Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting rads on 10th nov

213 REPLIES 213
Highlighted

Re: starting rads on 10th nov

Wemblo,
Sorry to hear your frustrations re progress...good that you've got the blood tests done. I felt dizzy like my head was going to roll off and away a few weeks after end of radio and had been thinking it was side affects of radio....turned out I'd become v anaemic...been on iron tabs now for couple of months, no longer get dizzy but still struggling with fatique and a few hours back at work.
Hope the results indicate something which can be readily sorted.
Seabreeze x
Highlighted

Hi there November ladies. Would love to hear how you're all getting on and compare notes. I seem to be going backwards. Was building up my excercise regime nicely, logging my walks as motivation but in the last 2/3 weeks my energy levels have dropped. At first I thought I was maybe getting a cold or similar but nothing has developed. I feel breathless, dizzy and headaches most of the time when I try to do anything. Finally given in today and had blood tests. Results next week. Fingers crossed.
Highlighted

Congrats the ladies who've finished today. Keep slapping the creams on and hopefully your skin will be fine. I've now got pink shiny new skin where my burn was, I finished 2 weeks ago today. So if youre at that stage hang in there it does get better. Just a little bit itchy but might even treat myself by wearing a bra to go out in tonight. It's the small things that make you feel you're getting your life back. Had a call today from my radiotherapy department to see how I'm getting on and to give me the date of my follow up appointment with the oncologist , the end of Jan. Energy levels not back to normal yet but that could also be due to nterrupted sleep from tamoxifen night flushes. I'll tackle that issue after Christmas I think. I'm sure I'll bump into some of you again on different threads, thanks for all the advice and suggestions on here Take care xxx
Highlighted

Hello

Thanks for all the Christmas good wishes and I'm sending lots of Merry Xmases to you all too and Happy healthy New Years.  You've all been really great listeners and been really encouraging throughout so thanks for that - its definitely helped me as I was struggling at the end of 10 months after 3 big treatments.

I think its the end of this thread for me as my rads finished 10 days ago and my itchy skin seems to be peaking and now I'm waiting for it to flake off- lovely, not!  Might be itch free for Xmas but I don't get a follow up until March with radiotherapy as they said it continues to work for several months.  Hope everyone still on rads gets some comfort from itching by Xmas too.

I'll be moving to the Tamoxifen and hormone threads now.   My medicine is Relonchem and I've now begun to take it at night but seen no difference in hot flushes yet.....  Got an assessment meeting today with a local complementary therapy charity about menopause symptoms and acupuncture.  Hope they can fit me in soon.  I'll be posting messages now with my blogs on acupuncture to reduce hot flushes!

Its been lovely exchanging messages with you all.

Take care of yourselves xxx

Highlighted

Good morning ladies, , , 

well it seems that the thread is almost coming to an end now. Its my last zap today and i cant believe how fast the last five weeks have gone. It all seemed so daunting at the start but it really has gone fast and so so easy after chemo. My team of nurses have been just wonderful and i could not have wished for better treatment from them or my consultant dr. I will be seeing her today after my last zap and will no doubt get a follow up in two to three weeks time. But at least i can take a well earned break for christmas,, this puts my long ten months of hospital treatment to an end, got plenty of follow up appoitments already booked for next year.my skin is holding up quite well and the team said i am doing really well considering how many zapz ive had so I'm pleased with that,   I'll be properly well done by xmas lol. 😉

us christmas birds will be all ready and prepared for the big day ha ha. 🙂

i would just like to thank you all for coming along to join me on my radiotherapy joirney and wish you all the very best for christmas and the new year. And to those that still have some zaps to go take care and keep putting on the lotion.

love and best wishes to you all

deelush x x 

p.s. i may be meeting up with some of you in the hormone therapy threads. . See ya. .x

