stuck in limbo

hi not posted anything on here before but thought i’d give it a go. Well my story is almost excactly a year ago aged 34 i was diagnosed with breast cancer i had a lumpectomy end of march also had lympth nodes removed 4 were infected then as i hadn’t had any kids i had my eggs frozen which was hard but i had to give myself a chance of a family. I was told i’d need chemo and radiotherapy but i was given the devasting news that the cancer was more aggresive than first thought and i’d need a mastectomy so i went through my chemo which really hard but i got through it. Had my mastecomy in sep but have to wait for reconstruction had radiotherapy in december. I was told after my mastectomy that my chemo hadn’t shrunk the tumour which was unusual and i was very high risk of the cancer returning i’ve had 2 bone scans which luckily came back clear, as im triple negative i am finished all my treatments but have to get regular check ups.
I now feel stuck in limbo cause i want to move forward but im scared to look too far into the future i have all these questions buzzing round my head its driving me crazy. im going to the younger womens forum in edinburgh so hoping to get talking to other women who understand as i feel like i cant talk to my partner or family cause i should be happy things are over with for now should i not ??? confused.com does anyone else feel like this ?

Hi Lozza35

It is perfectly normal to feel the way you do, many others find it difficult to move on following treatment. I’m sure many will be along shortly to share their experiences.

In the meantime, I just wanted to say that, if you feel it would help to talk through your feelings, do call our Helpline. They’re on 0808 800 6000 and can discuss your concerns with you as well as direct you to other sources of help and information.

They are open 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturday.

Kind regards.

Louise, Facilitator

Thanks louise i think i’ll do that, its just i dont want to let anyone down because everyone said i’d been so positive throughout my treatment its just now there’s nothing more i can do as such.
Thanks again