surgery tuesday scared

Hi i have my lumpectomy on tuesday just finished pack bag got phone on monday to see if they have a bed. Not sure what to expect but more frightened of getting results after any tips on keeping calm through these waiting days
regards Poppetxx

Hi Poppet,

I know how you feel and I am afraid I have no magic words.Try to keep yourself busy today and remember tomorrow will be another box you can tick off on the way to getting through this.
I am sure your operation won’t be as bad as you are imagining,hopefully you will be back on here telling us all about in a day or two.
The waiting really is the worst and whatever your results bring you will be able to at least get on with fighting this.
I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow,
Hugs
Dot
xxx

Hi poppet, my thoughts are with you. Leading up to my mx in June I was feeling scared of the unknown but then grabbed it by the horns and thought of it as getting the beast away which helped me and it was not as bad as I thought. I am now waiting for the results of full lymph node clearance tomorrow and I suppose I am in a slightly different position as whatever the result I know I need at least 7 chemo sessions .

I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes tomorrow.

Sharon xxxx

Hi Girls
Poppet - I understand your anxiety - keep busy today - tomorrow will be ok.

Sharon - I am going in for full node clearance tomorrow - slightly different situation from you. I had chemo last year, followed by mast, 7 nodes removed (all clear) then rads. I found a lump under arm few weeks ago and I have cancer in at least 2 nodes - hence the clearance tomorrow. They (and I) are hoping this is cells which were left over from old cancer rather than a brand new one. But wont know that for a couple of weeks - the waiting is the horrible part. This has hit me worse than the original dx in a lot of ways and have been really struggling.

Think I am gonna take my own advice and go away for a swim and steam - have hairdresser in afternoon then into town with daughter after school.

Sharon I wish you all the best with your results - let us know how you get on. Poppet - all the very best for your surgery tomorrow - we might be ‘under’ at the same time

Love and Hugs to you all
S
xxx

Hi poppet Hope everything goes ok for tomorrow let us know how you go on xxxxxx

Hi Poppet - fingers crossed for tomorrow - next wait will be for the results, not easy but take it easy when you get out of hospital. Had mine at the end of July and was doing most things a couple of days later.

Angela

Hi everyone just got home from hospital feeling ok thinking positive and going to take up a new hobby daughter makes jewllery so going give it a bash
Op went well a bit tender under my arm and aliitle bit numbness at the back but doing excercise.
Poppet

Glad to hear you are OK,
Take care and take it easy,

Dot
xx

Welcome Home!

Good idea about the hobby - I make cards and find that it’s very therapeutic! Keep doing the exercises !
Angela

Hi poppet
Pleased everything went ok,yes poitive is good,So is learning to spell lol
They didn’t tell me that when i got bc my brain would stop working,
Make sure you rest when you think you need to,
when do you get results, hope they are what we all wish for you xxxx

well done Poppet and welcome home. Do remember to keep doing the exercises but more importantly rest when you need to.

a big hug :)))) sharon xx

Thank you
Trying to do exercise had a bit of a struggle with a sports bra today so put the hospital corset back on they said it would be ok.
Get results on 24th sept which i thought was a long time away not sure if thats the norm
Poppet

Hi girls been reading your comments and thought I would join you. Got diagnosed on 28/8 2 tumours in left boob, decided to go for mast and had total lymph clearance. Op on 4/9 home on 6th without drains! yippee recovery has been ok so far, keep wondering if Im due a bad phase as am in good spirits and feeling ok. got results on 11/9 no spreading to lymphs - hooray - will be on tamoxifen for 5 years and am seeing oncologist 18/9 to discuss chemo. not sure what i’ll do yet,
It’s nice to read all comments from everyone reassuring to know am not alone!!! x

Hi i have just had my dressing of and at the momment bc nurse thinks i will needed some fluid drained of under my arm as lump appeared but every thing else fine
just waiting for results i am pleased that you got good news and you are not alone on this site always someone to listen.
Hugs Poppetx

Hi Poppet have heard that having fluid drained not bad at all. Am thinking I may have to spk to bc nurse as under my arm feels quite hard, not sure what it should be like. Pains every now and then suppose only to be expected. Have good day!
cazz xx

I had a mast just under two weeks ago and had drains in for 7 days!

Had to go back last Friday for wound to be drained and i didn’t feel a thing - honest. In fact I am going back today to have it done again - think I must be storing all the wine I am guzzline…lol!

Good luck everyone x

Hi Pheebster

Have you had your results yet? had mine no spreading to lymph nodes grade 2 multifocal seeing onc on thurs 18th to find out follow up treatment, will defo be on tamoxifen poss chemo although must admit that scares me! Have maybe been doing too much research into effects!
keep smiling
cazzb x

Hi Cazzb

No results as yet…but I do know I’m on the list for discussion at the doctors meeting tomorrow, so I should get them soonish. I’m trying not to think about it too much - chemo scares me crapless too, and my consultant and team know that. I have chosen the oncologist I want to see, so it is just a matter of sitting back and waiting now. I (personally) feel that chemo can do so much harm as well as good, and that sometimes it is hard to weigh up the pros and cons…it is just too confusing. The thought of my immune system being knocked for six is just the first of my worries - I truly feel chemo would leave me wide open to another whole heap of problems, but hey, who knows what we can deal with when the time comes?

Hopefully you will be able to avoid the chemo route - I really hope so - no lymph node involvement is fabulous news! Let me know what happens tomorrow, but so far everything sounds promising for you! Good luck girl x

Hi Pheebs

didn’t realise you could choose oncologist. Mine was recommended to me by my surgeon, who I must admit I do trust, so hopefully he will be ok. Hope you don’t have to wait too long for your results, mine came through 1 week after surgery and that week was the worst ever.

I have been looking on web re chemo and think I may now have too much information!!! Still at least I’ve got some questions for tomorrow and hopefully wont feel so helpless, sometimes feels like people are talking a differant language when it comes to talking about treatment.

Well will let you know how I get on appt not till 5pm.
Take care
love caz xx