Highlighted

Good morning, hope everyone"s doing ok, well, as well as can be expected. Can't believe this is my last zap, by 8.30 this morning I hope to be walking out of the Rosemere Centre in Preston (brilliant place) having finished! Well, for the time being anyway, not sure what might be coming up for me, but not focussing on that right now. Driving down to Bristol later today to help my son move. Going in two cars so just have to hope my husband makes it some time today, lol, he seems to struggle to follow instructions from Mrs Sat Nav! Anyway rambling on now, can't believe it's the last zap, so to all of you having your last zap, my very warmest wishes to you, pat yourselves on the back that you've completed the course, and to those of you with some more to go, you'll soon be in this place too, and for a lot of you it will be before Christmas, which has to be something to celebrate! Take care everyone, and have a great weekend. Btw, the weather is blooming awful up here! Love Janexxxxx
Highlighted

Forties I had reflexology yesterday and mentioned my hot flushes. The lady doing my treatment said acupuncture was brilliant and it had worked for her so I'm booked in next week. I'm lucky that we have a holistic centre in the hospital and they offer 4 complimentary treatments for cancer patients and their families which has been wonderful. The therapist said it takes about 3 weeks to kick in and I'm sure she said it was effective for 90% of people. X
Highlighted

Hi Forties, i take my tamoxifen last thing at night as i am getting into bed, otherwise i would forget, its on my bedside cabinet. I figure if im going to have bad sweats id rather it be during the night whilst im at home, wouldnt want them in the daytime whilst im out and about my bloomin wig makes me sweat as it is, and as my hair is growing quite quick and thickening up its getting difficult to keep it on lol, which brand are you on. X x
Highlighted

Hello

Sounds like you have got your husband sorted (pyjamas and cool bedroom) -now its time to focus on yourself!  Hope your skin is not too itchy, as mine is, and of course it feels worse with hot flushes!

I've been asking my bcn about hot flushes as I'm getting really frustrated by them now (6 months of them!) and acupuncture has been recommended so I'm going to investigate that today.  I need to give something complementary a try as I don't really want to take another medicine to combat them (just yet).  Its also been suggested to take my Tamoxifen at a different time of day to see if that has any effect.  I can now address this problem as my other treatments are finished and I was just too bogged down before.

Hope everyone's skin is being good.

Highlighted

Hi Wemblo, glad your not doing too bad, will bear in mind about the cream if needed, tamoxifen night flushes you and me both 😞 but must admit since its gone cold out they are somewhat better, but i sneakily turn the central heating thermostate down when hubby isnt looking on our way up to bed and ive turned the radiator down in the bedroom too, i got him a pair of pyjamas for his birthday and he said he feels like a grandad in them, lol, but i am like well wear them or be cold im sorry but im sweating and boiling hot during the night and so cant stand the heat, hes a good lad and is doing as he's told, ha ha,
take care
deelush x x
Highlighted

Hi jbf57, hope all goes well for your last week and your skin stays trouble free
take care
deelush x x
Highlighted

Hi sodastream, vanity id go with normality, its not vanity in my opinion nothing wrong with wanting to look and feel normal again, youve done the hard part now just need to gear yourself up for the next part, i can understand the putting yourself through it bit though when all we want to do is have a break from hospitals etc, but i know youll get there. Good luck for the rest of the week and hope your skin holds up ok too.
take care
deelush x x
Highlighted

Good luck ladies who are finishing soon. My last boost was Nov 28th although it seems longer ago now. I did get a burn under my boob which was sore but with the help of Flamazine and going braless it is now nearly healed so if you're suffering, hang in there, it will improve. Just at the itchy stage now and shedding skin like a snake (so attractive) Energy levels not back to normal yet but I can definitely see improvement. My biggest problem now is my Tamoxifen night flushes, would love a solid nights sleep as I'm sure that would help my fatigue. Stay positive ladies xxx
Highlighted

