still no answers

i feel so low right now , just before christmas i found a swelling under arm and thickning in my breast , my gp sent me on an urgent referal for an ultra sound, The day that everything was supposed to be answered became my nightmare, the dr came to do scan and i was horrifyed to learn i had been refered to wrong departent(neck and arm), she herself couldnt understand why however she scaned me anyway and dicover something with one of my lymph nodes under my arm, she didnt say what and refused to scan breast as it wasnt her department, i left the drs office with the promise i wouldnt have to go back on the waiting list , but still no news. there is a big family history of breast cancer . im a 38 yr old single mother to 4 beautiful boys , they sense something isnt right.. most probally due to my change in character but as i havent said anything to them our house is like a rollercoaster and their usually laid back mammy is very short and emotional with them . i really thought i would of had more answers after wednesday scan but im still playing the waiting game . on the whole i`m being quite positive , but then when i have a bad day i feel like my world has ended( slight over reaction i know)

Hi Pebbles and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and shared experiences you will soon have here, our helpliners are on hand weekdays 9-5 and 10-2 Sat to offer you a lsitening ear and support to help you through this worrying time. The number to call is 0808 800 6000.

I am posting a link to the ‘Worried’ section of the website which you may find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=promo\_content&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy

Hi Pebbles
How are you doing? I read your info and just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Have you been back to hospital yet? If so how did you get on?

As a single mother of 3 I know how hard it is to try and carry on “normal” life for the sake of the kids. I do hope everything goes well for you.

Sending you good vibes and a big hug

Jen x