bald anymore) warm.  Remember that you can always vent with us....we are all there with you. 

Today we had a 90th birthday party for my aunt who had breast cancer 20 years ago (lumpetomy, chemo and radiation) and spent the past 20 years taking Femara and she is going strong.  I hope all of us do as well as she has.... 

We have lots of breast cancer in my family (my mom, my aunt, my cousin and my sister and now me - that is everyone in two generations except one sister and one cousin) and all of us have tested negative for the BC genes.  So this summer, because of my BC diagnosis, it was my turn to be tested and there are more genes that they have identified (they tested me for 8 genes), but it was still negative - weird.  We apparently have a BC gene that has not been identified yet. 

Gorgeous fall weather here - sunny, crisp and cool and the trees are all changing.

Love to all of you,

Merrill

Cas164

Hi Ria

Please don't feel defeated you have come so far already . You know the chemo was working, you've had the op so you are even closer to the finish line! Even if it was in a different order than expected.

With regard to the wig, the more you wear it the more used to it you will get. I put mine on and it makes me feel more normal than without. I don't wear it around the house and have been told categorically not to cook in it as it will end up frazzled!! But if you don't like it don't wear it and find something you are comfortable with.
I know it's not easy but you are not alone.
Be kind to yourself and never feel sorry for a winge, we are allowed.

Cas x
ria2056

Hi all

Well I finally have another treatment plan, after 3cycles of 3 different chemo treatments, then a sudden MX Half way through treatment and a drain that is still flowing 5 weeks later . Well it turns out the chemo was working but instead of shrinking my tumour it had been destroying it from the inside. So the next step is to finish off my chemo with 3 more cycles of Abraxane, then radiotherapy.

I am becoming a nervous wreck, my cold cap did not work with the abraxane, and my hair has just started growing back and its now going to all fall out, as i do still have some of my original length, so yesterday I went out with my wig,  it was the hardest thing I have done so far the psycological effect was frightening, not sure I can cope with it. To top things of even with everything I have to go back to work early as we are running out of money whislt on the treatment.

Sorry for the winge but I am feling absolutly defeated and run down

Cas164

Hi Julie,

I have 2 daughters as we'll 20 and 15 with a 19 year old son in the middle. I have also been referred for genetics testic but in this neck of the woods it takes up to 18 weeks from referral! I was all for having a double mx when it came to surgery but I think it will be a single to start with. I can always have it done at a later date I suppose. Unfortunately my mum passed away from bc when I was 14. Her bc was diagnosed at 40, I'm 49. I filled out a form 12 years ago and they said that I was at no greater risk than the general population ! How wrong they were. So I really need to know for my kids. I would hate them to have to go through this if they can do something about it .

I'll keep you informed on progress. Today so far has been fantastic! Put my hair on and was chauffeured to Waitrose by my son, spent a fortune but have to say thoroughly enjoyed the outing!! My eldest is home from university this weekend so really looking forward to having a family weekend when I can join in rather than wanting to sleep the day away,,

Enjoy your shopping trip, hope you treat yourself to something nice too.

Cx

Julie286

Morning!
Roxie, sounds like you're doing amazing - and I'm sure the oil is making a difference to your hair - just the act of massaging will help - stimulates the folicals I think? Ooh err mrs!!
Glad the radiotherapy has started well .... Surely can't be as bad as chemo??! I know a couple of people that went through it and they've said it's more tiredness that's the problem..... What's new?!! I think we could all get on the podium in the sleep Olympics!!! Hope you've got some really nice plans for when you're done? . I feel like I've got so much to cram in now - and I can't wait!!!!
Cas, so glad you're coming through 'the other side'. Now that you're that one week ahead of me you're like my little progress marker! It's been a tough week but this morning I feel like I'm getting there - by this time next week I'm hoping for a big difference. Really lost my appetite this time after the steroids wore off and have barely eaten all week - which is definitely a first! Weirdly no weight difference tho...... Might be due to living like a sloth all week - no calories required!!!! You have still got a lot to come - but honestly, give me surgery over chemo any day!! I had my mx at the end of April (with 'skin saver' reconstruction/expander) and it's all absolutely fine. Keep doing the stretches and massage the scar. I've only had one inflation so far so still have a 'man chest' on one side but booked in to get my next 'top up' at the end of the month.
Got an appointment at the genetics clinic on Monday .... Anyone else done that? I was referred by the dermatologist as when I discovered my bc lump I was still being checked following a melanoma and there's a possible link between skin cancer and bc. I'm hoping they'll give me advice about my daughters getting tested too.
Anyway, it's school holidays here and I'm taking my 17 year old clothes shopping..... Wish me luck!!!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend

Lots and lots of love xxxxx
Cas164

Hi All,

2 weeks since last chemo and finally feeling a little more human! I've got a week of appointments next week starting with the MRI, followed by heart scan, port removal and then seeing the surgeon on Friday and will find out when I will have mx .What an exciting week I will have, life is never boring with BC! So surgery is the next stage for me and then it will be radiotherapy. So still a long way to go :-(((

Roxie - good to hear that the radiotherapy was ok . I know there is lots of info on other threads about using different creams and also I read about using aloe vera gel to help protect the skin. What has your hospital recommended? Thrilled to hear about your hair. I've been oiling my head and it's feeling much better just need some hair now!

Julie I hope you are not feeling too exhausted, knowing it is the last chemo is a huge boost isn't it .

Hope everyone else is doing ok. It's always good to hear any top tips and morale boosting stories 🙂

Night night everyone .

Cas x
Roxie65

Hi Everyone

What a difference from chemo!  I started my radiotherapy today and found it painless and no side effects.  I know its early days 1 of 20 and they did say that as I had chemo I may find I start to burn after a week but everyone is different.  So I wil wait and see how I go but at the moment seeing an end in sight is such a good feeling!

Julie I feel good and my hair is growing fairly fast I swear I can see the difference daily!! Cant wait til my whole head is covered!!  Not sure how fast is would grow without the oil etc being rubbed in or if it even makes a difference but I look each morning and think yay its coming along nicely. Making lots of plans to get out and about now.

How is everyone else doing now do keep us informed, we are all here to support each other!

xxxx

Julie286

Hi all!
Pixie, good luck tomorrow - half way through, that's a proper milestone!! Enjoy the 2 weeks 'off'. I do a bit of tired and grumpy anyway - don't know what I'm going to do now I don't have drugs to blame it on!!! Good to reduce work if you can I've taken some time off - weirdly I feel less guilty not being in at all than only being able to do small amounts. And it meant that they could plan my cover etc better. Have to say I'm looking forward to getting back tho.
Roxie, do you start your radiotherapy Thursday? How you feeling? And is your hair still growing?!?! Have you been managing to get out and about?
How is the weather in Colorado Merrill?! Winter had arrived in scotland - but then disappeared again this afternoon!!
Are you coming out of the 'fog' yet cas? I think the weeks delay did me good in the end as I haven't felt as sick this last round. Went out Friday and Saturday .... But now the steroids have stopped I've crashed and burned! Couple of sofa and trashy tv days I think!!! Hoping by Friday the worst will be over and then time to find my new 'normal'!
Right, time to switch the lights out. How is it possible to sleep nearly all day and then be ready to sleep again by 10pm??!!
Lots of love and take care
Julie xxxx
Pixie100

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear you are all coming to the end of chemo and hope the side effects are soon a distant memory 🙂

I am doing well, have my next weekly taxol tomorrow then a two weeks off as I'm having a break after every third session. There are not too many side effects with the low dose taxol except get a bit tired and grumpy after a few days once the steroids have worn off but it's feeling like a manageable routine. I have not had any numbness in fingers and toes yet. Have cut back to three days work, it's good to have a bit more time to rest. After tomorrow I will be halfway through the taxol part of treatment and feels like the end is finally in sight!

Px
Roxie65

Hi Everyone

So glad all went well Julie for your last chemo!!!  Onwards and upwards now!

Today is 2 weeks to the day of my last chemo and this morning I woke and my hair isn't spikey like yesterday, today I have a furry feel to it so it must be growing YAY!!!  I was  so pleased I decided to try and go for a run.....lets just say that didnt go so well lol....I think actual running time was about 4 minutes and this was inbetween all the walking lol....still I made a start but am really tired now so that was obviously enough to start with.  