Last zap on Friday too, can't wait! Take care everyone xxx
Highlighted

Hi Deelush, I finish on Friday too. That's it for me then until I decide I'm ready to tackle the reconstruction journey which I think will be the hardest part for me. Up until now all the treatment has been necessary in order to save my life however I'll find it difficult to put myself through surgery again for vanity however I'm young and hopefully will reap the reward for doing so for any years. Good luck this week and I'll keep everything crossed that your skin holds up. X
Highlighted

Good morning ladies, hope those of you that are still having zaps are doing ok, ive got my last five boosts this week and am starting to get a little sore now but nothing major as yet. Will be seeing my lovely dr on friday after my last zap and then will be free from hospitals for the christmas period, unless my skin decides to play up and i need to get some medication for it (Fingers crossed it doesn't ) 

anyone else finish this week ??

Take care 

deelush x x 

Highlighted

Thank you for your replies, and I know I have to just get through this the best way I can. Have turned into itchy Robin Redbreast, so using hydrocortisone cream on top of E45 as per hospital instructions. Have to keep telling myself I'm not Wonderwoman and do people really expect me to do as much as I normally do? 4 nails now gone, my darling daughter keeps telling me they don't look so bad! Hoping by Christmas I'll be able to enjoy a glass of wine or two, can only hope! My hair is growing back, unfortunately the top looks like a rug (white with a few dots of silver grey - I'm 57) and I'm sure if a brick was dropped on my head it would just bounce off!!! Can't wait for this next week to be over, I've got all 8am spots so hoping will be seen on time and be back in the car before 8.30am. I've a round journey of just over 50 miles, and compared to some of you this is nothing! Thanks for your support, it's such a relief to get things off my chest(!!). Btw, any June chemo posters out there, the thread seems fairly quiet? Take care one and all, xxxxx
Highlighted

Hello

Sorry you wanted to rant in the early hours but I did the same on here a few weeks ago and felt much better afterwards.  I hope your Saturday turned out ok in the end.  Its n

o wonder you are feeling not yourself as sleep disturbance and deprivation makes everything much harder to cope with.  I was really wakeful with the steroids for chemo and would go nearly a week each cycle without sleep!  The slightest stress from my kids and I had to walk away so I didn't lose it!  I still wake every night with hot flushes which makes me tired and irritable too.

I finished my rads early this week and now the blisters are beginning to show which are really itchy.  This makes me even more irritable as the hydrocortisone cream doesn't seem to calm it much!

My moods go up and down often and I'm sure others do too - its normal.  I picked up some really good Macmillan leaflets at the hospital which are for patients and partners to read -all about emotions and how you might feel when you get to the end of treatments - I'd recommend you have a read. I've also tried to tell friends and family that its not quite all over yet, but I know its hard for them to understand how I feel.

Take care fro the rest of the weekend.  Remember you only have a week left of daily hospital visits- then you get some freedom back and are no longer a hospital patient!

Highlighted

Jbf57, wine tasting like vinegar!!! No wonder you're feeling so low. Sorry I shouldn't joke but I know exactly how you feel as I was as miserable as hell when I had no taste it really got me down especially when I craved chocolate to cheer me up but couldn't taste it. I finished chemo at end of August and luckily my taste is back however I no longer gag on my daily penicillin which is a blessing. I was also being very smug at not losing any nails but then lost 1 two weeks ago and have a plaster over my thumb to stop that one falling off. I've just had a gel manicure done to cover them up as they look awful and hopefully this will help hold the others on.
After radiotherapy is that it? I'm glad you're posting your feelings on here as that always help. We all recover at different speeds so the only advice I can give is take it day by day and you'll get there eventually. X
Highlighted

