strattice technique surgery

Hello I am based in the west midlands and wondering if anyone has had breast reconstruction with the strattice technique?? I am willing to travel. Replies appreciated

Sorry I can’t help as I’ve never heard of this - would like to know more though…

Hello,

I had a mastectomy in October 2013 with immediate reconstruction with a strattice. My surgeon only used this technique twice before my surgery and I am very pleased with the result. The surgery was carried out in the Spencer hospital in Margate (Kent).

I think breast reconstruction with strattice is a fairly standard technique in US. However, surgeons in UK seem to be more conservative and only a few surgeons started using this technique. I understand the technique is only appropriate for smaller breasts.

Hello I had mastectomy dec 2013
I had breast reconstruction with the stratttice technique . I am pleased with the result also . Treated in northampton general hospital .

Hello I am in oxfordshire and had strattice with implant recon on 13/2. 8 weeks post op all going well and planning nipple sharing op and uplift for good boob in 4 months time when healing should be complete. Had quite a bit of swelling for the first 6 weeks, and had to get additional pain killers at week 3 which I am told is the worse week, still taking some pain killers for burning nerve pain but back at work from 6 weeks and worked at home from 4 weeks. Driving very painful at first but tried too early, 5th gear still bit tricky! Pain in hospital was minimal due to pain catheter direct into recon. Had three lots of antibiotics which is quite common with strattice. Shape wise it’s very good once the swelling settles and you have a better idea of shape, I had teardrop implant and am b cup so not large but clothed you cannot tell (apart from some dents I have above boob as no tissue there but ps tells me she is going to try some lipo filling there. If you have any questions happy to answer. My scar is across middle to where nipple was removed and have scar under armpit following snb, have some swelling and some hardened lymps in that fatty bit by armpit which swells when do too much but have been advised to massage when moisturising twice a day, all in all now it’s not quite so hard, and the pressure which felt like a bowling ball had been strapped to my chest has eased somewhat I am pleased .

Hi.  I’m not sure what strattice technique is.  I am about to have my right breast removed, not due to cancer, as I had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy last year but due to the side effects of the radiation causing my breast tissue to harden and hurt!  I now have one normal breast (G cup) and one very hard small breast (b cup).  I’m not sure whether to have reconstruction after surgery, so if you can keep in touch with me if you have your surgery, that would be good.  I live in Birmingham and am having my treatment and surgery at West Midlands Hospital, Halesowen.  Thanks.  Sue

Hi - it will be two years in June since I had a skin sparing mastectomy with immediate reconstruction using strattice mesh and an implant at the royal bolton hospital. They use the mesh and your muscle to create a pocket to put the implant into. I am really pleased with it and haven’t had any problems with it. It did take quite a while for all the swelling to die down and I also felt for a time like I had a bowling ball stuck to my chest but that gradually wore off. In face it has improved over time as everything has  healed and meshed internally. 

Are there possible risks with the mesh like an allergic reaction?? I have so many allergies and am wondering what the surgeons say about the strattice, before I have my consultation I want to prepare myself, as I know it could not successful. I’m pleased to hear it’s worked so well for some xx

Hello kels 2010
Just wondered how you got on with your consultation regarding … Stratttice technique? X

Hello I had breast reconstruction using the skin sparing strattice technique last October followed by 6 sessions of FEC chemotherapy. I am very pleased with result and am awaiting a small operation next week to begin reconstruction ting a new nipple. Happy to discuss any treatment with you if you still need any information.