My side effects must have lifted because I now feel I want to get stuff sorted out indoors rather than just laze around feeling yuk so progress is being made.  This week I want to try and make some headway as next Thursday I start radiotherapy for 20 days so every day will be a hospital day except weekends plus it all adds to the fatigue so may not get much done during that time!!!

Feeling really positive and I hope lots of you are too!

Good luck with your treatment, love and hugs xxxxx

Julie286

Hi all

Well..... Chemo officially DONE!!! I'm so happy (and queasy and tired but what's new!). Not yet managed to dance on tables yet - but rest assured it's coming!!
Runner, can't believe your hair is growing back already - that's amazing. And also can't believe you're going through all of this and you're only 29 - doh - the name should have given it away...... I'm not 286 by the way!!!! Feel and look it some days but hoping to get back to my actual 45 years soon!
Cas - I'm definitely going to be kind to myself and listen to my body for the next couple of weeks - really don't want any last minute hiccups!
Off to bed now. Night all. Sweet dreams xx
runner29

Glamourous cry made me laugh!! Never been able to pull that off either!

Well it's now 2 weeks since my final chemo and I am beginning to get hair growing back! Don't know how as I thought it would be longer than this but I hair hair coming back on my legs prob half a cm long in places eek!! and about 1mm of stubble which I am glad to report is dark and not grey!! Was hoping not to be grey at 29!! Though saying that any hair is preferable to no hair...

So hair watch begins! 🙂 xxx
Cas164

Hi there,

Julie, hope you managed to pull off the 'glamourous cry' ! I hope it all went smoothly and you will have minimal S.E's . Ive totally hit that exhausted phase although it is so much more bearable knowing it is the last time I will have to go through it. I'm so excited at the thought of getting some hair back. Bless him even my postman this morning commented on the fact that it won't be long till I get the ' spike' look....

Be kind to yourselves, if one thing this process has made me realise that you have to listen to your body and go with the flow. So feet up for me again !

Cas x

Julie286

Morning all!
Roxie - glad the keratin stuff arrived ok and it's made a bit of a difference!
Well, just waiting for my husband to come back from the school run and then we're heading off for my last chemo. Feel a bit emotional and just hoping I can hold it together in the hospital. Have put mascara on my eyelash 'stumps' in the hope that this will encourage me to hold it in! Have never been able to pull off the 'glamourous cry' (like Cheryl Cole on x-factor!)! I'm more definitely the 'bloodshot panda' type cryer!!!

Kind of excited in a weird way!

Cas, how are you feeling a week in from your last one? Hope it's not hit you too hard?

Lots of love and hugs to everyone
Xxxxxxx
Roxie65

Julie thank you so much for the hair and spray really generous of you!!  Well I have just tried it out and the first thing I would say which I think you will agree with is that when you have so little hair as we are all starting off with then a shade darker than your normal hair colour would be better.  The fact that I have spikes all over my head has meant that I can get a really good coverage with the keratin hair as it has something to hold on to and so its great that most of my head now looks like it has a covering, still have a few bald spots where obviously did not have enough spikes to hold the keratin hair!!!  Definitely a confidence boost!!  Thank you so much Julie!! xx

The lady in the video is far to young to have had to go through this but she is an inspiration in the fact that she is so positive and by showing us all how quickly our hair grows (we dont notice it daily on ourselves) makes us all feel so much better.  Thanks to people like her life doesnt seem so glum!!

Wow Merrill what a lovely part of the world to live that must be wonderful!!! So many beautiful places to go.

I am now day 12 of my last chemo and I actually feel almost normal again still a slight metallic taste that makes me want to keep eating so I dont feel sick and a few slight niggles of side effects but knowing I am not going through it again has made a huge difference. So Julie you dont have long now before you will feel life is returning to normal, I am even tidying cupboards etc, obviously treatment messed with my head lol.

All in all through the chemo I have put on nearly 2 stone and I am itching to lose this nearly as much as growing my hair but now I have been tattooed I dont want to risk the machine lining up wrong and zapping my heart so will have to wait patiently before working on the fat!!!  Still this gives me more time to massage my head and moisturise my skin and get them back into shape!!  There is no place for vanity during chemo but I am focusing on the fact that other people never get the chance to have the exfoliation we got during chemo and the new cell regeneration for our hair, nails and skin and so we will all come out of this like butterflies from a chrysalis lol!!!