Hi, I haven't posted since chemo, so several weeks have passed (finished 24 Sept, then more surgery on 18 Oct). Have had 15 zaps and have 5 boosts to go. Still suffering se's from chemo, my nails are so dreadful I wear gloves the whole time I'm out of the house (3 nails lost, only 7 to go, why can't they just all go at the same time and get it over with?) I thought my taste was improving but it's still bad, wine tastes like vinegar still, how unfair is that? Body clock up the creek, wake before 4am everyday without fail & can't get back to sleep because my mind's racing, husband thinks I should be back to his sexy wife by now, but I'm nowhere near that place yet, and feel I never will be. Christmas is driving me mad with everything that needs to be done, even though I'm putting myself under pressure and nobody else. Basically I just want to know when will I start to feel like me again and not this cardboard cut out? No answer to that really, we're all different. I think I'm just ranting now, as I can't really say any of this to anyone, even though I've got great friends who've supported me all the way through and a husband who's tried to be supportive and failed miserably at times. Apologies, there are lots of you out there who've had a terrible time I know, but I just want to be me again. Take care all of you, sorry for this post. Enjoy your weekend xxxx
Highlighted

Congratulations Mel51 for completing your rads, hope the skin stays good , now you can look forward to no appointmnts for a while and enjoy christmas.:)

take care 

deelush  x x

Highlighted

Hello

Congrats on getting to the end of the rads.  I feel a bit strange and empty too having finished on Tuesday although, there is no rest for the wicked for me, as my daughter is now off sick from school so I'm in caring mode - well not too caring as she's stuck in front of the telly and I'm on the computer!!

You are right that friends and family are ready to celebrate but I've already made a point  to them that it is not all over yet as I'm waiting for physio on my shoulder and I need to sort out the hot flushes and night sweats!!  These are just the physical effects - the psychological ones run deeper!

I think we should be getting a follow up with our BCN fairly soon to tell us about follow up and help available to us.  Do you look at the NICE guidelines online as they tell you what the current standards are for treatment and follow up?

Interestingly, I read today that there is a guidline about age 40 cut off point for rads and boosters for certain early breast cancers.  My hospital were following the guidelines to a T.

Enjoy your Christmas tree now its up.

Highlighted

Mel well done for completing your treatment and what a lovely way to celebrate by putting up the Christmas tree (hopefully whilst singing to Christmas carols and enjoying a tipple or two).
I've read articles and spoken to friends that have all been through this and the common factor was they found the most difficult part was when treatment had finished. They felt they were on their own and people expected them to be the same person they were before cancer but we all know that's ever going to happen. Enjoy the next few days getting ready for Christmas.
I had a totally surreal experience yesterday. Went for rads and receptionist said they were having a nightmare as half the machines were out of action so there were long delays. I sat down and started reading my book when I got called through where they were all apologising for delay but I explained I'd only been there 2 minutes. After rads had review meeting where again I was called in within 2 minutes of finishing rads so in all I was in and out of hospital in less than 30 mins although one lady was still waiting having been there 4 hours. Strange.
Highlighted

Well I finished 15 sessions plus 8 boosters yesterday and in celebration I put up my tree! What
I was really surprised about was just how emotional I felt once I returned home. I felt fine before and during, but burst into tears once I got home. It's probably relief and I think they were happy tears. I've not really got that upset through this process until recently so it's probably sinking in now. Well, I'm off to have a couple of days pottering and not having to drive to the hospital. Ladies your day will soon be here! Heads up and only two more until the weekend xx

It has been good to find others are going through the same things and what is happening to you is "normal". Onwards and upwards.

Highlighted

Hi pippapup, congratulations on finishing your rads, hope the skin heals up well

take care

deelush x x 

Highlighted

Congratulations Forties on completeing your rads,  and all your treatment,enjoy your celebration you so deserve it.

take care

deelush x x 

Highlighted

Hi Forties,
Good that you got an answer but it v slightly conflicts with how I was treated...
I'm in my early/mid 40's, lump gr 2, clear margins except for tiny patch of DCIS near the skin. Not sure that tiny patch of DCIS was why I had boosts? Maybe it was? Really don't want to worry you given you have checked with them. Or it may have been because my lump size was hovering between grade 2 and grade 3...highly oestrogen positive hauled me back to gr 2.
X
Highlighted

Hello

I got my answer about 'no boosters'.  I'm too old-my hospital gives them to the under 40s but  also to anyone of any age who's surgery margins are not as clear as mine.  So I'm happy with that explanation and will feel now that I've had all the treatments possible to get rid of the cancer ( for good).

