cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strong family history found what feels like gristle

7 REPLIES 7
hannah203

Re: strong family history found what feels like gristle

Glad you're getting referred and that's good your mum had all the tests already. Hope it all goes OK for you xx
Juzzles75

My mum was tested for all known genes, including the brca and colon cancer genes, no abnormalities found as yet x
Juzzles75

Did go to gp today as lump felt bigger have referral to breast clinic within two weeks, he thinks its more likely to be a week xx
hannah203

Yes it is very stressful not knowing, have they mentioned anything about gene testing? If it is a new area of concern your gp may decide they will need to see you again as it is a change in the breast. I would strongly recommend getting to your doctor sooner, you have nothing to lose & everything to gain. These things are never making a mountain out of a mole hill!!!! Peace of mind is invaluable xx
Juzzles75

Hi Hannah thanks for replying, I don't know if this would have shown up on the mammogram and if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. I might ring to try and get in earlier, just stressed enough over family history xxx
hannah203

Hi Juzzles hope you're doing OK.  Is there any way you could contact your GP to bring the appointment forward? If you explained you have an area of concern & the history I'm sure they would want to see you sooner.  It would ease your stress and worry.  Keep posting on here if you need support xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Juzzles

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies I have put you links to some of BCC's publications which you might find helpful.  Also our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you need to talk to someone in confidence. 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-families-...

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-famil...

I hope you find this helpful.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Juzzles75

strong family history found what feels like gristle

Hi all am high risk for bc, am 40, had my first mammogram attached to family history came back fine but yesterday found a tiny lump feels like gristle inner right breast. Have appt 15th April to see Dr. Family history mum bc @51, ovarian and colon cancer at 60, passed last May to metastatic ovarian cancer aged62. Two maternal aunts bc, passed aged 46 and 49, paternal great grandma passed at 43 from colon cancer. Thanks x