Good luck to all those for their next chemo love and hugs to you all xxxxx

Cas164

Wow Cowgirl , would so love to be on the beach with you in California !! The rain has just started here in England .

Great you got out for a hike, I feel like I've been living the life of a hermit the past few months. I'm so looking forward to enjoying the normal things in life which I so took for granted before. I will never moan about me being the only one who walks the dog ever again!!!!

Julie hope you are feeling ready to take on the last chemo challenge. I will be listening out for the partying 🙂

Roxie have you had a go with the hair fibres yet? Id never seen them before.

We'll better get on with a few chores !

Casx
cowgirl

Hi Everyone and Julie and Roxie,

That video of the lovely young woman and her hair growth made me cry, too....she is much to young to have to go through all this!

Julie, we are going to Southern California and the beaches are there are really nice and the weather is fairly warm in November.  We can drive there, because we live in Colorado (Rocky Mountains.)  

Went on a long hike today and it was beautiful, but I am aching all over tonight - some combination of the anastrozole pills and a lack of fitness from all the chemo exhaustion. 

Love to all of you,

Merrill

Roxie65

Thanks Julie!! xxx
Julie286

Roxie - I went to the post office on Friday - but didn't realise our little local one is only part time so they closed at 12 - so I'll pop in tomorrow morning and post the hair
I'm now 4 days in to my weeks delay on my last treatment and I this is the best I've felt since I can't remember when....... Which I'm hoping means that three and a bit weeks after my last one on Wednesday and I'll begin to see light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend.
xxxx
Ps if you want a good laugh, go on to the August thread and read the email one of the ladies has sent to tesco - it's brilliant!!! Xxx
Cas164

That video was fantastic, I hope I can rock a shot hairstyle as well as she did. Thanks for posting it Roxie it certainly makes me really excited to see what my hair will grow back like!

Have a good weekend everyone .

Cas x
Julie286

Oh, that video made me cry (doesn't take much at the minute - watched long lost family last night and was in pieces!). What a lovely girl - and she's just gorgeous with her short hair. I hope hair doesn't grow back then fall out again 😢

Merrill - the beach sounds like bliss - somewhere hot and sunny?! How did you get on with insurance?

Ria, how are you feeling after your mx? And how did you get on with your appointment about continuing chemo? Did they decide you should complete the final 3? Hope everything's ok?

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roxie65

Hi Merrill

So glad your treatment is now going ahead albeit different to what was first planned.  It might be that the new treatment you are on is slowing down your heair growth at the moment as some treatments apparently do.  I hope however your hair soon grows and that you dont lose the fuzz, as we all know once we get something we want to do everything in our power to keep it!!

I have attached a thread link that my friend send me which shows hair growth and it did make me feel better so will give you an idea if its your treatment just slowing you down.

http://blog.thebreastcancersite.com/hairgrowth/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=bcsfan&utm_campaign=hai...

I hope you enjoy the beach!!

xxxx

cowgirl

Hi Everyone,

I am so glad to hear how upbeat you are sounding and that so many of us are doing better now.....Since I couldn't have my last chemo (due to the overwhelming vertigo it caused), I am about 8 weeks out and now am taking Arimidex (aka anastrozole) every day.   While I am feeling a whole lot better after the chemo ended, this Arimidex stuff is really hard on my joints/bones - mostly my knees and my spine.... My hair is still just darned white ducking fuzz and I was hoping that by now it would be growing more, but I didn't use the cold caps.  I read somewhere that this fuzz will fall out before my real hair starts to grow again - I hope that isn't true.  As a treat to mark the end (I hope!!!) of this misery, we are planning to get away the beach next month.

Love to all of you,

Merrill 

Roxie65

Have sent you a message and it should show at the top right of the page. x
Julie286

Ps. I have no idea!!! X
Julie286

No problem! Do you know how to private message on this forum so you can give be you're address? Xxx
Roxie65

Hi Julie
Mid blonde really so I would think they would be the choice lol. Thanks I would appreciate that. xxx
Julie286

Hi Roxie
What colour is your hair? I have a tub of 'dark blonde' sprinkles which are too light for me..... You're welcome to have them and give them a try? Xxx
Roxie65

The L'oreal stuff can be bought anywhere I believe it only helps condition the head and root etc to encourage growth.  I got mine in boots I think.