I'd love to say its all over but its not yet as I'm waiting for physiotherapy on my now weak shoulder and I want to sort out these constant, annoying and sleep disturbing hot flushes!

I'll have a celebration anyhow at completing the 'official 3 treatments'.  My children think its the end and have been through plenty so we'll have an immediate  family treat -probably a cinema trip to see Paddington Bear.  Should be fun!  

I might have finished but I'm still thinking of you all and hoping everyones skin holds up, treatments go according to plan and you all get the care you need to get through.

Keep on looking after yourselves and adding messages to help each other.

I might start to add some thoughts to the hormone and Tamoxifen threads!!  Maybe the moving on ones too..........

Highlighted

Thanks Forties.

i hope your lasr rads goes ok and that your all fighting fir for christmas. I some times dispair at the drs who seem to have no idea about their patients, as you say they should read the notes before they call you in so they understand your treatment plan etc. Will see what rads nurse says later. Hope you get an explanation as to why no boosters needed.

take care

deelush x x

Highlighted

Hello

I'm really sorry to hear you do not feel happy about your treatments at the hospital recently - and by your description it sounds like a complaint worth acting on. Drs should be reading notes over before they speak to and treat patients.  I hope you are supported by the hospital in your queries. 

Whilst on chemo I  saw a dr at the cancer hospital with a stomach rash and he sent me home with cream for hives.  I wasn't totally happy with the diagnosis but unsure about flu like symptoms as chemo gave me those anyhow!  3 days later I went to my GP who took a swab of the spots and I was diagnosed with shingles!!!  As I was immunosuppressed for several more months, I then took anti virals  too on top of all the other stomach drugs, bone marrow boosters  and antibiotics etc.  One oncologist did comment that my prescription " ..was a meal in its own right!"  Luckily I was in a mood to be humoured at the time!!!!!

My last treatment today and the final time to feel like a whiteboard, or rather a pink board as it now is!!!

Got a few questions written down for the dr too so I don't forget as this could be my last meeting for a while although I think my bcn is going to meet me for a follow up chat.  I'm definitely asking why I don't need boosters when I also had a lumpectomy - I'll let you all know.

Hope todays treatments run on time for everyone.

Highlighted

I get soreness when I sleep on my rads side which appears to come from the side of my breast. It's tender and when I move to turn over it's sore too. I was told this is completely normal. I've also had some shooting pains throughout and that's normal too. 2 left and I'm really happy because I'm getting very tired now. Think I'll be having a relaxing end to my week. Celebrating the end of rads by buying and decorating the Christmas tree on Wednesday ( I'm a big kid really!). Got appointment with onc on the 17th to discuss my periods whilst on Tamoxifen. You may remember that I mentioned it on this thread. The onc doesn't feel it's necessary to suppress my ovaries, but wants to talk It through with me in person.
Highlighted

Thanks Sodastream, im 14 down now last normal one today (15) then 8 boosts, my skin is holding up really well. I had terrible pains down my rads side last night but i think it was stitch, not had any pains really to complain about, so, so far so good. Fingers crossed it stays that way.  i would mention the ribs pain to the rads team when you go today but its probably from treatment, they always seem to be able to put our minds at rest.

