Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still need pain killers

9 REPLIES 9
Lucy_BCC

Re: still need pain killers

Hi Sue
I am sorry to read your news, please do feel free to call our helpliners as they can offer you further support, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

sue456

thank u Mary helps to no other people r taking time to reply. sue.x
mary32

Hi Sue

I'm sorry to hear you've had less than the best of news. It's so difficult too when we don't want family to worry about how we are.

And you are now back to waiting which we all know is so difficult. 

Take care and you know you can let it all out here!

Mary

sue456

well fingers crossed didn't help. im shattered with hearing that i have to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy and CT scan to if its spread because lymph nodes were canserious . back to waiting again i find that the hardest. trying to b strong about it don't want to show how down i really am in front of my daughter who started her new job today.
sue456

Hi gilly sorry only just seen your post I had a wonderful day today spent it in our garden with my daughter and 6 year old grandson I no they came round today to keep my mind off things and it really worked. My grandson is so funny and loving it was a fantastic day. Now my mind is working overtime . Bless my daughter she starts her new job tomorrow of all days really hope she won't be worrying about me to much and sails through her first day ok. Thanking u gilly for replying really means a lot. Fingers crossed I will b writing on here tomorrow with good news. Sue x

Kess

Hang in there Nel. I know it seems a long time but it is worth it. I started treatment in feb (chemo first) and won't be done till October, but my onc said at the start to give him this year. If it gets me NED then it's worth it.

If you are finding the painkillers don't help, let them know they can give you different ones, but don't worry about having to take them for 4 weeks, that is not too long if you need them.
Butterfly318

Morning Nel

4 weeks is really early days,  as Sue says you do need to keep up the exercises.  These ensure the mobility in your joints,  keep up muscle tone and keep the fluid moving. 

I was more than techy love,  i was really p***ed off at being diagnosed (i know i am not very tollerant) and pain really is misery making.  So i would make sure you take pain killers and stay out of pain.

Nel take care of yourself,  let anybody who is offering care for you too and keep posting.

Have a lovely day.  Take Care  Gilly x

Butterfly318

Morning Sue.

You are so right when you say keep up the exercises.  Just to say i'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you go to see the Oncologist.  It is a worrying time but you will know from the Forum that lots of ladies do have Lymph Node involvement, have treatment and continue posting on the forum for many many years.  I had full node clearance due to the size of my lump and it was in one node. I'd had Chemo before surgery and then Radiotherapy.  Again from the Forum you will know that Chemo or Radiotherapy (sometimes both) is a 'belt and braces' approach to catch any stray cells and prevent recurrance. Unfortunately when we are attending appointments and going through treatment knowledge and facts don't really count for much when we have wild imaginations..... 

I used to write everything down and ask again to make sure i really understood what the Professionals  were suggesting in terms of treatment..

I am two years on now from my diagnosis and just had reconstruction to Mastectomy side and other side matched up.  

Sue have a lovely day and keep posting how you go on.    Take Care   Gilly x

sue456

Hi Mel    Sorry to hear u r suffering im no expert but was talking to one of the other ladies the other day they it's the norm im afraid u can get pain for a long time. I had my lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed on 15th August still a lot of discomfort and numbness and also swelling. I see oncologist tomorrow I'm bricking it so worried they r going to say it might of spread. Sorry im rambling on. Keep doing arm exercises because they r very important and will help with pain. Keep posting would d nice to hear how u get on with things. All the best sue.xxx

Nel

still need pain killers

Hi it's been 4 weeks since my lumpectomy and SenitolNodeBiopsy.  I still have pain down my arm and taking pain medicine  ..... although trying to keep this till bed time. It is making my techy.  should I still be having pain after 4 weeks. I also am weepie and getting irritated with people  .... this is not usual behaviour for me. Am seeing my oncologist on Monday 8th September to discuss my treatment plan.  I just feel that being told I had cancer on 23rd June .... surgery on 4th August  ..... this is  along time this journey is taking me.