lupin15

Re: stressed/very scared

HI Micheline
WELL DONE YOU. I am so pleased for you.
All the best and hugs

micheline

Hello everyone!

I went to my doctors this afternoon and THANK GOD, it is not cancer. However, I do have a small cyst on my left breast which the doctor and radiologist do not advise having a biopsy, it is a definite cyst and so small. What I've requested to further assure me is a repeat ultrasound in 6 months. Having said all this, I have also scheduled my yearly physical at the end of August and if anything else, it will give me another opportunity. My doctor told me to make sure I do my monthly self-breast exam and we will keep an eye for any changes that may be worrisome, but right now - all is good.

I want to say thank for everyone's support and words of encouragement - I found this site actually by accident and I am so glad I did - it is in my favorites. I will check in always periodically and perhaps I can offer the same kind support to others that I have received. A big hug to all and those of you going through a bit of a hard situation, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Crehensal

You will probably be OK - nearly the same happened to me but it turned out to be where either a piece of breast tissue had not changed in exactly the same way as all the rest or where a little tissue had got folded over - the second mammo was OK. I know how you feel though, I could not eat or sleep until I knew.

alexamay09

Hi Micheline
The stress of waiting and not knowing what is going on is very tough. Nothing is quite as bad as that believe me. Its good that your centre is so vigilant. Put it this way - better to pick up something that turns out to be nothing than to miss something that turns out to be something!
I was dx with bc on 26 May and believe me, the dx was not nearly as bad as waiting and not knowing. Chances are you will be fine so stay positive. Sending hugs.
Alex
:)

cathjue09

hello micheline
it is only normal to be so worried, but there is other explanations for your recall,and they dont seem to be rushing you back in,,i hope it all goe`s well this afternoon,
there is some lovely people on this site with good advice
lets us know how you get on fingers crossed julie x

lupin15

Hi Micheline.
Hope your appointment goes well today and try not to worry too much. Wait and see what they have to say first. Look froward to hearing how it goes.
Good Luck.

micheline

Whirliwind, thanks for the encouragement and support. I am going to see my physician tomorrow afternoon July 13th - I am just fit to be tied with worries. I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks, Micheline/Diane

Whirlwind

Hi Micheline/Diane,

I was recalled after my 1st mammogram, this year. I received a letter 4 days later. The consultant and nurses were very explainative and said they had picked up a small area (7mm). After another mammogram, ultrasound, they gave me a biopsy there and then. So had my results a week later.
From reading your notes, they didn't give you a biopsy at the same time as your ultrasound and they do know what they are looking for.
Possibly you were very concerned and upset (quite normal) at the time and they have decided for a further appointment. I see that you received yr letter 10 days after the mammogram this may also be a good sign.
Let us know, under this thread, how you get on.
Best Wishes
Whirlwind
ps this is an excellent site for any problems that you may have.
ps

micheline

stressed/very scared

I am 56 young and every year, I go for breast screening - have been made aware that I have dense breast and cystic. About 2 weeks ago, I went for my regular mammogram, went home and about 10 days after, they called to come back for follow up mammogram and ultrasound. I was so stressed and worried and still am. I spoke with the radiologist after words and she informed me that my mammogram indicated normal breast tissues, but apparently the sonogram indicated 2 very small areas of concern, but before I left, she said they were nothing to worry about. The next day, my physician's office called and he wanted to see me the following week. I spoke with him and ask him directly what was up and he said it was just to discussed the breast clinics report - I'm so scared and terried and have not been able to relax, sleep and everyday, I keep feeling my breast to see if I can see any differences or feel anything you know, I'm really obsessed because I'm scared. DIANE