take care

Deelush x x

Highlighted

Dee lush sorry you've experienced this as it is frustrating. I saw an oncologist once when my usual one was away and he told me I was only having 6 cycles when I'd been told all along I was having 8. He prescribed extra steroids so I could have doxetaxol next cycle. When I asked for some constipation relief he told me to eat more greens then to drink more water and get up and exercise. I was absolutely flabbergasted especially when at the next chemo the pharmacist queried my chemo so the nurse checked with my original oncologist and I was having 8 cycles so he'd completely got it wrong. I didn't have the energy to complain but I said if I ever had to see him again I'd ask for a different dr and tell him why however that occasion never arose.
Well I'm 6 down only 9 more to go. I only found out yesterday that the wax they out on me is to boost the radiotherapy and I only need it for half of the sessions. I thought it was to protect my skin as I'd had a mastectomy!!!
No side effects however I am feeling like I've got bruised ribs and its difficult to sleep on that side, has anyone else experienced this?
Hope no machines break down for anyone today. X
Highlighted

Thanks Mel51, i am going to verify today with my rads nurses that this other dr did indeed have my notes to hand so could see which type of boosters i am to receive and that he wrote no comments on my notes file and then take it from there. my husband is not happy.  I'll probably have to complian in writing so will need to get an address off them. I wouldn't say he was particularly rude just felt there was no need for the meeting or to be stripped off and drawn on as it wasnt required. Oh and i did have to ask him not to press down on my boob with what ever it was he was using to line up the marks as they are painful, you'd think he'd know this and be careful !!!

take care

deelush x x

Highlighted

Have followed this thread whilst going through radiotherapy at the same time. Just wanted to say now I've finished have sore area under boob but am grateful that if I'd have had smaller boobs might have been a mastectomy. Team at st James Leeds could not have been kinder. And having talked to friends abroad, especially the USA, I thank UK for the NHS. 

Highlighted

Hope all goes well tomorrow Daltocat. Thinking of you.

Dee lush - sorry you felt the impersonal arm of the NHS. I've felt this step of my treatment to be a little impersonal, but not to your extent. I'd play on the fact that his manner was rude and not what you've come to expect if you do complain. I'd also say that it's now clear he didn't know your case at all and it's poor care.

My machine broke down today whilst I was on it!! Had to hold position for 25 mins! Nevermind only 2 more to go. They were lovely though and very apologetic.

Hope tomorrow goes well ladies, x
Highlighted

Hi ladies, 

so im just back from hospital and told the nurse in rads that i was concerned about the marks etc, and she said she would go and have a word with my dr why i was getting set up on the bed so she could come and check the marks and re do them if necessary, i sais yes please i would like it checked.

so the nurse comes back and says, you dont need the marks your not having that type of booster yours will be done and lined up using your tatoos, this was all in my notes so the dr i saw on friday should have been aware of this and he didnt even write anything in my notes just drew on me, i now feel that the wait in clinic on friday which was a long wait ( two hours) was a complete and utter waste of time and i feel vialated that i was drawn on by a male dr for no apparent reason, im not happy he had my notes he knew what type of boosters i was having. Would you complain if it was you ??

Deelush x x

Highlighted

Thanks wemblo. Didnt get shown any scans or mention of marks so really not sure about any of it. I will ask about this too later.
deelush x x
Highlighted

Deelush

With regards to boosts, my oncologist showed me the CT scans. When my tumour was operated on the surgeon placed a marker in the tumour bed which showed up as a dark dot on the scan. The planning team took their measurements from that and produced the metal template which was placed in the machine. The bed settings were totally different to my normal rads. I wasn't drawn on at all during boosts. Sorry you're having such a bad experience. Personal hygiene of the staff should be their first lecture when training, totally unacceptable. As for scrubbing your skin.....he has a real understanding of what we go through...NOT. Hope you get a chance to ask the questions today. I finished on Friday and I must say fatigue has been worse yesterday and today. I'm hanging in there hoping to see my energy levels improve soon x
Highlighted