Have just had a look at some of those keratin fibres but where I see it its on one of those get a free sample and end up paying for a reapeat order so anyone know where you can just buy what you want and not have to sign up for anything and also which one is good.  I want to try that until you can no longer see my scalp as I am not very confident with my scalp showing.

Thanks everyone!! xxxx

Julie286

Ahhh banana and chocolate chip muffins!!!! Delish!!! My whole day seems to revolve round food in the 3rd week when my taste buds start to wake up!! Been out for breakfast today, dinner tonight, dinner again tomorrow - definitely making the most of my 'bonus' week!! I've been doing the cold cap and so I still have some hair - although it's quite bald on top, but I can still get away with a wide hair band. However, when it starts to grow back in I think I'll need to get it cut very short (it's shoulder length at the moment) or I'll end up with a mullet!!!! I have bought some nanogen shampoo and conditioner for when it starts to come back in and when I know what colour it's going to be (been a long time since I've seen my natural colour so who knows!!) I'm going to get some of their keratin hair sprinkles - have heard good things about them, and the shampoo/conditioner, and the reviews are very good. Will try the l'oreal stuff too tho - happy to try anything!!!
Definitely going to be dancing on the tables next week ..... If I'm not sleeping!!! Who knew it was possible to sleep so much?!
Hope everyone is doing well

Lots of love and hugs xx
Cas164

HI All,
Yes I think knowing it was the final one has made it much better, so overjoyed I've been baking banana and chocolate chip muffins , with a spot of gardening after! Now I need to go and put my feet up!! I've found overall the docetaxol much better to tolerate than the FEC although I do find it hits me on about day 7 for a few days . To be honest I think I'm on slow speed anyway compared to what I used to be, sometimes I feel if I go any slower I will be stationary!!

Julie I started the herceptin with chemo 4. So in a way when I left all the lovely people in the unit yesterday I was quite happy that I would still be seeing them every 3 weeks for my herceptin ! I'm sorry your last one was delayed. You are right to look on it as a bonus week and it will be far better to have it when you are on tip top form. I will be listening out for your partying and dancing on the tables!!!

Thanks for the tip about the Loreal oil - what's the best place to get it? Is it available in most supermarkets?

Right off to put my feet up ..... Or maybe a quick muffin fIrst with a cuppa !

Love and hugs to you all.

Cas x

Roxie65

Hi 

Had my last chemo on the 18th and crashed this time lol.....never slept so much but its only been dozing not proper sleeping.  Still feeling sick and have the metallic taste that if I am not eating makes me feel sick lol.  Have put on so much weight but now I have been measured up for radiotherapy not sure I can chance losing as the measurements will all be wrong.

My hair gets spikey week 3 on all my chemo treatments and at the moment its pure white spikes but as its only 7 days not sure if I will lose this before it grows again.  I have been massaging L'oreal extroadinary oil into my scalp as was told this will help growth and keep my scalp in good condition.  My daughter did say this morning how quick my hair is growing but until this next week is out the way am worried I may still lose it!

Good luck to everyone with their treatment!! xxxx

runner29

I had my last one on 17th Sept so 8 days ago now and I think knowing it's the last one has definitely made it easier, been feeling a bit more positive too.

I wondered if anyone has any idea how long after the last chemo our hair follicles might recover and start to grow again? I'm desperate for even a number 2 all over!! Xx
Julie286

Morning!
Hi Cas, I was thinking about you yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed that everything went ok for you. So delighted everything went ahead ok for you. I've been delayed a week as my neutrophils were only 0.5. They've been low each time but they're usually around 0.9/1 the day before so he's recommended waiting a week. Have to say I was gutted (especially as I feel fine) - however I've decided that I'm treating this as a bonus week of feeling normal(ish!) and certainly better that than risk an infection when I've come this far without one. And I'm hoping that going in to my last one I'll be feeling much better than I normally would and maybe that will make the side effects a little easier?? Who knows!!!! So much guessing involved in all of this! Do you start on your herceptin straight away? Hope the side effects of number 6 are kind to you - I wonder if the happiness of it being the last one makes it any easier?!
How is everyone else? Xxxxxx