Thanks Seabreeze,

im definatley going to query it this evening, because if i dont and just think oh well they know what they are doing (which they most often do)  i will just worry like crazy after treatment has finished and regret not saying something thinking it wasnt right and i wasnt given boosts in correct place. I'll post later this evening with their response .

deelush x x 

Highlighted

Deelush,
That's not a moan, it's a valid concern and query!
Quite rightly you need to check with another radiologist at the hospital.
And those pens vary in what washes off, even the radiologists themselves acknowledge that!
Go forth and get the explanation/checks you need! No more unwashed Man Friday!
Seabreeze
Highlighted

Thats what i thought area around where the lump was, i had very good clear margins after surgery didnt need any further clearance so bit confused. i just feel that the box marked isnt quite where i was expecting it to be, and as clinic was running very late on friday i didnt get to see my specialist lady, they brougth in back up staff to clear the waiting room and i saw a quy so wasnt really happy about this and didnt want to be in with him any longer than necessary, when he said he was going to mark me up i asked what with he said pen i said oh will it not wash off i have to have a shower every morning because i am dripping wet with sweat at night and he said oh do you !!!!!!!!!! I was like err mate i couldnt leave the house without a shower or expect the rads team to man handle me knowing i wasnt clean....what the .....he then said well just dont scrub that area .....scrub really.....i said the sweating at night will wash the marks off before i get into the shower . . it was obvious by his aroma when he lent over me to check his markings that he doesn't shower every morning.....the nurse that was in with him just looked at me gob smacked when he said oh you shower everyday, when he left the room she kindly gave me a new sealed marker pen so i could top my lines up after i have showered. I just feel like it was all rushed and i am concerned its not the right place, the boosters are important and theres no point in having them if they are not treating the area they are supposed to, i want to see my lady dr. .i dont feel happy. . .  Moan over

deelush x x

Highlighted

Deelush,
For me it was focused around the area of the lump, zap boost radius being about 5cm, 10cm diameter.
Have you considered the results of the tests on the margins? If there was anything in the margins, even ductal carcinoma in situ that may have made them shift the centre a tad? (They would have told you results of margins after op). Definitely ask, or it may be as simple as they zap as much of the area around the lump and the ducts if that's the type of bc?
It seems diff hospitals take diff approaches re mark up for boosts. Yes they drew over me re initial mark up but then made a template on a piece of clear plastic which they aligned to the radio tatoos and drew over that instead so I could wash the pen off!
Hope you get the answer you need to feel reassured.

Daltocat - Understand your concern, and hope there is a good and fairly innocent harmless explanation.

Seabreeze
Highlighted

Bit confused ladies about the boosters.

I was under the impression that these were aimed at the site of the tumor bed, although i dont start mine until wednesday i have been marked up for them already which was a bit pointless as showering every morning after sweating every night is washing the marks off. But in my mind i am pretty sure my tumor was not in the centre of this box that they have draw on me, it was more over to one side, this box seems to centre the scar, i know it may sound silly but did anyone of you ladies that have had / having boosters experience the same. I will ask today when i go but its not until this evening. 

deelush x x

Highlighted

Fingers crossed Daltocat, there is a simple explanation to your concerns. 

Take care

deelush x x

Highlighted

Thanks Wemblo. I'm sure it's nothing but asking the question will help lay my mind to rest. My bcn only works Tuesday to Thursday so it will be another day before I get the chance to speak to her.
Highlighted

Daltocat

Hope you get some reassurance tomorrow. Let us know how you get on xx
Highlighted

Last boost tomorrow and all had been going well but woke up this morning to see a spot of blood at chest height on my bedsheet. Bleeding from the nipple was what led me to be diagnosed in the first place. Trying not to panic and will speak to bcn next week but gutted as I was so excited to be finishing rads. 😞
Highlighted

Hi ladies
Will ring hospital in morning to get some cream sorted, thanks for ur advice and support ladies. E45 has eased it slightly tho but looks like I'm gonna need something better now.
Have a good day everyone
x